“Fun location, nice hotel”
Review of Hyatt Regency DFW

Hyatt Regency DFW
Ranked #26 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Texas
“Fun location, nice hotel”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We got a wonderful rate off Hotwire for this hotel. Our room had a small balcony we could stand out and watch the planes which was great fun. The hotel was very nice, with two restaurants and a bar. We didn't eat there, but had a drink in the bar. Drink prices were a bit high but were really good and the food looked fantastic. The rooms were very nice, clean and fully equipped but did not have a microwave or fridge. Any needed toiletry that was not in the room could be requested from the front desk as well as robes at no cost. The beds were very comfortable and the room was extremely quite, in spite of the location. The staff was very friendly and happy to help. I'd say it was a good value because of the rate we got, but I'm not sure if I'd pay much more since there was a fee for wifi and breakfast was not included.

Room Tip: You can request to have a run way or Dallas view. Get as high up as you can.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Julia O, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
I'm glad you loved the drinks at Ace's, and perhaps next time you can try an appetizer! We do offer Free Wifi for guests that take a picture inside of our Hyatt Frame in the lobby, but we don't offer microwaves or fridges. This is different from our Hyatt Place or Hyatt House brands as we are considered full service. This means we have restaurants, and give our guests the opportunity to choose from a handful of different dining options. In addition, don't forget the Hyatt best rate guarantee... Thank you so much for your feedback, we are happy you chose to stay with us at Hyatt!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 9 June 2014

At the very beginning they want to offer you any upgrade available. If you don't want any of them, you will have to pay a fee anyway. For example, 9.99 for poor WIFI every day. Or if you get a package by mail, you will have to pay $10 for each. When I asked about, they never warned me about any fee. So looks like a fraud to me.
The worst, you have to reach house keeping or to front desk to get your cloths clean. To send them or to get them back. It's saaaaad.
The only good thing is the location. But surely I rather drive 3 minutes more.

Room Tip: In one side you have a highway in the other the planes. So...
Green Features: The don't allow you to waste paper on printing. THey charge you for minute on internet and for each print job.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Daniel T
Julia O, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Hello Daniel,

Thank you for reaching out to us so we can address some of your concerns.

Room upgrades are offered at a discount to guests that are just arriving on property, but if guests are happy with their current room then we are more than happy and there is never any fee. In addition, WIFI is offered Free to guests that send us a Tweet when they are in the lobby. I made a big poster by the guest services desk that explains it all. Let me know if you have any questions about it by tweeting us @hyattdfwairport. We do not simply offer free WIFI as internet does come as a cost to us, and none of our competitors within the area offer free WIFI either.

In addition, we do require guest to call us if they would like us to walk up to their room and fetch their laundry. However, we do automatically bring them back to the room... Did this not happen for you? Please let me know by responding to this... we want to make sure our guest's expectations are exceeded, and that you have a clear understanding of what we can provide for you in order to make that happen. Thank you for staying with us and I hope this helps!
Los Altos, California
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The Hyatt Regency DFW is one of the two Hyatts right at DFW. The other one is Grand Hyatt at Terminal D. Overall it's a good airport hotel itself. But guests at the Hyatt Regency DFW does not have some of the conveniences due to the fact that DFW is a bit different from other major airports.

First, unlike most airports where there are shops and restaurants outside the security checkpoints (compare to Hyatt Regency Orlando airport), all restaurants at DFW (at least Terminal C) are inside security. Therefore your meal options are limited to hotel restaurants.

Second, it takes forever to get to and from rental car center by shuttle buses, so I usually prefer taxi while staying at the Hyatt DFW. Alas, taking a taxi is penalized because DFW charges vehicles a fee to get in and out of the airport (I don't know if any other U.S. airports charge such fee. http://www.dfwairport.com/transport/taxis/index.php). 5 bucks to exit, 4 bucks to drip off.

Oh and it's a bit confusing trying to walk to the hotel. There are VERY FEW signs at Terminal C that points an arriving passenger to the Hyatt Regency. You'll have to walk through the parking garage which can be a bit dark at night. There are also stairs to climb up and down too.

My apology that this review is more about the airport and less about the hotel. But hey it's an "airport hotel" - we stay there more for its location and less for the hotel itself, don't we?

