“I wont stay anywhere else” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Dallas - Vantage Point Dr.

Extended Stay America - Dallas - Vantage Point Dr.
Ranked #118 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
Metairie, Louisiana
“I wont stay anywhere else”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

Im in Dallas on average almost 2 weeks a month and I wont stay anywhere else. I usually always check in in the evening and the attendant (usually Bryan) is always very polite and greets me by name and with a smile. Very professional. As many times as I check in he will still go over everything as if it were my first time there. There have been a few instances that the lobby is bogged down and with one person working the wait gets a little annoying but he does what he can to get everyone taken care of making sure everyone is happy. The hotel is clean, no bugs or foul smells and the beds are firm and comfortable. The parking however is horrible. there are spots taken up by construction equipment, and with them always being booked solid there are never enough spaces for everyone. It is very quiet and not too many crying kids or cars hanging out playing loud music. This hotel is all around a winner for me as it is around the corner from my corp office, shopping is all over, the people here are friendly and the staff help make it feel like home away from home.

Room Tip: it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone so know that they DO charge a refundable deposit here so pl...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

This is an amazing place to stay and very professional. Everyone is very professional and helpful I would recommended this place to everyone. This was a quiet and relaxing place to stay and i felt comfortable and safe. I really felt at home Michelle and Bryan were awesome.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Determined10
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Vantage Point Dr., responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you for posting such a wonderful review of your stay with us. I’m glad we were able to be your “home away from home.” Again, thanks for your feedback. We look forward to providing you another comfortable stay the next time you’re in our area.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

I was there as a "secret shopper experience" so I went through every possible scenario that could possibly arise.....The staff was great in the beginning. John was the same through out my stay he was very courteous always and helpful. Michelle did her best to comply to my needs/request. Aziz, the general mgr, I'm assuming was very nice except I hear very rude to others that were on the property with me. And Bryan is a whole different story...he is rude obnoxious talks about the customers in front of other customers, discusses his personal life in detail ... lifestyle preferences/social life. He consistently made mistakes with monies owed overcharging/undercharging, charging my card twice..etc. He should not be in customer service at all he has no sense of professionalism. Room service....I had to call the front desk to ask when my cleaning day was after being there over a week, one day I cleaned myself changing sheets, vaccuuming, the whole nine yards after that still no service. The "grab n go" breakfast in the mornings was satisfactory however they advertise 6am-9:30am and the lady that sets up (ethiopian) is never done setting up by even by 6:15 I witnessed her in the car in the front entrance with her significant other several times making out/talking and she rushes in stating "I'm not ready you come back"...and lastly im pretty sure the room next to me was dealing some type of drugs it was constant traffice all hours of the night/day, suspicious characters standing around and constant smell of marijuana. I was even asked if I was the one selling "hydros" which is street for Vicodin. Wow. I would never stay at this facility and spend my own money as a true guest. Thank you but no thanks.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Rae1977934
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Vantage Point Dr., responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Rae - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I appreciate your feedback regarding our staff. Your comments will be very helpful as we strive to improve our guest experience. As well, we do not condone illegal activity, and your feedback will be taken very seriously as we address these issues.

I really appreciate you bringing these concerns to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dnp2@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

I found this one on Priceline, as a conference I was teaching at was coming to an end, and not booking the room in advance would cost me a great deal of more money. So I relocated to this place.
The room advertised as a suite, it had a kitchen area, a desk, etc., but was extremely compact and in my opinion rather below par. The bathroom needs renovation, I had to prop the curtains closed as they were damaged leaving passersby to look in my window, as there is a walkway past those Windows where patrons must pass to go to their rooms.
I was awakened one morning by some of the cleaning staff having extremely loud argument. The desk clerk who checked me in on the other hand, seems to speak quickly and in whispers, rather hard to understand. The housekeeping carts at times we left blocking access back to my room, often having to be pushed out of the way. The phone in the room did not work properly and even though I had reported this, with a red light flashing as if someone left me a voicemail from the time I entered the room, this was never addressed.
On the ground level to get back to the rooms, there were boxy pushcarts filled with dirty bed linens, a garbage dumpster, and a chair next to a freestanding ashtray.
The front desk people were rather friendly all things told, but I often wonder what I say in places like this, the people who own these places actually stay here from time to time to review what's going on, and what needs improvement at these properties? The people who own this place really should consider doing that, this place is in desperate need of upgrades, better cleaning, room inspections, towels and bed linens that are not at least five years old. The bed and couch were comfortable to use. To flush the toilet, multiple handle pushes were required, which embarrassed the visitor who came to meet me.

