“Great service and a great staff”
Review of Hyatt Regency DFW

Hyatt Regency DFW
Ranked #28 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The Hyatt Regency is a good alternative to the Grand Hyatt located inside the airport. The Hyatt Regency is a short 5-minute shuttle service away (free) and the transportation to and from the airport runs often and is very efficient. We stay here after traveling abroad to help get over jet lag before another flight home. This hotel always does the trick...great staff and friendly faces.

1  Thank Connie S
Julia O, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Connie,

Thank you so much for the kind words, and if you'd like to Tweet us before your next arrival with special requests please do. Our Twitter handle is @hyattdfwairport.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We had early flights from DFW and decided to stay at the Hyatt Regency DFW because it is at the airport. DFW is very confusing to navigate. Once we made it to the hotel, check in was smooth. Our room was clean. The concierge was helpful. He recommended restaurants in Grapevine. The shuttle was prompt and the drivers were very nice.

My husband left his iPod on the shuttle and didn't realize it until we had made it back home. I called the hotel, was transferred to security and spoke with Art. The shuttle driver had turned in my husband's iPod! Art got my information and shipped the iPod to me via FedEx (at my expense). I thought for sure the iPod was gone forever! It is good to know that honest people still exist!

If you have an early flight or want to be close to the airport give the Hyatt Regency DFW a try.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and I hope that you will come back to stay with us again soon. Please do utilize our directions page on the website: http://dfwairport.hyatt.com/en/hotel/our-hotel/transportation.html, you can also call the Guest Services desk at (972) 453-1234. It is always confusing to find your way around a new city and/or airport!

I'm very happy to hear that the transportation team, and Art were able to locate your husband's IPOD that is an expensive item to replace for certain! Plus who can live without their favorite tunes!?

Please let me know at julia.orourke@hyatt.com if you should need assistance upon your next stay with us.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was a short (in late and out early) stay. My chief objective was a quiet and comfortable room close to the airport, and this hotel delievered well on both. When in Dallas on business, I often stay here.

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your feedback! If there is anything we can do for you above and beyond please don't hesitate to let us know!

Julia O'Rourke

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Recently stayed at this property to be able to catch a very early flight out of DFW the next morning. Booked online (and rejoined their rewards group) and was offered an oppty to upgrade to their premium room for a lower than normal rate if avail at check in.
At checked in was NOT asked about the upgrade, inquired myself and was told that the room put aside for me already was an upgrade.
Checked into room went to my dinner meeting. When I returned quite a bit later, took a good look at the room.
If anything it was a very standard room, nothing upgraded about it. It didn't even have a comfortable chair to sit in (not including the desk). My understanding was the room should have had a small couch or very comfortable chair and ottoman along with a mini frig. It had NONE. The room was even missing the television station guide...a simple thing... but when you are in an unfamiliar city, that can helpful.

I was tired but decided I should at least inquire with front desk manager if this was an upgrade.
It took several pass along calls to get to a manager who indeed said I was NOT in an upgraded room. The manager told me she didn't understand why the room was missing furniture normally in a basic room, but she offered to do nothing about anything. I insisted my premium charge be taken off my bill ASAP, which she said she would do. Other than that she was only concerned about talking to front staff about my check in and housekeeping about why there was no chair/ottoman or couch.
NO effort to address my concerns then and there about my guest experience. I even said I think there should be a reduction in room cost given this specific room is not even a basic one. She made no effort to address this issue.

I contacted Hyatt corporate upon my return home was offered a few frequent guest points...not of immediate interest but nothing more.

I will NOT use this hotel again and advise others to be wary. The hotel was quite empty for a Friday night and the poor level of service and interest in me as a guest says AVOID this place as there are plenty of cheaper airport hotels at DFW.

Room Tip: Make sure you check your room choice before committing to it. They give out substandard rooms withou...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Julia O, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

I am sorry that you didn't have the experience you expected, but we would like to make this right. Please email our General Manager at tim.dant@hyatt.com. He is ready and excited to help all of our future, past, and present guests.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Loved this hotel! It was clean, friendly and more reasonable than the one across the terminal. Used the three day Parking! Had Starbucks in Lobby that was open 24/7! Loved that. Shuttled us to our gate. Was perfect! Only negative was had to pay extra $3.00 to get out of terminal, but don't think that was hotels fault!

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Phyllia, it sounds like your stay here was pretty much flawless... I am sorry that you had to pay $3.00 to get out of the toll booth. The hotel does validate the Toll ticket that our guests pull when entering the airport, so that when you are leaving the airport property you hand them your validated ticket and are not charged! Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The location and ease to airport were great and so were the rooms. I ran into a problem with my rental car drop at the hotel with the staff not knowing the policy. I was told one thing over the phone and had to make my own plans to get the car picked up at the parking garage.

Hello David,

The policy does differ by the rental car company that you choose to utilize. Please feel free to email us, or call before your stay and we will help you iron out the details. Do you remember who you spoke with that was unfamiliar with the policy? Guest Services is very familiar with these happenings and should have been able to assist with that issue. Please feel free to post on our Facebook with the details https://www.facebook.com/HyattRegencyDFW?ref=hl.

Thank you for your Feedback David!

Julia

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was my first trip to Texas and it couldn't have been any better. The hotel and rooms were very clean. The cleaning staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. In fact, the entire staff was extremely friendly. The hotel has very good food and offers a large selection of food choices. I truly enjoyed my stay at the Hyatt Regency.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Stacy! Thank you for the all around 5 star rating :)! That definitely makes our heart swell. I will be sure to pass along the positive words of encouragement!