“Nice lunch”

Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: Southwestern
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Blue Mesa delivers the bold taste of the Southwest with fresh local ingredients and one-of-a-kind recipes at a great value. Blue Mesa is known for its legendary Sunday brunch, vibrant Tequila Bar, and exceptional catering service. Blue Mesa's Tequila Bar program is unique in its innovation, depth, and execution. Each month a different tequila distillery is promoted with top shelf and fresh fruit margaritas made with its tequila. Tequila happy hour parties, dinners and other events provide many different opportunities for customers to learn about and enjoy great tequila.
Dallas, Texas
“Nice lunch”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We had a group of 11 for lunch & they easily accommodated us. We called ahead for a reservation & they had the table ready for us when we arrived.

They have a limited lunch menu but it's still more expensive than most lunch places. Everyone's food was fresh & delicious just a little too expensive for a daily lunch place. I had the daily fish special with a soda & it was $18.50 before tip.

They are the only place I know that serves sweet potato chips & they are delicious! I wish more places would serve them.

• Visited May 2014

Townville
“Not a great Mother's Day celebration”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

There was no indication on signage or from the hostess that only a buffet was available for dinner on Mother's Day. The server came to take our drink orders and advised that the buffet was $18.95 per person and their normal menu was not available. None of the food was warm much less hot. We had to wait 15-20 minutes for them to refill the tortilla chips even though several patrons had requested them. Our server was very lax in checking on us until we were close to finishing our meals and then the service improved. Too much too little too late.

Visited May 2014
Westbrook, Maine
“Not typical Tex Mex”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I met a client here for dinner while in town. The food options were unique and everything was good. I had a quesadilla with avocado,cheese,sundried tomato, and pesto. It was different but very good. The other people with me both loved the chicken tortilla soup. They also enjoyed their mixed drinks.

Visited April 2014
Dallas, TX
“Consistently awesome!!”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Start with the tableside guacamole and a blue margarita. Chips include the standard corn chip as well as blue corn chips and my favorite, sweet potato chips. My favorites are the crab enchiladas and spa chicken flautas. I have used Blue Mesa to cater several events. I get their fajita buffet and always get compliments from attendees on the choice of food. This location catered my wedding reception. I like to attend Sunday brunch here also. It gives me a chance to try a little bit of everything. My nephew in Louisiana has asked to come to Dallas to see me just so he can eat at Blue Mesa. It is his favorite restaurant in Dallas too!!!

• Visited December 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
“Creative Mexican flair”
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

This is not food for someone looking for standard tacos and the like. But, if you like flavor adventure, you will love this place. Start with a blue margarita. Try the queso sampler. The combo soup with black bean and corn chowder separated only by their density is a flavor sensation. Favorite entres at the table were the poblano stuffed with sweet potatoes and paired with a spinach enchilada; the guacamole enchilada; and the chicken and red onion soft tacos .

The place is loud. Lots of tequila drinks.