“Good for the money”

Comfort Inn North Dallas Near The Galleria
Ranked #117 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I've stayed at this la quinta at two different business travels, I can say its location is great, you can easily drive to this hotel, rooms are big, it is not a new hotel, so I noticed that some parts of the room seemed worn, specially the tub at the bathroom. If you've stayed at la quinta you know what to expect, I didn't found any disguising or happy surprise here.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 January 2012

Went down to Dallas to see an Edmonton Oilers/Dallas Stars game. We stayed here, just north of central Dallas at this La Quinta inn. The hotel was clean, but kind of smelled in the halls. The price was a good bang for the buck. When we we're checking in, we realized we had sceduled the hotel for a wrong date. The lady at the front desk was very helpful on changing that. Overall, enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 December 2011

Only stayed here one night, but the room was inexpensive, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Stayed for a week for business...price is right. Located where I had to be. Older hotel but kept very clean. Parking can be an issue. Also was not happy that side doors were not kept locked at all times. Located on busy expressway can be noisy I bet when air is not running. Good Value.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2011

This hotel was one of the worst I have ever stayed in. It was dirty, the ceilings offer no sound barrier (the family staying on the floor above us sounded like a herd of elephants just walking around), and the worst part...BUGS! I saw three different varieties during our stay and my husband woke up with a strange rash on his chest. Usually LQ hotels are good, but this was HORRIBLE! Do not stay here!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Camille R
Reviewed 1 September 2011

The parking lot was small and the parking spaces were narrow and cramped, making it hard to get luggage in and out of the car without banging the doors into the car next to you.

This is an older hotel so we weren’t expecting a resort atmosphere, and were pleased by the first impressions as we entered the lobby. The décor was modest but not ratty looking and the reception area was clean and smelled fresh.

We had booked the reservation online so the check-in process was smooth. The front desk staff was very friendly, checked us in quickly, and answered all our questions.

We requested a non-smoking room. With this being an older hotel, I was a bit leery about how the room would smell. Older hotels often just repaint or try to mask the stale smoke odor in the carpet, drapes, bedding and mattresses. So we get off the elevator to go to our room and instantly smell the tell-tell smell … the floor we were on might not be a smoking floor now but it definitely used to be! But much to our surprise, our room smelled nice and fresh with no hint of stale smoke. I was very glad because I don’t think I could have spent the night smelling stale cigarette odor.

The carpet was a bit worn in a few places and there were some minor stains, but there weren’t any rips or tears in it.

Our room had plenty of lights on every wall and a couple in the ceiling, so there was plenty of bright light when we wanted it. When it came time to go to bed, the drapes kept out the light from outside. Our room faced the parking lot but the drapes were heavy enough to block out the streetlights and parking lot lights at night.

The beds were very comfortable, nice and soft just the way I like them. I would have preferred to have more blankets, but didn't bother to ask for them. The sheets were a soft sateen material and the pillows were stuffed with a thick and fluffy down-like material. There were also plenty of pillows, three per bed.

Free high-speed internet connection (either wireless or Ethernet) was available. The speed was actually quite fast. I was using a wireless connection and it never dropped the signal.

There was a large desk with plenty of electrical outlets for plugging in a laptop and other accessories. The television had a great picture and nice selection of channels. It sat on top of a large dresser with plenty of drawers.

The heat and air conditioning unit worked adequately. The built-in thermostat kept the room nice and cozy.

The room itself was a bit cramped with two queen beds and all the other furniture, but was really that bothersome.

The standard amenities were included such as a hairdryer, iron & ironing board, alarm clock, and coffee maker. I was glad to see they had included decaf coffee as well as regular.

There was also a refrigerator and microwave in the room, which was convenient.

The bathroom had a large mirror, a fair amount of counter space, nice clean toilet and shower. The tile on the floor was clean. The complimentary bar soap wasn’t impressive and didn’t smell very good, and the small bottle of shampoo didn’t smell very good either. There were no complimentary bottles of conditioner or lotion. The massage-type shower head and was in excellent condition and the water pressure was fantastic. The water in the shower and sink area heated up quickly. There were plenty of fluffy towels and washrags available and they looked fairly new. There was extra toilet paper and facial tissue tucked away in a little compartment. The only major complaint I had about the bathroom area was the lack of an exhaust fan so the mirror fogged up from shower.

This particular hotel is located right off a very busy expressway and we could hear the traffic noise if we turned off the AC unit, but the soothing white noise from the fan blocked out the street noise. We also didn’t hear any sounds from the guests on either side of us, and one of those rooms had 4 teenage boys in it!

There were plenty of vending machines on each floor for sodas, water, or snacks … and the snacks were actually fresh. The ice machines were conveniently located and worked like a charm.

The free breakfast was fabulous with a wide variety of food such as waffles, sausage, biscuits and gravy, fruit, 4 types of bagels, 2 choices of cereal, several different flavors of muffins, donuts and pastries, 2 kinds of juice, milk, and coffee. The breakfast area was very large and had a nice layout. It was also very well maintained and clean.

I took a peek at the room service menu and the prices were surprisingly within “real world” prices.

The hotel also has a swimming pool, spa, and fitness center but I didn’t use them and can’t comment on their condition.

I would recommend this location to anyone and would stay there again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top corner and in the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank ned4me
Reviewed 25 May 2011

Stayed 4 days, ver friendly and helpful staff. Free breakfast of waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage. cereals, juice, milk, coffee, rolls. Room was clean, modern, had wirelss and wired high speed internet in the room. Fitness center and pool. Room was quiet and clean. Refrigerator and microwave.

Room Tip: We stayed on first floor, did not check other.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family