“Best W yet”

W Dallas Victory Hotel
Ranked #46 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I think I have stayed at 7 W properties over the past 2 years, and this was certainly the best. My Suite upgrade went through and the room was amazing. This hotel is right next to the American Airlines Center so we ended up going over to catch a game. The pool and fitness center looked are on the 17th floor and had amazing views. It was winter when we went, but I imagine using the pool in the summer would be great.

Self parking is just $10 across the street. Only downfall is the limited number of restaurants within walking distance.

Looking forward to staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
GMDarrylJett, General Manager at W Dallas Victory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Hello,

Thank you so much for taking time to tell us about your stay. It's great to hear you had a great experience; your kind words have been shared with our W Dallas talent. You must come visit this summer. The WET Deck parties are definitely something to add to your warm weather to do list!

Thanks again,

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I travel to Dallas quite a bit for business and the hotel where my conference was being held was fully booked, so decided to try this one out. Definitely is my favorite Starwood property in Dallas (though still partial to the Rosewood Crescent) and was able to check out a Mavs game across the street. Location is also not far from uptown bars if that is your scene.

Staff is helpful, rooms are clean and modern/updated and had no complaints at all. Lobby does get kind of crazy with an adjacent hotel bar and restaurant; I liked this as I hate getting back at night with nothing to do except retreat to my room, though some might not.

No free internet in the rate like many hotels in this class, so won't hold it against them.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
GMDarrylJett, General Manager at W Dallas Victory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Hi Chris W.,

It truly is music to our ears to hear you say W Dallas is "your favorite Starwood property in Dallas". We'd love to know what we could do to be your favorite, overall Dallas property!

W Dallas is all about fun. We always say, our job is fun, but our guest should have more fun, so we make sure there's plenty to do while you're here.

We look forward to becoming your absolute favorite hotel in Dallas. See you soon!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Stayed at the W while in town visiting clients. Check-in was an excellent experience. I forgot to use my Starwood number when reserving the room and forgot to ask to have it applied. The lady at check-in though asked me if I was a member and looked up my account for me. She was very friendly and made a great first impression for the hotel.
The room itself was modern, spacious, and clean. The bathroom was modern with a great shower and as usual, the beds at the W are top notch. We got back late that night hungry and the restaurant was closed. We did stop by the bar, but after a few minutes waiting for service, we ended up going across the street for a bite to eat and a beer. Outside of that, everything here was great. Loved the location.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Akpz07

Hi Akpz07,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent business trip to Dallas. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your experience and your interaction with our talent members was memorable. Don't forget, next time you're here, In Room Dining is 24-7, we can make you anything you're craving late night, and all day!

Thank you for your loyalty to Starwood, and we look forward to keeping you as a loyal W Dallas guest.

Come back soon,

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Extremely happy with the service at the W Dallas! W. Dallas had balloons, cupcakes, pop rocks and cans of root beer waiting for my daughter and niece when we went up to our room! The girls felt like rock stars with our view from the 14th floor as well. The meal at Cook Hall was incredible! I look forward to staying at W Dallas again if I am ever in town! I will tell everyone about our stay and to use W Dallas in the future!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
GMDarrylJett, General Manager at W Dallas Victory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Hi Shariffa,

Thanks for such an amazing review. I am thrilled we made your daughter's birthday memorable. Every guest is a "rock star" , and should be treated that way. We look forward to seeing you again next year for her birthday. Let's make it a tradition!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I had a prepaid room for two nights reserved 6 months in advance. I drove up from Austin to see a concert with my girlfriends and arrived to check in. The manager, Jason [--] , repeatedly told me my "credit card had been denied, why would my credit card be denied, of course I can't have the last room available, I never paid for it" and on and on in the front lobby. My credit card company assured me and my statement proves I paid the full amount in advance. I never got to use my room, I was treated with utter disrespect by Jason [--] as well as lied to. It's a beautiful hotel, in a great spot, but you may or may not get to enjoy it. We ended up staying at the Sheraton on Olive for 150$ less for only a 13$ cab ride to United Airlines arena for our concert.
When you prepay for a room and you don't get to cancel it or change it no matter what, why should they be able to turn you away? Apparently they oversell the rooms and keep your money

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kristi M
Reviewed 21 November 2013

From being told that my pre-booked, reserved and paid-for room had been sold, to door staff who don't know where in the neighbourgood to get a cup of coffee, to wait staff in the restaurant who are way too keen to upsell a bottle of win ("I can make you a deal on this one!") to a simply lousy double espresso, this version of the W chain consistently and repeatedly failed to meet even the basic standards expected of a functional business hotel. I've stayed in many Ws around the world and most manage (just) to navigate the functional vs. stylish axis reasonably well. This one, however, does not. In any way. Sorry.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
GMDarrylJett, General Manager at W Dallas Victory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

David T.,

Thank you for your feedback. I am disappointed to hear your stay was not up to par. This is certainly not standard, and we appreciate the opportunity to follow-up on this. I'd like to discuss your experience with you, personally. Please reach out to me directly, gmdarryl.jett@whotels.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Very stylish and sophisticated upscale hotel! The Staff Members from Valet to Management are all extremely professional and customer service oriented. Great bar and restaurant with lots of energy and the feel of a classy environment. The rooms are great and offer a very stylish theme to downtown Dallas, TX. Definitely recommend, especially if you are attending an event at American Airlines Center...just a walk across the street and no fuss with traffic and parking!

Room Tip: Higher the floor better view of Downtown Dallas!