“Best bargain in the Dallas area!”

Comfort Inn North Dallas Near The Galleria
Ranked #128 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 26 May 2010

I came here in March and again in May for different reasons and was very pleased both times. The basic room was a steal at $53 a night on the AAA rate. The king suite, which is HUGE (with a bedroom and a sitting room and a TV in each, plus your own balcony) was an even better deal at $71 AAA pricing. Free wifi which worked great and tech support was very helpful and friendly. Beds are super comfy.

The pool is nice though unheated. The jacuzzi could be a little more vigorous but is warm enough anyway. Business center is available to print your boarding pass. Fitness center was adequate with machines in good repair. The LQ free breakfast is always nice (though it ends at 9am most days). Great bonus is the early (1pm) check-in and relatively late check-out (noon, but they also have this nice feature where you can extend your checkout to 6pm for just $30 extra). This is a pet-friendly property as well. The parking is free and ample.

There's no room service or restaurant onsite, though they do have menus for a variety of local joints that deliver. None of them go past 11pm though and most stop at 9 or 9:30, so make sure you plan ahead. There is a fridge and micro in every room, however, and both worked just fine. There is a Texaco station a little ways down Coit Rd. that sells beer and wine, and across the street from that is a Mexican supermarket (I think it was called Fiestas?) Property is within a very short walking distance to a CVS Pharmacy, Subway and Quiznos.

Easy freeway access to the I-635 and the 75 and about a twenty minute drive from DFW Airport. As always, La Quinta comes through with a good hotel at a great price!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank EuterpeThelo

Reviewed 29 March 2010

I stayed at the La Quinta with other family members in town for a wedding. I shared a 2 queen room with my mother-in-law. The room was quite comfortable. The beds were great. Other family members, 2 adults and 2 children, age 6 and 3, stayed in one of the king suites. It was very large and quite comfortable. The only downside was that we had been hoping for a separate bedroom as in a wall between the bedroom area and the living area. But it was all one room. The breakfast buffet was substantial. I do like the Belgian waffle maker! There was a fitness center - had three machines in working order. They did not have a business center, but they did have a computer for guests' use. The location was quite convenient and very accessible. And, you could get to a CVS pharmacy through parking lots without even going on a city street. We paid a really good rate and definitely got our money's worth.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2009

I stayed at the La Quinta Park Central, LBJ Freeway in Dallas on May 14-16. When I checked in it was 85 degrees outside an no A/C was on in my room. Then I had no hot water for 2 days, being promised it would be fixed each morning. I finally checked out and went to the Quality Inn & Suites next door where they still understand the concept of Customer Service! I usually choose the La Quinta in Addison on Landmark Blvd, but chose this alternation location as it was more central to the activities I needed to attend. The front desk staff were not at all eager to offer a refund, even though I only stayed an extra night because the assured me there would be hot water by Friday night/Saturday morning. I would NOT recommend this hotel. The Fitness Center was not kept cool (again, 85 degrees outside and no A/C on), and the rooms looked old.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank vbailey2
Reviewed 15 March 2009

We had a great stay, front desk staff was great. We have been staying in hotels for my wife's work for the last 3 weeks all over the country and I think this was the best LaQuinta we've stayed in so far. No additional pet fee's and I felt comfortable leaving my car in the lot. It's across the street from a church, overall just a good stay. We did have a problem with our room but it was corrected immediately.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank luke213
Reviewed 5 August 2007

We were especially fortunate to stay here on very short notice during Mary Kay month in Dallas.
We had a room for under $100.00. In a perfect location for on and off the highway.
When there developed a damp carpet ( ac problem) in the room we were moved to a suite for the remaining time of our stay.
We make our own reservations using Hardin as the discount code. It is usually a good savings on price.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GloriaMunday
Reviewed 26 June 2007

My husband and I were going to be in Dallas for the weekend, and wanted to be close in proximity to The Dallas Galleria and SMU. We booked a room for one night and enjoyed our stay so much that we decided to extend our stay at La Quinta for an additional night. The front desk people were extremelly nice and cordial. All of our requests were met and the hotel was extremelly well kept and maintained. I definitely recommend this place for anyone looking to stay on a budget, however still wants a neatly run, and friendly staffed hotel.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 7 December 2006

LaQuinta quality amenities, but problems with ALOT of noise from neighboring rooms very early in the morning, slamming doors constantly. I spoke with desk manager after an hour of hoping it would get better. He stated he did not hear it even though it was very close in proximity to the desk and kept happening. Nothing at all was done about it.. Very frustrating and we will never stay there again. The door slamming lasted for an hour and a half. If we hadn't purchased the hotel room through a third party, we would have demanded a refund. Not a good experience.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled with family