“Amazing! I will come back over and over!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of W Dallas Victory Hotel

W Dallas Victory Hotel
Ranked #52 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
Dallas, Texas
“Amazing! I will come back over and over!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

I LOVE the W hotel. All of the staff are so professional, and kind! I had everything I needed. It felt like I never had to lift a finger. The best part? the WET DECK! It is so peaceful up there! I've never seen such a beautiful pool on the roof top of a building. They also have the Luminous Envy Tanning Float free to their guests to use! There is also this spa on the 16th floor called bliss that will blow your mind! Amazing Amazing Amazing! I live in Dallas, but I will come to this hotel for a mini vacation over and over!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

1. Location - good, next to the AA arena, if you want to walk to downtown, its abt 15 min. Easy drive to and from the expressway, easy to find.
2. Parking - valet, $24, reasonable.
3. Front desk - extremely personable, very efficient. Made reservations in the spa at check-in, gave a couple bottles of water, followed up with a call to make sure that the room was acceptable.
4. Room - spacious, comfortable. Love seat by the window was a nice touch. Bed very comfortable as well. The only issue was the shower. It is half enclosed, and does tend to spill to the floor around, but it was not that big of a deal. I could not get it to be normal warm temperature, it was either too hot or too cold.
5. Swimming pool - on the 16th floor, with bar service, lounge chairs... Amazing for relaxation, not crowded at all in three days that I spent there. Mojitos that the bartender made were pure alcohol! Views as good as it gets in Dallas (there is not much of a view anywhere there).
6. The bar on the 33rd floor - good drinks, very good service, has an outside area with good views and a cool breeze. Dedicated elevator from the lobby.

Overall, definitely a hotel I would stay at again in Dallas.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

From the moment I pulled up on the front drive to the moment I left- the hotel and service were FIVE STAR! The bellman even offered to drive me to a nearby restaurant in his own car! as the weather was very warm outside. The room was clean, the lobby lounge service was flawless, the room service was piping hot! EVERYTHING was PERFECT! And trust me, I am a very! very! very! pickey traveler!!!!!!!! I will be back and often! The W Dallas Victory Hotel was AMAZING!

Room Tip: Downtown View
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2011

I'm a business traveller that spends over 200 nights in hotels a year so keep that in mind when reading my reviews.

THE GOOD
I'm actually very surprised about the bad reviews people give about this property. I've been staying here since it opened and usually have not had any problems and the staff has always been friendly. I've stayed at W Hotels all around the world and they are all generally modern and usually attracts a certain scene so people should know what to expect when staying here. Beds are standard W softness, the showers have a strong consistent flow, the pool is exceptional, and the overall finish of the hotel is W quality. My favorite part about this hotel though is the gym. Perfect for business travelers who want to get a decent workout without having to sign up for a gym nearby. Room service is delicious, but also some good dining nearby.

THE BAD
My reservation got bumped recently because of overbooking from the NBA finals. I was obviously not happy about this and called the Director of Revenue Management and really gave it to him. To his credit he took it professionally and apologized which was all I was looking for. They rebooked me at another nearby Starwood hotel and gave me 20K points, and then upgraded me to their nicest suite the next time round.

THE UGLY
None.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2011

I stayed at The W in Dallas and had the worst experience I've ever had at a hotel; not to mention a "high-end" one.

First off, I booked the fabulous room specifically for the balcony and per the photos on the website I was under the impression the balcony was going to be furnished. The rooms on each side of me had outdoor furniture, but mine didn't.

Second, I was told guest could only bring one outside guest to the pool (see email below). Therefore, I had to completely rearrange the plans for the bachelorette party I was hosting. While we were at the pool we met another bachelorette party of 25 girls- only 4 were staying at the hotel.

Thank you for reaching out to us with your request! a hotel guest is allowed one additional guest to go to Wet (pool)

Warmest,
Nina

Third, after we left the Ghost Bar my friends and I headed back up to the room only to be stopped by "security" and were told only the people staying the room could go up to the room- even though my friends had bags and other items to grab before heading home. So I had to go up and down with each person so they could collect their items; completely unnecessary and inconvenient.

Lastly, we took the Acura car service from the hotel to the restaurant and before the last girl could get fully into the car THE DRIVER STARTED DRIVING OFF. The girl, halfway in and halfway out, had to scream to tell him to stop.

Save yourself time and money and stay at a different hotel

Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
7 Thank Amy_Jannise
Norman, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2011

I have stayed in many 5 stars including Ritz-Carltons, Four Seasons, St. Regis, and others and have never had better attention and treatment than here at W Victory. Amanda and the front desk crew were above and beyond with personal and specialized treatment during my stay at a very busy time during the NBA playoffs. The valet when I pulled up, the bellman, the bartender, waitress, all were exceptional. Most referred to me by name and were the most professional I have ever witnessed.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2011

I travel internationally for business/pleasure, and this W does not live up to the W standard I'm accustomed to. The room service is sub-par, the pool deck doesn't get sun (not that you'd want to see most Dallas people in swimwear), smoke permeates the entrance, and the staff will attempt to rip you off. I booked a sedan through the concierge - to drop me off at a wedding, and they ended up charging me for 5 hours. Stay elsewhere, or skip Dallas altogether.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends