“Awesome 4th of July”

W Dallas Victory Hotel
Ranked #51 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
“Awesome 4th of July”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Headed to Dallas for the Fourth of July weekend not knowing what to expect. The team at the W Hotel Dallas Victory made our stay perfect. They suggested great things to do in the area, and took care of everything at the hotel. The team goes out of their way to "WOW" you with little surprises. They are incredibly friendly. Everything was amazing!

• Stayed July 2014
GMDarrylJett, General Manager at W Dallas Victory Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Welcome Mike B,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay during the 4th of July and hope to see you again very soon.

Darryl Jett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Had the most fabulous time spending our 6th year anniversary at the W. Once W staff Tonja n Sheli found out it was or anniversary they
heels nothing back. From complimentary champagne in the room to popcorn for a movie it was awesome!!:). definitely coming back every chance we get

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rhonda S
GMDarrylJett, General Manager at W Dallas Victory Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Welcome Rhonda S,

I am so thrilled to hear your experience at W Dallas – Victory was wonderful. Thank you for the taking the time to share it with us; I will definitely pass this along to our talent, especially to Tonja and Sheli for taking care of you on your anniversary!

We look forward to having you back soon.

Dallas, TX
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I mentioned to the W that we were checking in for the weekend to celebrate my cousin's birthday and they went above and beyond to make sure it was a wonderful weekend. Since I am SPG Platinum they upgraded my room to a huge 2 room suite at no extra charge and also sent up a hand written card and birthday cake which was delicious! Room was recently renovated and bed was extremely comfortable. Everyone from the front desk to the staff at Cook Hall was very friendly and accommodating. Will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
GMDarrylJett, General Manager at W Dallas Victory Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Welcome NeilKuehn,

I am glad to hear your cousin had a good experience at W Dallas – Victory one. Thank you for the taking the time to share it with us.

Thank you again for your loyalty as an SPG Platinmu; we look forward to showing you the Whatever/ Whenever service during your next Dallas escape.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed at the W this past weekend to celebrate my mother in law's 60th birthday. The place is gorgeous and service is amazing. Everyone was overly nice & helpful at every moment. Upon arrival they had a cake and hand written card delivered to the room for her! The pool on the 16th floor is awesome. They set up a DVD player in our room at 11pm. Whatever - Whenever!
The location is great for exploring Dallas. Overall really fantastic hotel! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank nashvillechick
GMDarrylJett, General Manager at W Dallas Victory Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Welcome nashvillechick,

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband and I spent our first anniversary at the W hotel and had a wonderful time. The hotel is very modern which is very much our style! While we had a few kinks like the TV not working...Shelli at the hotel took awesome care of us. She sent us complimentary champagne and strawberries as an anniversary gift as well as a bottle of wine to make up for the broken TV. Really the whole staff made the experience wonderful and we would definitely spend other occasions at the hotel in the future!

Room Tip: I am not sure what kind of room we had, but when we checked in when they found out it was our annive...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Welcome Leslie C,

I am so thrilled to hear your experience at W Dallas – Victory was wonderful. Thank you for the taking the time to share it with us.

Thank you again for your loyalty; we look forward to showing you the Whatever/ Whenever service during your next anniversary visit.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I've never written a review before, but I'm so disappointed, I have to share.

We have been here three nights & have two more to go. The room is smelly (like mold) and the only outlet in the bathroom doesn't work. My biggest complaint is the pool since it's the only reason my family stayed here. The pool area is very small and very crowded. It appears to be more of a singles bar than a pool area.

Just now, my 9 yr old daughter and I went up to the pool to find what appeared to be a pool party with a lady collecting money & hanging out wristbands at the door. It's Sunday afternoon. Clearly this was not a place for kids. As we turned around, a bouncer was escorting three men out. As the men entered our elevator dropping the f-bomb & threatening the bouncer, I grabbed my daughter and headed out. I'm not a prude by any means, but this is not what I expect from a W hotel. I'd stay at a much less expensive hotel if I wanted my family to experience this.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank kim w
Welcome Kim W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. However, I hope you give us another opportunity to gain your loyalty. If your travels bring you back to the Dallas area, please do not hesitate to contact me, gmdarryl.jett@whotels.com. We look forward to amplifying your next W Dallas experience.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My boyfriend and I recently stayed here. We were going to a wedding and we wanted to make a vacation out of it. First, we booked it because it had a pool, which we got to use one time during our seven day stay. This is because the pool is like a wind tunnel and it was always closed due to weather. Secondly, we asked twice for a DVD player in order to watch a movie we had rented. Both times a DVD player was not delivered and we were not informed as to why. Thirdly, I am a very organized person and particular about my own belongings. I had an item of clothing stolen when it was in a drawer. Sadly, when I told the manager what had happened, all she did was have security talk to me and then offer me a $50 coupon for breakfast. The item that was stolen cost over $80 and it made me very uncomfortable that it was taken out of the drawer making me feel like all of my belongings had been rifled through. Security told me they would follow up, but they never did. Finally, on our last day the cleaning staff knocked on our door at 8 AM asking if they could clean our room. Why would they need to do that if we were checking out? Again, it made me rather uncomfortable and like they were trying to pull something over on me. Needless to say, I will not be staying at a W hotel ever again. If you are looking for a nice place in Dallas stay somewhere else!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank C O
GMDarrylJett, General Manager at W Dallas Victory Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Welcome C O,

Thank you for your feedback!! I am aware that you have spoken to my Style Manager and your article of clothing was found and we have shipped it out to you. I also understand there was other compensation for your other issues you encounter with us.

I am truly sorry for the experience you had during your stay and appreciate your feedback so we can pinpoint where corrective measures are necessary to bring us closer to our goal.