“Nice hotel close to the airport”
Review of Hyatt Regency DFW

Hyatt Regency DFW
Ranked #26 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Nice hotel close to the airport”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay here. It's very close to the airport. The hotel staff was very friendly and attentive. There are two restaurants on site that are affordable and convenient. The rooms were clean and nice. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014
Julia O, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Islandqueenb,

Thank you so much for choosing Hyatt Regency DFW. I hope we get to host you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed overnight at the DFW Hyatt because we had an early morning flight. We ate at Jacob's Spring and the food was delicious, and the waiter superb!. We have stayed at Hyatt Hotels in other parts of the world and believe it to be one of the absolute best hotels in the world!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Rolly,

Do you remember the waiter's name? Please tweet it to us @hyattdfwairport! Thank you for sharing your experience with us!
dallas, United States
Reviewed 12 July 2014

at first,was having trouble with roomkey. but friendly worker was help solve this problem. was no time given to me, feel sorry that not stay anymore. recommend it to my family and friends.overall satisfaction. l have a chance, i'll use and visit later ^^

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Julia O, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Youngshin,

I'm sorry that you had difficulty with the room key, but am happy to hear that you received prompt help. Did you have other issues that made your stay less enjoyable? Please let us know so that we can begin the process of correcting those matters. In addition, feel free to write in whatever language you feel at ease with, and we will translate at the hotel :)!

Thank you.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Hotel itself is fine and it is convenient to the terminal...connected by walkway to Terminal C or they'll transport you to/from other terminals. But for an airport hotel...there is no sensitivity to time. Dinner took about 90 minutes with little attention to refills. No service in the lounge...too crowded to get a waitress...so just walked away. And the night before I requested room service between 7-7:30am and it didnt show up until closer to 7:45. This hotel is 30-40 years old so they should know by now what staffing levels should be. But every single service seems to suffer due to insufficient staff...which ultimately is a bad management issue.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Julia O, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Jake,

Thank you for letting us know about your stay so we can take the needed steps to improve. I will make sure to bring this up with the appropriate managers, so we can better service our guests in the restaurants.

I would like to hear about the other categories that you didn't rate a 5 as well. I appreciate it!

Please feel free to tweet us @hyattdfwairport.
San Salvador, El Salvador
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed there for 6 nights. We were in the 8th level, I was surprised at the state of the furniture in the main hallways and the bedroom. A chair in our bedroom had ripped fabric and made me feel like I was staying in a cheap unclean place. It was clean when we arrived but I am certain that in all 7 days, no proper cleaning was made. We had room service one night, our room was supposedly clean but when we came back the following night, the dirty dishes were still on the table. I saw dirt in the back of the bathroom door on the second day, it was clearly visible all week. The staff at the restaurants and reception really made efforts and were very pleasant. I do not like towels hanging right above the toilet. I think that's the first sign of something that might look clean, but cannot be...
I chose this hotel based mainly on location and cleanliness, it was OK but I feel a bit disappointed. I re-use towels but no provision was made, no message or agreement for environmentally friendly practices, my towels were changed every day which I did not want but we were there for a convention so it was always a rush in the mornings.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Emma,

If you wouldn't mind emailing me so I can start looking at a remedy for this past experience my email is julia.orourke@hyatt.com. We do appreciate you staying with us, and I promise this isn't par for the course on the experience our guests experience here.

I will pass along the compliments to the associates in the restaurants and reception area.

Thank you for your time!

Julia
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a night when we had an early morning flight out of dfw. I've given 4 rather than 3 stars because the location was great, the bed was v comfy and the staff were helpful (in a bumbling way).

But for a Hyatt this isn't really good enough - the bathroom wasn't very clean and pur wake up call came at the wrong time! Plus, all I wanted after a long day of travel was a cup of tea but the coffee maker was filthy (someone else's old cold teabag - yuck!) I asked a staff member to help but no joy, so rang the front desk and 20 minutes later a staff member turned up with a broken one. After another 15 mins or so trying to get it going it was pretty late and I didn't want to make a third call, so no tea!

So yes, go, because it is what you need for a hotel close to terminals, but by no means were we impressed.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Julia O, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
I'm sorry that this situation occurred and it is not our usual Hyatt standards that we deliver. Please email me as soon as your are available at julia.orourke@hyatt.com because I would like to try and remedy your experience with us thus far, and invite you to stay with us again so that you may experience the exemplary levels of standard we exercise with out guests.
Bahamas
Reviewed 6 July 2014

So very convenient at the airport with great pick up service upon arrival. The front desk check-in and baggage station are great – first class all around. After the hassles of baggage, clearing customs etc. , all I wanted was a cold beer in the lobby bar. That turned into a bit of a hassle as I waited, and waited at the table, finally going up to the bar- anyway the beer was good. We had excellent service to get a car to our dinner reservation and then a very pleasant room on the quiet side of the hotel. Check out was easy, and as the shuttle was busy, the concierge took us by car to the terminal to catch our flight. Then the really great above and beyond service started. My wife realized she left her Kindle in the sheets and called back to the hotel. The concierge Christopher went to the room, found her glasses and Kindle and called us back. She went back through security to meet him at the curb of the terminal with both her kindle and a pair of glasses. Just above and beyond Christopher. If we’re over-night in Dallas again, we’ll stay here!

The only sour note- besides not getting a beer was that there were hairs in the shower and the trash had not been emptied. The debris from the previous occupant – including boarding pass- was in the can. I hope it was emptied after us!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Frank and Sandy,

I am happy to hear that you such an amazing customer service experience with Christopher! I will make sure to let him know about your compliments... If you remember what room you were in I would love to follow up on the comments about the room. Please feel free to email me at julia.orourke@hyatt.com.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
Grand Hyatt DFW
#2 of 203 in Dallas
Downtown Dallas
#21 of 203 in Dallas
Hyatt Place DFW
#1 of 8 in Euless

Been to Hyatt Regency DFW? Share your experiences!