“I love it!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Neighbourhood: Oak Lawn
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Food was great, waitresses doing a fine job, no long wait, affordable, and no hassles. What else could you ask for?

1  Thank Vick Z

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Ate here a dozen years ago and still dream of the day to return for their bean soup! It was just a little hole in the wall tex mex joint but I long to return!

1  Thank edbaltrip
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I have been going to Herrera's for 30+ years. My last meal on earth would have to be Herrera's bean soup, chips and salsa, and a 2B. Heavenly.

2  Thank Julie P
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Written up in National Geographic for the GOOD food. One of the best Tex-Mex restaurants anywhere. A gold standard for that we compare all similar others to and the others always disappoint. Bean soup is always good and the plain old cheese enchilians are a true standby.
It does not get any better than this.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

I have been going to Herrera's ever since I got out of college and it was a little pink-concrete-brick shack with no bar. It has moved twice since then and now has a nice, attractive, much larger restaurant with a bar. The tables all have glass tops with photos of the many longtime customers eating at the second location before it moved. Even though I now live elsewhere, I go to Herrera's at last once every time I go to Dallas--that is non-negotiable! I love the 2C on the menu, two enchiladas, rice and beans, and a taco, but I usually get a big double dip of their creamy, always-fresh guacamole to go with. The hot sauce here is hot! No namby-pamby Northerner salsa. But whatever you order, you can scarcely go wrong!