“Great Airport Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Vancouver,BC
“Great Airport Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

Hard to believe this was a airport hotel. Had to book a last minute flight to Dallas for some meetings, and decided to burn up some points for a free stay here. Unfortunately, when I checked in there were not upgrades available, but I was still given a nice room on the top floor.
This hotel is right inside the DFW complex, which makes it convenient for getting to and from the airport. However, because of this, you have to keep driviing in and out of the dfw complex with toll tickets that have to be "put in the computer system" each time you exit. But, and here is the real shocker considering this is not only an airport hotel, but also inside the airport complex--PARKING IS FREE!! However, other than that, no big problem with the location.

Checkin was quick and friendly. Ashlyn at the front desk took the time to explain all fo the hotels features and made herself available for any problems and or needs. The rooms have all been relatively recetnly redone. So everything has a new and modern glaze/feel to it. New plush beds and bedding, big flat sceen, ipod dock and speakers, etc. The room certainly was comfortable, with not even the sound of jets taking off and landing making it inside to wake me up. However, from the outside, the hotel itself looks like it is from the 70s/80s. In fact, many of the details in the room remind you of this: the door to your room, the balcony, etc. You would think that if they spent that much money on redoing the hotel, they would look after the details.
The hotel also had overpriced (of course) room service and restaurants on site, and the quality was only so-so. There was a pool I didn't use, as well as a gym. There was a good amount of table space for working, and although i was given free wifi-it was hit and miss. The bathroom was nice, but for crying out loud, you need a door to the shower--the water sprays everywhere! My trip was short, but I did enjoy the hotel. Not a brilliant Hyatt by any means, but probably one of the best airport hotels I've very stayed in. If I was in the area, I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank averagejoe75
HyattDallasDFWPR, General Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this review, 1 August 2011
Thank you for sharing your positive feedback. Glad to know that you appreciated the free parking as a hotel guest. Your positive comments about the front desk service provided by Ashlyn have been shared with her supervisor. Thank you again for noting that you enjoyed the new and modern feel to the guest rooms. We look forward to your return.

Larry Daniels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2011

I want to say up front that I haven't been to this hotel since June of 2007, but it's important that I let everyone know how hospitable the staff was. You see, I was heading back to Iraq from 2 (much needed) weeks back in the US. I'm glad I chose this hotel. I knew it would be just the place for me to relax and be pampered for a few more days before I headed back to the dust and dirt. Hyatt Regency, you didn't fail me. I expected a quiet stay and that's what I got. Your bar staff was more than happy to make sure what I ordered was to my liking. The room was exceptional, and the bed was one of the most comfortable I had been in.
Maybe my opinion is a little biased; I have stayed in a few Hyatt Regencies before, so I knew what to expect, and you guys delivered. I just wanted you to know how much I enjoyed my stay. It made it that much easier to put my uniform and boots back on and head back to Iraq. KUDOS!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank wndrwmn71
Welcome back! Thank you very much for your kind feedback. We are happy to hear how pleased you were with our service and amenities. We, too, appreciate your service in Iraq. We look forward to your return.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2011

Life is full of surprises and our stay at this Hyatt was one of them: This is not your average airport hotel. Instead, service was top-notch, rooms were nice and clean, and everything about our stay was great. Check-in in particular was remarkably professional and personal.

A great property!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carsten W
Thank you very much for the extremely positive feedback about your recent stay. We are indeed not your typical airport hotel and appreciate very much that you found it to be the case as well. We look forward to your return visit.

NOTPROV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2011

I rarely write reviews. Usually, I will write a review if a hotel is terrible...I never write a review if the hotel is simply "good", but I will write a review if a hotel was "extremely good" or amazing. This hotel was one of the extremely good ones.

I was treated very well by the staff, including a nice room upgrade, which I've come to appreciate as a Hyatt Diamond member. Their service and hospitality were top notch. Check out and check in were very efficient, and the room was ready and available on arrival. The hotel is grand, especially for an airport hotel. The view of the runway from my room (and of the airport as a whole) was excellent, I enjoyed the balcony. I also liked the fact they had starbucks coffee in the room.

My one disappointment was with the breakfast. I was promised prior to arrival that a particular item would be made without a certain ingredient that I'm allergic to. At breakfast, I was told that it would not be possible. I appreciated the honesty, (and would much rather be told its not possible, then to have the item prepared with the ingredient I'm allergic to), but it was disappointing.

Overall however, a very good hotel. It is a good value for those who are flying into DFW. It is also a very good hotel for people simply driving to Dallas (as I did)....plus parking is free - a benefit I certainly appreciated.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Thank you very much for your 5-star feedback. We appreciate your positive comments about your check-in and checkout processes, complimentary parking as well as in-room amenities. We regret that you experienced disappointment in our breakfast service. Please do contact me personally next time you are in town and I will ensure that you are served exactly what was promised. I look forward to meeting you soon.

Blaine, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2011

Stayed for 2 nights on way into Dallas (late arrival) and on way out of Dallas (early morning departure). Rooms are confortable, modern and clean. Service is exceptional and you can't beat the location! Definitely recommend.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
HyattDallasDFWPR, General Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this review, 1 June 2011
Thank you for recommending Hyatt Regency DFW as a "Great Hotel!"
I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed our transformed, oversized guest rooms. It’s a pleasure to hear that you experienced our "exceptional" service and convenient location inside DFW International Airport. Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to your next visit to Hyatt Regency DFW.

Sincerely.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2011

Stayed here one night between flights, and was impressed. It is an older hotel but has had a very nice renovation recently. Rooms are large and modern.

Bed was comfy and quiet (always good at airport hotels).

My rate included breakfast, and I had the very complete buffet.

Quick friendly shuttle service is available to all terminals, but you can walk to C if you don't have bags.

One of the best airport hotels out there!

• Stayed May 2011
HyattDallasDFWPR, General Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this review, 12 May 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share this positive feedback and recognize Hyatt Regency DFW as "one of the best airport hotels out there!" It's such a compliment that you were impressed with the results of our recent hotel transformation, including our oversized guest rooms. I'm delighted that you experienced our friendly associates and quick shuttle service from the hotel directly to your terminal at DFW Airport. Please let us know when you are planning your next visit to Hyatt Regency DFW.

Sincerely.
Garland, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2011

This hotel is for those who enjoy flawless craftsmanship, esoteric pampering, and the finer things in life. My husband and I won this hotel on priceline and were traveling with our 5 month old son. At check-in we were offered a crib which we gladly accepted. Our room was filled with little extras that make your stay comfortable including: aroma therapy "ginger" bath accessories and even toothpaste. The crib was delivered almost immediately, along with a small bottle of shampoo for our baby. Each room has a small balcony; nice to open and receive the breeze or drink your coffee in the morning. The night we stayed the lightning was beautiful to watch. The king size bed was comfortable with down blankets and pillows. We ordered room service for breakfast; the locks & bagels with tomatoes & capers and cream for our in-room coffee. There is a $3.00 and 21% charge added. There was no microwave or fridge and internet was $10 for 24 hours. My only suggestion when staying here is to put your "privacy" card outside when you wake up in the morning. The maid knocked once and then immediately proceeded to enter the room. My husband was in his boxers and I was just out of the shower. Normally, a maid will knock and then listen for an answer but this one just came right in. The next morning we put our privacy card in the key hole and were not disturbed. All-in-all this was a relaxing stay. The pool was a tad on the cold side but the water was clean and there were plenty of towels. The dinner menu was quite high; around $40 average for one person so we didn't get to try that but maybe next time. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: A room closest to lobby b/c slow elevators.