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
I'm very sorry you find DFW Airport confusing, and it is always changing with rapid expansion. However, as a hotel on airport property we do want to make sure our guests see our hotel as an oasis. We do heavily discourage guests from walking to the hotel, please use the complimentary shuttle :)!! We don't want our guests to have to carry their own luggage etc once they arrive for their stay. In addition, Enterprise does work with us on a rental car program. You can pickup and leave the car right at the hotel which might help you upon your next stay. If you need any assistance upon your next stay please don't hesitate to tweet us @hyattdfwairport.
Tennessee
Reviewed 2 June 2014

As part of one of my jobs I spend quite a significant amount of time bouncing around hotels. When I found myself heading to Dallas, I wanted convenience, a nice place to stay, and a decent price. As luck would have it, the convention I was on my way to attend just happened to be taking place in the Hyatt Regency. I could have saved a few bucks by heading into town, but that would have quickly been lost in car rental or taxi fees. So, I bellied up to the bar and put down the plastic for a room in the same hotel as the convention...something I try to avoid, due to the convention goers getting a little...worked up...in the evenings. This usually translates into a night of fitful sleep, but not at the Hyatt. The room I was given was spacious, comfortable, and blocked out all the noise I was dreading. The bathroom was incredible - like something out of a magazine, with a modern walk-in shower, lighting straight out of a New York penthouse, and plenty of room. The bed was super comfortable...something that goes a long way when you've been on your feet, shaking hands and whipping a pen, for the last 14 hours. Once I shut the door to the hallway, I didn't hear another sound until morning. I was comfortable, and it was great. The staff at the front desk was slammed both the day I arrived and the day I left. Still, they took the time to smile, make eye contact, and be warm in speaking. I know they were frazzled...who wouldn't be...but they held their professionalism, and held it well. And speaking of arriving and leaving - it's hard to beat a short walk through a parking garage to get to your hotel and then back to the terminal. One of the differences (notice I did NOT say downsides) was that WiFi was not included with the room. It was available for an additional charge - just not included for free. For me, I liked being disconnected for a couple of days. I still had my phone, but not being drawn into the blackhole of the internet for a little while was actually quite nice. Overall, Hyatt Regency DFW gets a big nod from this guy!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Julesiscools, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Well thank you so much... So many compliments and quite wonderful imagery was utilized in your editorial on us :)!!

If there is anything we can do for you during your stay please tweet us @hyattdfwairport.

In addition, I know you said that you enjoy being "unplugged", however, if you'd like free internet you can take a selfie in the lobby frame, and it earns you free internet!
Pinehurst, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Property is what you'd expect for a convention ctr/airport hotel. Proximity to DFW is the only reason to stay here. Rooms were comfortable & quiet. Food service totally acceptable. Shuttle to my gate was a rapid 45 seconds. Staff was VERY friendly & helpful..... They've been trained well. I'd certainly stay again when departing DFW early. Be sure to ck online for really reasonable rates!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Julesiscools, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
It seems as though you enjoyed your stay but stated that the only reason to stay with us is our convenient location. Is there something specific that you didn't enjoy?
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed 30 May 2014

No question the convenience of this property and value within the airport grounds make it an appealing option for travelers stuck or passing thru DFW. I checked in the night prior to a super early flight out and was very grateful for the location and timely trip to the gate.

It's a bit dated but solid for the business traveler. I still don't like how they charge for WiFi, its' free just everywhere on the planet. I'd go back but I always check the rates at the measurably more luxurious Grand Hyatt within the terminal.

Nice staff at the Regency.

Room Tip: Love the lemon/lime water they serve in the lobby...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
I'm glad that you feel the hotel is "solid" for business travelers. It's very groovy of you...However, what makes you feel that the hotel is dated? Appearances outside, or inside?

In addition, did you know that you can get FREE WIFI if you take a picture in the hotel's Hyatt frame and Tweet it to us? I hope you'll stay with us again!
Tennessee
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Have stayed in almost all of the best hotels in Dallas -- traveling there hundreds of times over the past few years. While our office is downtown - most of our clients are in north Dallas. Have found the Hyatt Regency DFW to be a welcome and convenient way to have a business dinner - then stay at the Hyatt for the early flight home or next destination. Have noticed the service has been raised and the attention to detail improved. Rooms more than comfortable. Amenities excellent - breakfast buffet excellent - and bus to your terminal a great service to facilitate early departures without the stress of getting to the airport on time. As a rule - Hyatt Regency a very dependable respite no matter the stress of travel -- I really like the increase in personal service, friendliness of staff, asking how they can help and if anything is required. There is also a Grant Hyatt at DFW - which I've also stayed at -- it is more expensive, newer, and in the newer terminal -- but for the price and recognizing that this hotel (Hyatt Regency) has to deal with stranded travelers, some small convention traffic and the likes of me - looking for proximity and ease in travel - with a high standard - then this is as good as it gets. No - I didn't notice noise from departures - and rested well knowing I was in a Hyatt

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Julesiscools, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Are you a well versed travel blogger!? This sounds sound eloquent and well written! Thank you so much for the all compliments. Now I'm going to go publish this on every social media site of ours. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to make your stay AMAZING. I hope that you signed up for Gold Passport and are raking in the points!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
Grand Hyatt DFW
#2 of 203 in Dallas
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,095 reviews
Hyatt Place DFW
#1 of 8 in Euless
Downtown Dallas
#22 of 203 in Dallas
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,605 reviews

Been to Hyatt Regency DFW? Share your experiences!