“Awesome Experience”

Ranked #370 of 3,580 Restaurants in Dallas
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
“Awesome Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Met some friends here for a Friday night dinner. Got there early so enjoyed some Sangrias at the bar. It was fun to watch the kitchen from the bar. Sat on the patio next to the fire place. Staff was very nice, quick and very courteous. We shared an app., salad and two pizzas between the four of us, but we aren't big eaters. Pizza wasn't anything to write home about, but all ingredients where fresh. Atmosphere was fun. Plan on valet parking or finding street parking. Will go back.

Fort Worth, Texas
“GREAT Pizza, GREAT Service, Best Fireside Pies Location in My Opinion!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

I've been to each one and I think this location is the best. Perhaps there's some nastalgia or something linked to it for me (been going for years since it first opened, I lived in this neighborhood for a while) but it's still great!

Perfection:
-Service has always been good. Attentive wait staff, they make good food suggestions. We probably never would have picked "the North" pizza with pepperocinis and salami but it was one of my favorites ever!
-Grapefruit rickeys and the ginger cocktail--yum!
-Local beer featured on draught and changes periodically
-Fried goat cheese w bread appetizer

Leaves Much to be Desired:
-The wait to be seated. Lol. But I guess that means the place is good, right? I always go to the bar for a drink (or two!) to compensate.
-Can get a little loud inside (so just go outside--usually quieter out there)

Visited November 2013
Dallas, Texas
“First time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

It was our first time at fireside pies. We were there for a wedding reception for a good friend. The food was great specially the salads and pizza. The environment its a bit dark, but ok. I can see myself going there again.

• Visited May 2013
“Great Pizza and Drinks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

We ate here during a recent trip to the Dallas area at the recommendation of a family member (she dined with us). My wife and I love good pizza places, but they seem increasingly hard to find. This location (Fireside has more than one) was quaint in a relatively busy area for restaurants and bars. The space was kind of cramped, but the decor was really nice, focused on wood elements. We had to wait a few minutes for a table, so we grabbed some of their special cocktails. I only remember mine ("Fancy Free"), which was excellent. Just the right mix of whiskey and cherry flavor. We ordered a couple of pizzas (plain cheese and a North Beach) to split amongst the table. While not very large, the pizzas were packed with flavor. Nice crispy crust with plenty of nutty flavor; they must put quite a bit of effort into making their dough. At least with the North Beach there was not an overwhelming amount of toppings either. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for good pizza and atmosphere.

• Visited August 2013
Austin, Texas
“Cozy and Casual(ish).”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

I'm a big fan of Fireside Pies. I've been going to this place since it opened. It's common knowledge this place has very little seating inside and doesn't offer reservations. Over the years, they have enclosed their outdoor patio space which provides the lion's share of seating so it can be used during the heat of summer or cold of winter. If you're lucky enough to be there during the winter, they keep their huge wood fireplace roaring which creates a wonderful ambiance. Yes, you would be well served to arrive early if you want to ensure seating. How is this different than any other popular restaurant?

So, it's Dallas which means casual is a relative term. Unlike other places where that would mean shorts and flip flops, this means you still dress up a bit but the restaurant itself isn't stuffy and pretentious. My friend and I start out with a crisp bottle of white before dinner. We always enjoy visiting for a bit before ordering (girl talk) and the staff graciously gives us our space but checks in from time to time. Then we split the Peta Pie which features roasted peppers, goat cheese and pine nuts with a tossed arugula on top. Pizza and salad all in one, how awesome is that?

If you live in Dallas or are just visiting, I highly recommend this place. You won't break the bank for dinner out and Henderson is a great street for restaurants, bars and people watching.

• Visited February 2013