“Beware!”
Review of Maple Manor Hotel

Maple Manor Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dallas
Maple Manor Hotel
Ranked #112 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 25 August 2008

I recently completed a stay at the Maple Manor Hotel. When I arrived at the hotel there was no one at the desk to check in. My friend and I secured a key from the valet at the Old Warsaw restaurant. There was no one at the desk all night, so no security was provided during the stay. The next morning, the only way we were able to check out was to leave the key with the housekeeper. Although my friend and I found the hotel to be quaint and the breakfast to be satisfactory, we were disappointed that the frame of our antique bed was broken and the toilet paper holder was falling off of the bathroom wall. Because of the affiliation of the hotel to the Old Warsaw restaurant, I expected much higher standards and much better service at the hotel. The lack of consideration to the protection and comfort of hotel guests has promted me to write this review.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends
3  Thank DallasHoney

Reviewed 17 February 2008

First off I should mention that I paid $384 for a one night stay in the best suite which is #316. This hotel being in the top 5 on expense in the Dallas area.

When we arrived there was no parking to be found, there is only a small parking area behind the resturant that is next door. This means that you will only be able to park there in the early morning hours, then later if you try to get to your car it will be buried in Valet parked vehicles.

Next the room. We walked in and noticed the bed post was broken and clearly leaning almost a foot off center. The dark wood floors had a slight hint of grey, as if they were moped with a dirty mop. The clear glass tables were whiped down with the same mop used on the foor. very cloudy as if someone whiped a sweaty towel on them. Next the light in the shower didn't work. Finally when looking at the bed I noticed a quarter size black stain on the comforter. Already I was thinking ok, maybe this won't be so bad and just the cleaning crew needs some work.

During our stay we discovered that the Hot water in the bathroom only lasts about two minutes. One of the biggest selling points of this room was the nice shower area, and the big spa like tub. Little did we know there would be no hot water available to enjoy either. Well then we tried to watch the televison and were disappointed by the TV's that were around twenty years old. They barely worked, and the remotes for them were broken.

I would have rather paid the $35 for the motel 6 accross the street, which I am sure would have been much better than this hotel.

I am completely and uttering disappointed with this establishment.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
5  Thank zx3sith
Reviewed 26 December 2007

I attended a wedding here and spent the night afterward. There is a complete lack of respect and attention to detail from the staff. The place was dirty, the food was sub-par, the toilets didn't flush. The staff simply did not seem to care. I would not recommend this place to anyone, especially for a wedding. If you intend to stay the night here, think twice. You might want to find a hotel that is clean and has appropriate staffing.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
6  Thank emileedean
Reviewed 26 June 2007

Paid over $9000.00 for wedding to be held there and we rented the entire 6 rooms in the hotel for a few of our guests. Coordinator there was unprofessional and guests complained she was rude. Dinner was over an hour late. My cc was charged without my consent/authorization. The hotel rooms are very beautiful! But, there was NO soap in any of the rooms dirty/wet towels from previous guests, room not ready for check in until 430pm! SEVERAL reqeuests made and agreed upon in contract were not upheld! Could not locate decor we used for our wedding and then staff cleared them without letting us know where to pick them up from!!
Over all professionalism was lacking and disappointed that we had to worry about so much on our wedding day.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
8  Thank jerseycouple2007
GotMarried, Manager at Maple Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2007

Dear Travelers, Please be assured that our event coordinator had met with this bride and fulfilled every request. She wanted a 4 course seated dinner for 100 guests which takes time to prepare and serve. The coordinator delayed the receptions close by nearly an hour to compensate for the late dinner. As the staff cleaned up the tables, they set the personal decor to the side to be later collected by the bridal party. When it was not collected it was later sent in its entirety via mail on the hotels expense. This bride and groom selected a bar package to be charged based on consumption, therfore it was charged the Monday following the Saturday reception. Please visit our website at MapleManorHotel.com to view testimonials and photos provided by our bride and grooms.

Reviewed 18 April 2007

Went there for a wedding reception and stayed the night in room 215. The rooms are very eligantly decorated and overlook a very nice courtyard. The bathrooms are very large with seperate his and her closets and sinks. The 7 jet shower needs more water pressure as very little pressure. The large round jacuzzi tubs were very tempting until we turned the jets on and black mold or some sort of something started coming out. Ruined a romantic evening. The rest of the room is very nice, with sitting area, two TV's, fireplace and refrigerator with sodas and bottled water.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple