“Convenient to Airport” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Birmingham, Alabama
“Convenient to Airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

The Hyatt Regency DFW is the most convenient hotel to DFW if you are not flying American. They have shuttles going to the terminals every 20 minutes and drop you off at the check in area of each one. The rooms are updated, clean and comfortable. There is a snack area open 24 hours for a pastry or soft drink, water, etc.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Wade29
Julia O, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Wade 29-

I love that Jett's is 24 hrs. with pastries, salads, breakfast items, Starbucks coffee, soda, beer, and other snacks. We also have in room dining that stays open until 12:30AM.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you upon your next stay.

Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Regency DFW.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Florence
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed here due to a 12 hour layover.... quick shuttle pickup and drop off... quick check in. Nice room, clean, clean, clean... ate food at the bar, few drinks and it was great. The MOST comfortable bed I have ever slept in. I would go back and yes, recommend to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sue R
Julia O, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
I'm sorry that you couldn't stay with us longer to enjoy the nice weather, and lounge pool side. You can always tweet us for anything you may need @Hyattdfwairport. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again upon your next stay in DFW.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

We've stayed in this hotel 4 times in the last 3 years and have had good experiences. It is convenient and we get an amazing deal on Priceline every time. Clean rooms and a good hot shower with good water pressure.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Ladybird04
I'm happy to hear that you are repeat customers! Please let us know if there is anything extra we can ever do for you via my personal email at julia.orourke@hyatt.com.
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency DFW 04/18/14 (Friday) before leaving to go on a trip. When we arrived, there was a huge group of kids/teenagers in the lobby of the hotel at 10:30pm that were being extremely loud. I was surprised that the hotel would allow this. When we checked in, I asked to be put into a room far away from that group. The lady at the check out acted like she didn't know what I was talking about even though it was quite obvious and other people were complaining as well. We got to our room and there was some noise in the halls, but we thought it would get better. We went to sleep fine, but literally starting at 1:30am a car alarm from the parking garage outside of our window kept going off. It would stop and then turn back on. I made a phone call to the front desk and was told it would be taken care of. Finally at 5am with no relief I walked down to the lobby, beyond frustrated and with zero sleep. The man that I spoke with was extremely rude and asked if I had complained prior, I told him I had and I said it was quite disturbing & at the same time was thinking someone was going around breaking into cars. All I was told was they would look into it. I cannot believe the customer service of the hotel and next will pay more to stay at the Grand Hyatt. I was very disappointed in our stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Julie C
Julia O, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Julie, I'm very sorry a car alarm went off while you were trying to rest, and you didn't not receive the customer service you should expect with our hotel. Do you remember the name of the person that gave you this lackluster customer service?

I would like to apologize on behalf of the entire Hyatt Regency DFW staff. This type of experience is not what we expect of our associates... If you are available to email me more details at julia.orourke@hyatt.com I will do my best to begin the recovery on this incident.
Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

I booked this room for an overnight connection at DFW. The location is super convenient - I literally walked across the parking garage and into the lobby of this hotel, about a 5-10 minute walk from the American Airlines terminal. You have to follow some signs and go up and down a few short staircases, so if you are arriving with luggage I would recommend waiting for the shuttle, but with just my overnight bag it was quicker and easier to walk (plus I had sat plenty on the plane). Check in was efficient, and the hotel lobby was hopping, even though it was about 10pm. The lobby had a snack bar, bar, and restaurant all open and busy. I went up to my room, which was both clean and spacious. The hotel had any amenity I could have wanted, and they provided a list of things you could request, noting whether it was complimentary, or if not how much it would cost. Apparently every room comes with a pair of men's and women's slippers for free, I never would have guessed. The bathrooms are well appointed with shampoo, conditioner, lotion, etc (and you could request more if you wanted it, but the travel-sized bottles were plenty big for one night). Unfortunately I wasn't here long enough to try the restaurants and was too tired to go to the bar, but I slept quite well and it was just another short walk back to the terminal to catch my morning flight.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sounds like a fabulous stay! I like that you called the bar "hopping" it really can be, I'm really excited to see what it is like this weekend! If you would like for your next stay you can always use our Hyatt Has It card to request anything you have forgotten and need for your travels. This way you can take the toothpaste with you for your next stop, and not be concerned that you forgot it at home!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

We had a layover and had contacted a few different hotels, but all were booked except Hyatt Regency DFW. The Hyatt also showed no rooms available so we had to start looking online and thankfully Priceline showed availability. I wasn't thrilled we had to pay over $200 for maybe 7 hours, but in the end it was worth it! Not to mention a cab would cost about $30 for less than 5 miles so if you're trying to save money and book a hotel that is around $100-$150 you still end at around the same price with the to and from cab rides. The service was incredible. We called the hotel once we picked up our baggage from baggage claim to ask where exactly they were and the sweet girl from the front desk sent us a shuttle. Not only that, but she was so cheerful and it was after midnight... it actually lightened my mood:) Not to mention it was so nice and convenient to wake up and take a quick shuttle back to the airport. Absolutely no complaints!

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Julia O, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
That was a fabulous review :)! I agree a free shuttle can make things SOOO much easier, than paying for cabs everywhere. Did you know that we also offer another shuttle to take our guests into Grapevine? Grapevine is just 5 minutes away and has shopping, Texas wineries etc....

Post on our Facebook, or feel free to email us, and we can get that set up for you upon your next stay. Hopefully, you'll get to stay longer than 7 hours!

Thanks for choosing Hyatt Regency DFW!
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

The only concern when we booked this was how difficult it would be to transfer from the terminal to the hotel. That was so easy. No need for concern.The shuttle was prompt and easy to use.

This is a first class operation. They know what a traveler needs and provide outstanding service. The room was large and very clean. $312 for the room - worth every penny.

The highlight was the meal at Jacob's Spring Grille. See the separate review.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I'm so happy to hear that it was easy for you to hop on the shuttle! I think it's always easiest to save the number of the hotel I'm staying at in my Passbook on my Iphone, or you can just save us to your contacts. Our number is 9724531234. Please don't hesitate to tell our staff what would make your stay wonderful!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
Grand Hyatt DFW
Home2 Suites by Hilton Irving / DFW Airport North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Irving - DFW Airport
The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS DFW Airport Suites

Been to Hyatt Regency DFW? Share your experiences!