“Wonderful!”

Ranked #52 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

I stayed at the W Dallas for just one night. Being from South Florida - this hotel was like being on South Beach. Its trendy, modern comfortable furniture and can't beat the location (right across from the Arena). Karina at the front desk checked us in and also dealt with Renae at the Front Desk. Both outstanding team members at the W. We did not dine here; but whether it was the housekeeping staff in the hallway or the concierge, we were always greeted throughout the property. The valet was amazing too and quick. The beds were super comfy as well. Will definitely be back here and recommend to anyone who is a W fan! They nailed it!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
GMDarrylJett, General Manager at W Dallas Victory Hotel, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Hi Traveler,

Thank you for your review of W Dallas. I am so glad our team was helpful and memorable during your most recent stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Darryl Jett, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Hotel decor very cool and hip, restaurant was good, staff was accommodating, business services were adequate. Only thing I'd say on a slightly negative note is a few of our group were having to double up on rooms and the shower had a clear glass partician, which made privacy an issue for them. Probably not the right hotel if your group is required to share rooms.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
GMDarrylJett, General Manager at W Dallas Victory Hotel, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Hi traveler,

Thanks for a great review of your most recent stay at W Dallas - Victory Hotel. I am happy to hear you and your group enjoyed the fun W culture.

I do understand your concern about sharing the room with co-workers. Most W hotels do have an open-concept bathroom, allowing you to closet the separation curtain from the room to the bathroom. I'm sorry this was a bit of an inconvenience; hopefully next time your group is here, we can offer you rooms all to yourself.

Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback.

work
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Stayed here in August and I was not impressed. Asked for a coffee pot for the room at 8:00 pm and they woke me up at 11:30 pm knocking on my door with the coffee pot. The room is poorly designed and way to expensive for what you get. I'm not staying again at this W.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank wrightbrothers
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the coffee pot mix-up and apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused. I can assure you the response time is not typical for our hotel, and hope we can redeem ourselves during your next stay.

Please reach out to me with regards to how we can earn you back as a loyal W Dallas guest. It's very important every experience is positively memorable gmdarryl.jett@whotels.com.

Kindest Regards,
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

My boyfriend and I wanted to have a weekend getaway and chose to spend it at the W Dallas. Best decision we could have made! Special thanks to Nina for helping us set everything up and for sending us a fantastic amenity. We had a spectacular welcome from Angelina when we arrived, and also enjoyed chatting with Susan. The room was clean, the valet was quick and pleasant. All in all the service and property were great. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

everyone at the hotel is very friendly. beautiful rooms and great resturant. always fresh flowers in the lobby. loved the pillow on the bed and the bathroom toiletiries are great. will definatly stay here again. It is a bit pricey but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
GMDarrylJett, General Manager at W Dallas Victory Hotel, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Hello Tina C.,

Thanks for writing such a nice review of W Dallas - Victory during your most recent stay. We stand by customers service and making each guest experience memorable, and it thrills me to hear we met your expectations. We look forward to seeing you very soon.

Cheers,
Flower Mound, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Wow, we had a great stay at the W for our 2 year wedding anniversary. At check in they upgraded us to a much nicer room than we asked for (even with the special concert going on across the street and tons of people staying). Great view and awesome room! They left us a nice card wishing us a happy anniversary and a very solid half bottle of champagne with fruit filled flutes to mark the occasion. Definitely appreciate little touches like this. Ate dinner and breakfast at Cook Hall and thoroughly enjoyed both (duck tacos!)! We had tickets to the concert at the AAC across the street so it was so convient to not have to join the car traffic at the end of the concert. just a short walk to the hotel! We will definitely be returning to the W for future concerts, events, and celebrations! Thank you for a great, relaxing stay!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
GMDarrylJett, General Manager at W Dallas Victory Hotel, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Hi Condryr35,

Congratulations on 2 years, and thanks for the great review! Busy or not our guests are important to us and your celebrations are our celebrations, so I'm glad we could make your getaway memorable.

We look forward to your next celebration... birthday, job promotion, or just because. We've always got a room for you!

Congrats,
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel is across the way from one of our offices so my review is coming from a business traveller perspective. Each time I stay, I am greeted with such friendly staff; they say hello, open doors, smile, and are sincere. This is important because there are some W's that try to too hard to be trendy that they can seem snotty. Not here. The bar downstairs can be loud and have a club like atmosphere. For a solo diner, it's not ideal, but the bar staff treat me very kindly and always make sure I am doing fine. There are a variety of restaurants, both nice and casual, within walking distance. You can stay for a week and not have the same dinner twice. The rooms are typical W rooms. The only feedback to give is for the follow through on the green option. Even though I made it clear that I don't need my room to be cleaned during my 3 day stay, they cleaned it each day. It's not too big of a deal, but what is the point? I plan to continue to stay here each time I come to Dallas.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Hello Ovenbird,

Thanks for your kind words. We loving hearing from our happy guests and know we're providing what our travelers seek in a luxury hotel. I'm thrilled you love our funky, but friendly vibe!

Thanks for taking part in our Make A Green Choice program; going green and conserving energy and water is important to us. I will look into your room still being styled to ensure consistency across the board. Thanks for the heads-up.

We look forward to having you back for business or pleasure. Let us know when you'll be in the Big D again!

Cheers,