“Fair”

Carefree Inn Dallas
Carefree Inn Dallas
Ranked #179 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

affordable price, quiet area. Visit at least once every 2 months. Alot of restaurants around so that's plus. You have Jack in box, wing stop, subway, burger king, little ceasar's and a tasty donut shop.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 February 2013

Room was bare with box springs and matress on the floor. Cable barely worked. We checked in at around 1am. I asked if we could check out at 12 instead of 11 since we got in so late and they said no problem. The front desk guy even wrote it on my check in paper. At around 10:45 housekeeping was at the door telling us to get out. Very poor value also. Just one of the few options in the immediate area. Stay away.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tito q
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Not in the best neighborhood. No services within the area. Close to the Dallas Zoo. I waited 15-20 minutes for the "grandmother" deskclerk to come to ck us in. room hot and stuffy. roach/insect in the bathroom.
Cardkeys would not work effectively. the clerk did not offer another room with a working cardkey and told me I just need to work the card correctly I decided to take my kids and I to another hotel. She wanted to w/o hold any refund as "the room was already used" by us!!!!???? REALLY??? I just stood there in silence. She then reluctently gave me my money back.
We headed south to De Soto stayed at the Days Inn for the same $$ and had a four star stay.
The Name brand hotels will save you the headache!!! buyer beware!!! never again

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2009

I selected this motel because it was only a mile away from my in-laws' house in what my wife would call the "hood" part of Dallas. (Her family is African American and lives there.) After I'd made the reservation, her nephew drove by and said, "I wouldn't stay there." Apparently it's not far from the projects. Well, the neighborhood wasn't bad--we certainly didn't feel in danger at any point, and we had our young son along--but the motel itself was unprepossessing. The room was large and clean, but had no towels. (They were quickly provided when we asked.) The TV worked, but not terribly well. There was a hair dryer but no coffee machine. The refrigerator and microwave worked well. The "breakfast from 7-10" promised by a sign in the tiny check-in area turned out to be a pot of coffee, powdered creamer, and one lonely pastry for takeout from the aforementioned check-in area. Parking was quite safe, since the entire courtyard was enclosed with just one drive-in and drive-out lane that passed by the office.

There's a great health-food supermarket, curiously, only a two-minute walk away. Easy access to the highway. This place was certainly overpriced for what it delivered (at the $86, including tax, that I paid). I believe it was rated at two-stars, but it is simply a budget one-star motel: a passable accommodation (I've been in worse), but not a great value. As for the talk about "romantic boutique" and the like--I didn't see that.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 25 June 2007

We stayed at the CareFree Inn and Suites and loved it. The property is new with Junior Suites and Jaccuzzi Suites. It was my Birthday and my Husband suprised me with a night on the town. The hotel was intimate and a private getaway for us, after we did in the town in Dallas West End. The room was large squicky clean and had marble baths. The towels were large and fluffy and they also had pillow top beds already turned down for us when we entered our suite. We when we asked for a late check-out Dimple at the Front Desk said there was no charge and some how he new it was my Birthday. Lordy lordy now I Forty!

MTM

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)