“Dark and cozy ambiance”
Review of Sevy's Grill

Sevy's Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Sevy's Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #98 of 3,897 Restaurants in Dallas
Price range: US$21 - US$36
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sherry Lane
Description: A family-owned neighborhood restaurant, we view every guest as our friend. With a varied menu to please every palate, professional service, complimentary valet, and warm inviting atmosphere, you won't find a find a finer experience in Dallas.
Reviewed 30 March 2014

It had been a long time since we'd eaten at Sevy's, and we were so pleased that it was still so good. It's a great menu; I had a tough time making a choice. I had the wonderful mozzarella, teardrop tomatoes, and arugula salad with a terrific basil dressing drizzled with balsamic vinegar. My entree was one of the specials--sea bass with potatoes and a small salad topped with smoked salmon. It was all delightful. My husband loved his corn chowder and beef fillet, slightly smoked and topped with a brandy green peppercorn sauce. We rarely eat all of our entrees, but these were so good that we couldn't stop eating until it was all gone. Too bad...no leftovers! This is REAL food, not that stuff that's tiny portions of something weird on a large plate decorated with drips, smears, and dabs of something or other to distract you.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I chose this restaurant because I liked the American/Mexican fusion choices on the menu when I looked at it online. They offered some menu items that are different, and seemed appetizing, like the duck flautas and the corn chowder. I must say that I was disappointed.

The corn chowder was not very tasty, and the flautas were tasteless as well.

I went on a Wednesday night, and the restaurant was full. I guess it is a very popular place in Dallas, but did not meet my standards in terms of food quality and taste.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Sevy's is much improved since my last visit in 2011. I felt the food just wasn't making it back then. They must have a new chef because all of the seafood was delicious. The ambiance is always pleasant, the service is friendly and competant. 4 of us for Christmas Eve Dinner and they were quite busy. I had Sea Bass deliciously pan sauteed with a wonderful sauce. My friends had Snapper, Scallops & Lobster Carbonara. I tasted all and they were quite good. The wedge salad was cold, plump, crispy and delightful. Lobster Bisque creamy with bits of lobster and the Caesar salad with anchovies was wonderful. Good wine list & wine by the glass selections. I am now a fan and can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We recently visited Sevy's with an above average size group. Even on a busy Friday evening, the service was quite good and the experience was very pleasant. They have a good menu and nice wine list. My only "complaint" is that the food was not really inspired. It was good, but not great or even very good. In Dallas, that should not happen, particularly at these prices. But, if you want a nice evening, this is a good place, particularly if you are having a group of 6 to 10.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

One of the most consistent restaurants in Dallas for years. The food quality and preparation are exceptional and always have had a great time there.
Sevy's is a Dallas institution that should be enjoyed by all.

Been to Sevy's Grill? Share your experiences!