“Beautiful Old Conversion”

Ranked #1 of 24 Dallas B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Old Conversion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

I think you will struggle to find a larger, more grande room. This house has been restored to a very high level, so it is an experience to stay here. Breakfast is served for all the guests at 0900 sharp so you get the chance for a good chat round the large oval table. There are no restaurants within walking distance but the B & B does provide a list of good restaurants within driving distance. I was a bit apprehensive about the surrounding area when I was driving in, but this may just have been me. Overall, a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms here are of good quality.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DSB57

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Arlington, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013

The house is beautiful,but it is a business investment and it feels that way. It does not have a warm "home" feeling. I doubt I'll go back. The landscaping is very plain. The attic room is the best that is offered, but again, it is sterile. The breakfast was good ,but certainly not amazing. This is the ONLY B&B across the country that I have EVER been in that did not offer herb tea for the guest....except, once I asked, I had some @ breakfast. Not okay with me.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful, as are the antiques.But, be aware. It is sterile. A business. Not a hom...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank happytraveler4209
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

What a hidden jewel! The gorgeous home provided us with so much comfort and happiness it is difficult to put into words. The Presidential Suite was extremely beautiful. Actually, so wonderful that we ended up choosing it over going out most of the time! I very rarely find a bed that is better than mine, but this one was for sure. The linens and pillows were so soft and inviting. The tall windows and decor made me feel warm and homey. The bathroom is where we spent a lot of the time as there was a large Jacuzzi tub and an open-air glass shower. It was pure bliss for us. We did not need it, but there was also tons of closet space.

The staff, Laurel and Dan, exceeded our expectations. Laurel, the innkeeper, lives on site and was always cooking up something that made the house smell so delicious. We enjoyed her hospitality and company very much. Although we met Dan briefly he was very interesting, kind, and nice to talk with. They both know what true southern hospitality is and are a perfect example of it.

The breakfast each morning was splendid. My boyfriend has a gluten allergy and she cooked him the best gluten-free biscuits he has ever had. We definitely looked forward to this every morning. The kitchen was always open and had snacks, fresh cookies/breads, soda, water, and even chocolate wine at all times. When it was time to check out after breakfast she actually told us to take our time leaving. So we were able to enjoy another bath/shower and nap before going.

Everything was perfect in our eyes, and we honestly cannot wait to return. I have traveled many places an and this has been one of my most memorable experiences.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Presidental Suite, but they were all well-apponited.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Amber W
Canon City, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

My sister and I recently stayed at The Corinthian for a week. Our father was having critical surgery at the Baylor University Medical Campus which is a short block and a half walk from the B&B. The building is lovingly restored and designed to accomdodate the guests. We stayed in the Vice Presidential Suite which is very spacious. Even though there were two other rooms on the same floor, we never heard the other guests and since the B&B is on a residential street, there is minimal street noise. The hosts, Laurel (on site) and Dan, are very gracious and encourage you to make yourself at home. The breakfast is deliciously prepared and more than one can eat. If you need to get an early start in the morning, Laurel has the coffee ready as well as a variety of items so you can help yourself and be on your way. The B&B is very well located for visiting any part of Dallas. If you do not have a car, there is a DART stop on the Baylor Medical Campus. If you want to experience a comfortable stay in a beautiful old house, I highly recommend The Corinthian.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank JanineCanonCity_CO
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

Had great (big) breakfasts - wonderful hosts - furnishings were fantastic - especially love all the antiques - we will definitely be back for a longer stay next time - this is what you want in a bed and breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Utravelwithme
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

Frequent travelers are hard to please, and we were pleasantly surprised by the personality and comfort we found at a college graduation in Dallas last week. We chose the Corinthian because of location, but were so happy with the quiet and pleasant character of the accommodations that we'll come back for other Dallas visits. The hosts were kind, breakfasts and snacks were thoughtfully presented and a clear step above typical B+B fare. Parking is secure in an area which is, as noted by others, in transition, but if Baylor Medical center or other nearby cultural activities are on your calendar, this is a lovely place to stay.

Room Tip: Members of our family from three states enjoyed three different rooms and enjoyed each one very much...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank LolaStella
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

I was in Dallas for a conference, most of which was held at the Corinthian. First of all, Dan is an excellent host, and I discovered that he did much of the restoration as well as purchasing the furnishings for this lovely home.

We stayed in the spacious Presidential Suite, complete with multiple closets and the hugest bathroom I have ever seen (with a whirlpool tub and enormous walk-in shower). All of the rooms were lovely and spacious.

The biggest problem we had were with the breakfasts. They were too rich and delicious for us - we ate so much that my wife and I both gained weight while we were there. Though I went running daily (the Santa Fe trail is only 1/2 mile away), I still gained weight. Everything was delicious.

The internet had a tendency to go down (daily), but Dan or Laurel were always available to reboot it.

I would definitely book another stay here.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple