“Chic Dallas Hotel”

Ranked #52 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
Annapolis, Maryland
“Chic Dallas Hotel”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

The hotel is located directly across the street from the American Airlines arena. The area is hopping when there is a basketball game or other event held in the arena. The layout of the hotel room is very modern. My room seemed pretty large in comparison to other W's I've stayed. I worked downtown Dallas and was about a mile walk from my working location. The staff at the front desk was friendly and were able to call me taxis for when I needed to head to the airport and other locations around the city. If you're there and want a low-key venue to have dinner, I recommend Katy Trail Ice House - it's a short taxi drive away from the W Victory Lane.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
GMDarrylJett, General Manager at W Dallas Victory Hotel, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Hello NYHokie,

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. We agree, you really can't beat our location, so we are happy to hear you enjoyed it!

Please come back soon, and be sure to get with our concierges; they can give you so many great dining destinations goldmines , you'd never find on your own. We're all about giving you that Dallas insider experience.

Darryl Jett, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Stayed here for a celebratory weekend. First room was too close to the elevator, but bellman brought several keys so I could choose a different location. The rooms are very modern and stylish with excellent shower designs. Concierge arranged dinner in the hotel on very short notice and Mavericks game tickets at a reasonable price. I would definitely return to this property.

Room Tip: It doesn't really matter which room you get because if you're not satisfied, the staff will...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Sharron H,

Service is what luxury hotels should be all about, which is why I am ecstatic to hear you had great experiences interacting with our talent and enjoyed your newly renovated room. It sounds like you truly experienced the vast capabilities of what we stand for, from room satisfaction to getting the full insider experience.

We look forward to treating you like royalty again very soon. Be sure to check out our extensive VIP Suite packages next time you're planning a trip to Dallas. We're taking luxury to a whole new level with our suites.

Macon, Georgia
Reviewed 1 March 2014

So this was my first visit to the W Dallas Victory and the experience was great! Staff were attentive and the rooms were very comfortable. While in general I don't normally choose to stay at W's as I dislike their trendy vibe this property exceeded my expectations. Bed was a tad too soft for my taste but I slept well and enjoyed the rain shower head immensely!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
GMDarrylJett, General Manager at W Dallas Victory Hotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Hello Amex Traveler,

Thank you so much for taking a brief moment to write a review. It thrills us to hear your expectations were exceeded and you thoroughly enjoyed your stay.

We hope to be your first choice next time you're in Dallas.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I should preface my review by saying that the W imprint of the Starwood brand is very much not my bag, but even given that my stay was less than satisfactory. I stayed here one night for work. I checked in around 3:45; my room was ready although there was no Starwood Gold upgrade available as the property was completely booked due to a cheerleading competition and Mavs game. My room was a Fantastic Suite, decorated in the usual W style: chairs with hooves for feet, metallic wallpaper, tiara princess throw pillows, etc. There were issues with the room's basic amenities -- the phone's various direct lines to housekeeping, in-room dining, etc. did not work. The fancy plugorama box did not include a lightning cable connector even though the iPhone 5 has been out for a year and a half. The bed was a far cry from the Westin Heavenly Beds -- the mattress was hard and the sheets fairly rough. The oomph-oomph-oomph clientele typical to the W were out in full effect -- when I came back from an event at half past midnight and was walking to my room the door to the room next to mine and two bros clutching beers literally spilled out onto the hallway. Yuck. At checkout my breakfast credit that came with the rate was not applied to my bill until I pointed it out. Again, I realize I am not the target audience for this hotel brand but given the money spent it was an unsatisfactory stay regardless.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Hello,

First, we would like to thank you for your honest review. We can only improve on what we know needs improving.

We truly appreciate your loyalty to Starwood and acknowledge what being a Gold SPG member means. Unfortunately, we cannot upgrade you every time you stay, due to our hotel being sold-out, but we do guarantee triple Starpoints for every $1 spent, 4 PM late check-out, and your choice of a welcome gift with each stay.

I see there were a few obstacles you encountered during your stay, and we do understand a smooth operation, while traveling is imperative; please accept our apologies for any service disruption.

We do value you as a W Dallas guest and SPG member, so please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly, so we can make things right for you, gmdarryl.jett@whotels.com.

Kindest regards,
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

These guys define the world of wow. (Full disclosure: I'm a bartender at the W in Austin TX) 3 people to know: Dallas, bartender here, Joe, concierge, and Frank, the W insider. These guys are amazing. I've been here for about 3 hours and they exceed high expectations. I was secretly hoping to find differences that would make "my" hotel better than this location. I can't. NAILED IT here. If you need to know anything, talk to joe. Go to the bar and ask Dallas about a few of the cocktails he created. Try one, you'll have 3 I promise. If you want to know this city, as if you built this city, talk to frank. He knows this city inside and out, and immediately made a connection with me on food and tattoos. Seconds after I entered my room he knocked on the door, gave me some goodies (I.E. headphones that match my iPhone 5c) a few drink tickets, and a personalized card with more details. The guys in the office really knew what they were doing when they asked him to be an insider. I can go on. But won't. You want the best hotel in Dallas? you come here.

They just make you feel like you belong, and that's what's most important to me. Thank you guys so much for everything so far!!!!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Hello,

Thanks for the great review. It seems quite a few talent members made an impact on your stay. We are thrilled you chose W Dallas for your get-away in the Big D! Thank your for your kind words and shout outs to our talent members.

See you again soon,

Reviewed 27 February 2014

My sweetie surprised me with a "staycation" at The W Dallas for Valentine's Day! We love The W as a get away from our hectic work schedule. We booked a beautiful suite and I called ahead to be sure someone would be able to help me decorate the room! I spoke with the concierge Gee and he told me he would be happy to help me! Well let me just say Gee was awesome!! He helped me make the room look even more BEAUTIFUL & AMAZING than it already was! My boyfriend was beyond surprised and loved the set up! We enjoyed every second of our time at the hotel and cant wait for our next "staycation!"

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Yonkers, New York
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I feel like the fancier the hotel, the less you get. I was very very sick on this trip and they don’t sell cough medicine or have a little shop for those types of toiletries etc. 3AM coughing all night I should have re-thought the hotel going out and picking some up for me. It would probably be about $40… I was here on business so I don’t spend a great deal of time in the room. Nice, clean room with nice décor. One complaint the glass half doors that these new showers have. Invest in a full door….it’s cold when you move forward to get a towel or move away from the water in general. Loved the shampoo, conditioner and face wash. I must have taken 3 or 4 bottles home.

The restaurant inside the hotel was ok. We had breakfast every morning. Service wasn’t great. The bar on the right side when you walk into the hotel was great. Very big area, a lot of seating and drinks were pretty good. I used the space waiting from my car to the airport. I wasn’t disturbed and they have power outlets along the bench area. Great views of downtown Dallas…one question…is Dallas deserted? I feel like I didn’t see any people or any stores. A couple of hidden restaurants that we went to for lunch. Nothing really to see or do in walking distance. The hotel couldn’t recommend some good BBQ which was super disappointing. The best tips for places to go were from our driver to the airport!

Roof top space is amazing. We had our dinner reception. Not enough food of course but that may be the company I work for and not the hotel. Great views and a really great setup.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business