“Had no idea we had this in Dallas.”

Dallas Holocaust Museum
Ranked #24 of 248 things to do in Dallas
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Dallas Holocaust Museum/Center for Education and Tolerance offers a core exhibit that exposes three key events that occurred on "One Day During the Holocaust". A special travelling exhibit, video graphed eyewitness testimonies of survivors, and artifacts offer visitors a well-rounded understanding of this horrific part of world history. Visitors leave the Museum with answers to the question, how could this happen? Due to the somber topic and graphic historical photographs in the exhibits, the Museum is not recommended for children under the age of 10. However, parents should note that this Museum hosts more than 30,000 school children each year. The audio guided tour teaches the differences between bystander and Upstander behavior and the value of choices.
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

I was browsing Groupons and saw a deal for this museum which I had no idea we had in my area. I have always been fascinated by the history of the Holocaust... I was so excited to find this. It is a very small museum but very informative nonetheless. The self paced audio tour was great. I took my 12 year old son with me and he enjoyed it immensely and found it very informative as well. Really young children may be disturbed and/or confused by some of the pictures as some are graphic.

Rachel D, Public Relations Manager at Dallas Holocaust Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Hello! My name is Rachel, and I work at the Dallas Holocaust Museum/Center for Education and Tolerance. We wanted to thank you for your review. I am so glad that you found it an informative experience for you and your son.

I am happy to inform you that we have bought some land to expand the Museum and our exhibits. Hopefully you will be able to come back in a few years to a new and improved Museum! We also host many events that cover everything from history to tolerance, and often have speakers. If you would like to be kept informed of Museum events, just let us know!

Rachel

rdodd@DallasHolocaustMuseum.org | 214.741.7500

Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

I noted the high rating and listed this as a high priority for my visit.

Potential visitors should understand that this is a very small museum exhibiting a small select number of items although it is very informative.

Anyone expecting this to be a big museum with floors of various categories of exhibits will be disappointed.

Rachel D, Public Relations Manager at Dallas Holocaust Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Hello, my name is Rachel and I am in the Marketing Department at the Dallas Holocaust Museum. Thank you for your review, and your visit. We are pleased to announce that we have purchased property for a new (and larger) Museum. We are quite excited, as you might imagine. So if you find yourself passing through Dallas in a few years, we hope you'll come see us again!

All the best,
Rachel Dodd

Reviewed 28 July 2013

The museum is small but for 8.00 this is well worth it. We also were privileged to meet Mike Jacobs, a survivor of the holocaust. He signed his book for us and this will be a good read and expansion on our visit.

My name is Rachel, and I am an employee of the Dallas Holocaust Museum/Center for Education and Tolerance. Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so pleased that you had the opportunity to meet with Mike Jacobs.

Have a wonderful day,
Rachel Dodd

Reviewed 26 July 2013

I loved this because it was a good price and very informative. Everyone in our party learned something new from this museum. Even my youngest at age 11 was inthrawled by it. Everyone get's there own speaker unit thingy and you can go at your own pace. We spent about 1.5 hrs listening to all of the explanations and just walking around and looking at the photo graphs. It doesn't make you realize EXACTLY HOW BAD things were but it does try and give you a small understanding of what people went through in Natzi Germany.

Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

Well worth the price for 8 dollars per person. They tell a piece of the story in a well versed documented way. Audio is given to each person. You go at your own pace. It is told in "the day of". Well done.

Been to Dallas Holocaust Museum? Share your experiences!