Room Tip: Check out your room before checking in, make sure everything is functioning properly.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank John C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

During my recent visit to the, (Extended Stay America - Dallas - North Park
9019 Vantage Point Road, Dallas, TX 75243) location, I was greeted by the front desk employees (John & Michelle) with the up most exceptional hospitality customer service. Michelle made me feel very comfortable and make my stay here a memorable one. this is definitely a place I would recommend to my family and friends looking for a place to stay in the Dallas area. Very impressed with the customer services of this motel location and in particular with Michelle.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Derreck B
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

The entire place smelled of smoke (I was even in a non-smoking room). In addition, the walls let every sound in from the surrounding rooms and street outside. As I was trying to sleep I wondered what I had gotten myself into: I heard a couple arguing loudly next door, another having sex above me and multiple sirens from outside. I felt like I was at a crack house and I didn't know how the reviews for this place could have been so wrong. I had stayed with Extended Stay previously in Austin and enjoyed that trip but this hotel's quality was severely lacking. It was almost sad because the staff was extremely friendly (Bryan at least), their clientele though, were unsavory characters. I will not be back. You can find a much better hotel for the same price or even cheaper elsewhere in the city.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Kejorrie
El Paso, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel through Priceline. Got it for super cheap and thought I got an incredible deal based on the pictures and after comparing rates for this area. I guess we got what we paid for:
Rooms smelled smokey and dirty and comforter had blood stains. Door lock was damaged and the smell in our colleagues room was so bad it aggravated her bronchitis! Upon requesting a change to a non-smoking room we were told that it wouldnt be possible "because we booked through Priceline." After pushing a little harder, Bryan said he would try but asked me to sign a paper stating that a room change would not be guaranteed. So basically he wanted me to sign off on him not doing anything about it. Nice.
I slept on the pullout couch bed and needed a sheet set from the front desk. I was given the "only clean set" available until morning but no such luck for a blanket.
We endured the night and looked forward to the free breakfast. The spread, besides coffee, consisted of about 8 granola bars, 6 apples, and several packets of instant oatmeal. Thats it! Not even one of those spinning cereal dispensers that other cheap hotels offer at breakfast!
Upon leaving in the morning, we saw a police car, firetruck, and animal control vehicle pull in. Found out later that animal control removed a pit bull from one of the rooms. Wow.
Overall we found it an frustrating visit. Staff showed no concern or hospitality and some of our colleagues felt unsafe and unclean. But it was like $30 a night so I guess we got what we paid for.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Jeremy K
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Vantage Point Dr., responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The situation you described regarding the smokey room and removal of a pet is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will take the extra steps to make sure a proper explanation on room availability and following up with our guest in any situation, so your experience is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dnp2@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
Candlewood Suites Dallas Park Central
#132 of 200 in Dallas
Super 8 Richardson Dallas
Super 8 Richardson Dallas
#15 of 17 in Richardson

Been to Extended Stay America - Dallas - Vantage Point Dr.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Dallas - Vantage Point Dr.

Property: Extended Stay America - Dallas - Vantage Point Dr.
Address: 9019 Vantage Point Drive, Dallas, TX 75243-3581 (Formerly Wellesley Inn & Suites)
Region: United States > Texas > Dallas
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #118 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Dallas - Vantage Point Dr. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK) and Extended Stay so you can book your Extended Stay America - Dallas - Vantage Point Dr. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Dallas