“Authentic taste in ordinary place”
Review of Caribbean Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Caribbean Grill
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I have to limit this review to the food because I came for a chow down. And it lived up to the billing. I have been all over the Caribbean...know the difference between Jamaican, Trinidadian, and Guyanese as well as small island cuisine...and Caribbean Grill hits all the major dishes well. From one visit, you can get it in the buffet. Everything from oxtail stew, to journey cakes, to rice and peas, fried fish, escovitch fish, it is all pretty tasty. Price is reasonable for a buffet with so many options and a delightful bread pudding for desert. There is no wait at a buffet. I am told there is a dinner at nights with made to order food that tends to be a bit deliberate but that is while you enjoy dancing to reggae and soca music. The place is ordinary, in a strip mall with no particular attention to atmosphere. But if you come for the food, that spicy, delicious, heart warming Caribbean food, you wont be disappointed.

3  Thank doctorbird41
There are newer reviews for Caribbean Grill

Reviewed 19 January 2012

The food was authentic Jamaican--good, but not great. The portions were huge. The eatery was dark and very loud. Service was adequate.

1  Thank standardsandjazz
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Ok well I've never been to Jamaica but I imagine this has got to be it. This is some of the best food I've had in my life. Authentic, savory, meat falling of the bones kinda good. This place is a little hole in the wall and the atmosphere is lacking but the food is 5 star for sure. The buffet is totally worth the price and if you want good Carribean home cooking I know of no better place. Eating this food just makes all your troubles melt away. Try the fruit tea very tasty.

2  Thank Charles B
Reviewed 26 August 2011

We went with a dinner group, about 8-10 of us in all. We were the only ones in the place on a Thursday night. The waiter was very pleasant, but the service was very slow. It probably took 45 minutes for our appetizers to come out, and we didn't all get served at the same time. It seemed that our group overwhelmed the staff of what appeared to be one waiter and one cook. The food was VERY good. I tried both the fried plantains and the chicken pattie appetizers, and both were excellent! For my entree, I had the curry goat and the jerk chicken, and sides of cabbage and spinach. The flavors were intense and delicious. Some of our fellow dinners complained about having to pick the bones out of the meat dishes, but I thought it just made the dish more authentic, and probably added flavor as well. The atmosphere is also very authentic. It would be right at home on the beach in Jamaica, but seems a little too rustic for most North Dallas tastes.

2  Thank DallasDiner
Reviewed 17 July 2008

I love the vibe at the Caribbean Grill... Reggae music's always playing...The drinks are good and you can't forget the great food...
I believe they have a nice buffet that features Jerk Pork, Chicken, curried goat, rice and peas, fried fish and more Mon thru Friday for lunch...

I've never been at night, but understand Friday is the busiest late night with live bands and DJ's playing the jams... Saturday's late night crowd is supposed to be a little less hectic. Good sound system and decent size dance floor...

I met a lot of Caribbean and Sout American people here and if I'm rollin in Dallas, it's a stop I'll make just to see whatt's up!....

Smokin Kevan...