“Great Mexican Lasagna!”

Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: East Dallas
Reviewed 9 May 2011

Tried Monica's for the first time lastweek and really liked it. Heard great thing from friends about this place and saw it featured on the Travel Channel and thought I'd give it a go.
The menu is sizeable and has so much to choose from. I chose the Mexican lasagna and it was fabulous. The $3 margaritas are great too. When I went it was during lunch time and it was quite busy but even so that did not stop me from getting very good service. Ruby, I think her name was is an excellent waitress.
I would definately recommend Monica's if you're in Deep Ellum area or just want a choice of good Tex-Mex food.

Reviewed 21 April 2011

Great no outstanding drink specials for brunch with a limit of 3 at the discount price, but thats ok. Food is always great here, service is always good. I could not recommend this place enough.
Friday and Saturday night are a great time here when the band is playing. I recommend the pumpkin ravoli's too.

Reviewed 12 October 2010

Monica's Aca Y Alla is well worth the visit into the intriguing area of Deep Ellum. Their tortilla chips are warm and taste freshly fried, their salsa is delicious - always a good indication of how the dinner is going to go. Thursdays are all day happy hour, which includes half price drinks and lots of half price food options. I had the mexican lasagne which had a two tomato coulis on top of it. All the ingredients taste super fresh and the presentation is beautiful and modern. My sister had chicken enchiladas with a sour cream sauce which were also delicious. To top it all off, we had the most INCREDIBLE caramel cheesecake for dessert which may be one of the best pieces of cheesecake I've ever had. It's in a unique area of downtown Dallas, it looks like it used to be happening but is a little more deserted now. I wouldn't go to that area to walk around alone, just a hint of caution but the restaurant itself is a beautiful establishment.

Reviewed 5 September 2009

Dined here with the boyfriend last weekend. It was a first visit for me and likely won't be the last. Salsa was excellent and white queso was to die for. We decided to try something new. I had the Mexican Lasagna --- Really nice flavors! He had the Stuffed Chicken which came with a potato casserole type thing and fresh veges. Wow! That I really enjoyed! Would definitely try that again. As we were leaving it was getting VERY crowded and VERY loud. Probably something to keep in mind when planning the next visit.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 4 March 2009

good food love the area just fun

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook