“Excellent and refreshing”
Review of Stephan Pyles - CLOSED

Stephan Pyles
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: St. Paul
Transit: Trolley
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Nicely done! Interesting combination of tastes and techniques. And the kitchen was very helpful in my desire for additional veggies. I enjoyed the extra care taken to provide more creative dishes and presentation. If you are looking for a big ol' hunk of fish, this might not be your place. Something a bit different and not what you can do at home? Well then this is your ticket.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Visited Steven Pyles for the second time while in Dallas in April. Great atmosphere with something for everyone. There are areas in the restaurant that are more quiet and more lively areas as well so choose seating based on what time of experience you're going for. My favorite thing about the atmosphere is the open kitchen. It is fascinating watching the chefs work their magic!

The menu is innovative and exciting. I ordered the duck...it was fabulous! The reason for the 4 star rating was the service. While my server was friendly, he was not overly attentive and disappeared for long periods of time so it was tricky getting water refills, etc.

It is without a doubt my favorite restaurant in downtown dallas. When visiting the city again, I will certainly be dining at Steven Pyles.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

When I come to downtown Dallas, I look forward to Stephan Pyles. I have never been disappointed. Came for a business dinner. Waitstaff were gracious and helpful.
The menu is always creative and interesting. My dinner companion and I both ordered the market fish of the day - delicious! As mentioned by another reviewer - there is a good amount of room between the tables, so there is a lot of privacy whether you are there for business or a romantic evening. It is a class act. Thank you for standing out.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

As always - perfection. Both the food and service is always above every other restaurant in the Dallas area. Chef Pyles is innovative and a perfectionist with his cooking. Will return..

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Dinner with two colleagues last night. Nice cars out front, seated quickly without a reservation (filled up quickly).
Good amount of room between tables, so it's very reasonably quiet.
Quick service, decent wine list.
Appetizers: Snapper with chile pop rocks; had I not tasted it I'd tell you it's dumb. It tastes good, it's just odd. The charred octopus was terrific.
Main course, and where my dinner went off the rails: I ordered the house special, "USDA Prime Bone-In Cowboy Ribeye, Red Chile Onion Rings, Pinto-Crimini Mushroom Ragout". The steak was cooked perfectly and was absolutely swimming the a plate full of ragout, to the point the steak taste was completely drowned. It's too bad, I'm sure had it been on the side I'd have been able to enjoy the steak and the ragout, but there was way too much to enjoy the steak.
Would go back, but would ask more about the entree, and know what you're getting.