“Very, very good!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dragonfly

Dragonfly
Reserve with OpenTable
Dragonfly is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 3,563 Restaurants in Dallas
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Groups, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: McKinney Avenue & Maple-Routh
Description: With a newly redesigned menu, Dragonfly takes a playful twist on traditional modern American food classics. The updated culinary and design direction offers an experience accessible to all tastes, while delivering the same unsurpassed quality, creativity and artistic edge for which Hotel ZaZa is known. Chef Landsberg's menu uses the freshest foods of the season from local suppliers, as well as incorporating specialties from the region.
Weatherford, Texas
“Very, very good!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

My wife and I enjoyed one of our dinners here while celebrating our Anniversary weekend. The staff was super attentive, the food was much better than I expected. We allowed our server to order all of our evening dishes.....and the food and wine were paired wonderfully. Don't fool yourself, this place may be known for the evening night club (which is super), but before that starts they produce some really high quality food with awesome service. Also, for the food and beverage we were served, the prices are much less than I would have expected. I almost felt like this evening was a value.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Dragonfly, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Paul P!

Thank you for the great feedback! I am pleased to read that you had an awesome anniversary visit at the Dragonfly! Delicious food & excellent service are key at the D.

Please touch base when your travels return you to Dallas, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya!

United States
“You must go !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

My son and I just had a wonderful meal at Dragonfly. We both had the chicken with rice($22). I had a side of macaroni and cheese($7). My son had a side of mashed potatoes($5). All of the food was absolutely delicious. However food aside- the staff is top notch. We were greeted by a very friendly hostess who despite our not having a reservation (Saturday night) was able to seat us within 10 minutes of our arrival. Our waiter Edgar was the best I have encountered anywhere. He should actually give a training course on how a true waiter should function. He was friendly and answered all of our questions. He came to our table several times to check on us during our meal. It is obvious that he enjoys his job. If you are ever in the Dallas area do yourself a favor and stop in to the Dragonfly. You won't be disappointed!

lovestotravel709!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback. I am pleased to read that you had a delightful experience with your son at the Dragonfly! Delish food & excellent service are key at the D.

In regards to service, I will make sure Edgar is commended for providing excellent service to you during your visit at the restaurant!

Please touch base when your travels return you to Dallas, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival! We love ya!
Dallas, Texas
“Anniversay Dinner While Staying @ Hotel ZaZa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

We have eaten at Dragonfly at least a dozen times and it never disappoints. This trip we decided to eat at Dragonfly because we were staying at Hotel ZaZa. We had reservations and thus we were seated right in the middle of the restaurant upon arrival. There was a small two piece band with a woman singer in the corner (very good) that was playing as we walked in. The bar which is usually busy was somewhat quiet; however it was a Wednesday night. The service we received was wonderful as the server presented us with our menus and then from memory provided us with the specials. We had ordered a bottle of wine but found out it wasn’t currently in stock. As an alternative the restaurant suggested a higher priced bottle but charged the same price as we would have paid for the bottle they were out of. The food was delicious and there was more than we could eat. At no point were we rushed; however we were well attended too. We finished the meal off with ice cream rolled in Oreo cookie crumbs (awesome), as well as a couple glasses of dessert wine. As mentioned above we have been at least 12 times and we will continue to visit Dragonfly for dinner.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Matthew_Nuss, President at Dragonfly, responded to this review, 29 September 2014
deanhv!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback. I am happy to read that you had an awesome anniversary dinner at the Dragonfly! The ice cream rolling in Oreo cookie crumbs is definitely a great way to finish up a delish dinner.

Please touch base when you would like to dive back into the Dragonfly, as I will have my team roll out the red carpet for you! We love ya!
“Outstanding in every way, brought to you by Chef Andrew McDonald”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I took my mother here for her birthday. It's a younger crowd in general. The people watching was phenomenal. Young, rich Dallas wanting a drink, gorgeous food and to be seen. Coming in from the suburbs, it was really refreshing to see a place that put effort into its decor and ambiance.
My mother had a cocktail with Makers Mark and iced tea that she was very pleased with. I told the bartender that I'd like whatever he recommended. We talked a while and he presented me with a Vesper, which was perfectly executed.
Chef Andrew McDonald brought out variety of different dishes. I can't remember them all, but some of the highlights were a cheesy gnocchi, duck ham cured at the restaurant, and a really satisfying nibble of flatbread with almond butter and apricot puree on top.
My mother and I asked for wine recommendations and we were both very satisfied. She had scallops and I had lamb chops. Both were delicious and the right quantity. For her birthday, they gave us a big chopping board of various desserts. All were wonderful but the show-stealer was a tiny taco made of fried wonton skins filled with a canoli-like filling.
We could not have been happier with our experience there. Chef Andrew McDonald is so talented! On our way back to the lobby we stopped and got our taro cards read. Fun night!

Thank thatsawesome888 .
Matthew_Nuss, President at Dragonfly, responded to this review, 5 March 2015
thatsawesome888!

Thank you for the superb feedback! I am happy to read that you and your mom had a delightful celebratory experience at the Dragonfly! Delish food and drinks are key at the D. I will definitely commend Chef Andrew for providing a tasty experience for you both! The lamb chops are a hot menu item.

Please touch base when your travels return you to Dallas! We love ya at the Dragonfly!
“Meh”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Such a facade of a really mediocre lounge/ restaurant. The waiter was extremely nice, his name was Steve, he took us through the menu explaining almost all the items there. And upon his recommendations, I had the lollipop lamb which was good, but not very good as he said, and the beed tenderloin, which I found fairly okay and again not as wow as he explained to be their best seller of the menu.

Upon arrival, there was no one to seat us at the door and although the blondie was standing with a group of men on a table not very far from the entrance and she saw us, she took her time finishing the conversation until she seated us. There was another asian waitress who was probably drunk or high, because she was dancing all the time and shaking her head like she was somewhere else not on this planet.

Never again there.

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Sara,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your visit at the Dragonfly. I apologize for the lackluster meal & service you experienced at the restaurant. Such quality is definitely not the standard at the D. I will have a word with my staff regarding your experience so that such an occurrence does not arise again in the future.

Please touch base with me when you have an opportunity, as I would like to gather more details concerning your experience at the Dragonfly.

Alex Aland
Director of Food & Beverage Operations
Hotel ZaZa
AAland@hotelzaza.com

Been to Dragonfly? Share your experiences!