“Great variety on the menu”

Vindu Indian Cuisine
Ranked #851 of 3,935 Restaurants in Dallas
Reviewed 5 February 2018

I wanted to try something different and so I ordered the Chicken 65 Dosa. It was a very big portion and the crepe tasted good. I liked the coconut chutney. The tamarind chutney that came as an appetizer with crispy chips is a favorite - a good mix of sweet and spicy. The mango lassi is a refreshing drink and helps with the spicy food. The other people in my group were very pleased with the lamb curry, delicious naan bread, and basmati rice. The chicken koorma was also flavorful. The leftovers were even better the next day.

For dessert we tried the combo. The donut-like pastry was good, and it came with rice pudding and mango pudding. I was expecting the combo to include rasmalai and halwa instead (like in the menu). I guess it was substituted.

The wait staff did well with refilling our water. It was not very crowded - we were there shortly after 5 p.m.

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Overall great experience. The food was flavorful and fresh. The portions were generous and the prices very good, especially since they also included a bread and rice. Complimentary pappadum and sauce was great too. The service was fantastic, super attentive staff. My only complaint is the chicken pieces were inconsistent sizes and cooked to different levels.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Service is friendly and efficient. The food is well made and the spices are very good, but the quality of meat could be a little better.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

They may not have met my expectations on the chicken tandoori but theirs is the best I've tasted in Texas so far. And the rest of what we ordered was all delicious. We'll definitely go back again.

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

I come here for takeout about once a month and they're consistently great on the food, plus I appreciate the friendly service.