“Mi Favorito”

Ranked #378 of 3,689 Restaurants in Dallas
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This is a favorite lunch spot for me, regardless of whether my Spanish is spelled or spoken right. It's fast, dependable and just good food. Since I'm always short on lunch time, their lunch menu is perfect and food comes out fast. Chips and salsa come right out after we're seated, as do drinks. I usually get #7 - beef taco and cheese enchilada. Taco is crispy, flavorful, not too spicy. Cheese enchilada is gooey and good. Comes with rice and beans on the side. Valet parking helps in this tight retail area, and even the valet is fast. The waiters know us by now, as we come several times a month -- love the local smallness of this place. Sit outside this Spring, it's not a scenic view by any means, but ample city life in action.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

We have returned to Rafa's every time we visit Dallas. Our recent visit it was as good as ever. Two in our group had tortilla soup and loved it. We sit in the bar area and enjoy the 60's Pop art posters. We had great sangria with our meals. If you love local neighborhood places with great food, try Rafa's. Valet parking was a big plus in a very congested parking area. The food is fresh and served quickly.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

This place is by no means an upscale restaurant, but it was just about a perfect Tex-Mex meal in every way. The ambience reminds one of Mexico in its modesty and decoration. The service was fast, efficient, and friendly. The chips were crisp and thin, not at all greasy. The salsa was excellent, and obviously homemade.

We started with the spicy queso and it was excellent; the cheese did not taste like it was processed and the peppers gave it a nice kick (cup was $5.95). The best part was the main course. I tried "Steve's Steak Tacos" which came 3 to an order and were packed with tenderloin beef, onions, and mushrooms. There was some pico and fresh avocado on the side. They were the best steak tacos I have ever had: tender, very flavorful, and running-down-your-arm-juicy. They were simply excellent. It was deal at $15. The wife got Pollo Pechuga--chicken pieces cooked in foil with veggies and spices. She said the chicken was moist, tender, and very flavorful. We liked everything about this place, and agreed that it is our new go-to restaurant for Tex-Mex. If I had one small comment is that the top shelf margaritas (Fiesta), although very smooth and flavorful, could be a bit stronger ($8.95).

1  Thank russkwtx
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Every meal we have enjoyed there is fantastic. The service is friendly and the food is as fresh as grandma's

1  Thank Tom6351
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

I have to admit that our latest visit was not as good as the many others. I've been eating at Rafa's for over 20 years and this was the first time I've been disappointed in the cheese enchiladas. The puffy tacos are the best you will find.