“Ballrooms”

Ranked #51 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Draper, Utah, United States
“Ballrooms”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I did not stay at this hotel. I just had an event in one of their ballrooms. The staff was helpful, the ballroom was clean, the A/V worked just right. Everything went off without a problem. The property looks good and i'm sure the rooms are just fine if you're looking to stay here. I also noticed a nice pool lounge area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Cleveland E, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you Chris C, for you candid feedback of our property from your last visit for your meeting.

Your feedback has been shared with the entire banquet staff, as they continue to strive for excellence in their department.

I hope that you will be able to stay with us during your next visit to Dallas.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Dallas, United States
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The hotel went under renovation sometime awhile back, however it was as nice as I would expect a Double Tree to be. The staff was friendly, area was questionable, beds were so so and the room needed a little more freshening up.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Cleveland E, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Frederick R,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We value our guests feedback to assist in identifying areas for continued improvement. We always try to do everything that we can to ensure a positive stay, and while an average score may sound OK, I apologize that your nor our expectations were met. Thank you again for your review, as it will help us to better our property for the future. We hope you'll stay with us again the next time you're in town!

Mount Clemens, United States
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Without a doubt the 2nd worst hotel experience of my entire life. Spotted at least 8 cockroaches during my visit (3 alive and running around). Hotel bartender was complaining about not having a bar back (help) although he wasn't even busy. Every day was his "first day on the job." Hotel could not accomodate my early check-in. Nearly impossible to get someone to answer the phone. Many dead cockroaches near the unheated pool and a few live ones running around the lobby & banquet areas. Fortunately, I never saw any on the 11th floor, where I stayed despite the housekeeping staff letting empty juice glasses linger in the hallway for days. I will make sure no one that I know ever stays at this property.

Omar D,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I'm sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We always try to do everything that we can to ensure a positive stay, and I apologize that your expectations were not met. Thank you again for your review, as it will help us to better our property for the future. We hope you'll stay with us again the next time you're in town!

Oklahoma
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night on Oct. 19, 2013. Upon entering, we were greeted by a friendly front desk staff and given warm chocolate cookies. Our check-in was relatively fast with no problems. We were given a king room as requested and had a view of the pool outside. We had requested my daughter and her family be close to us and that had been taken care of when we arrived, as they were in the connecting room next to ours. The beds were very comfortable with choices of pillows. Our room had a microwave and coffee maker and was very clean. The bathroom had a granite counter-top, but was somewhat small in contrast to the large room and sitting area with desk. We were given complimentary wifi that worked very well. Our only complaint was the elevator. It was extremely slow. After waiting for quite awhile for it to open on our floor, we gave up and used the stairs. No big problem for us, as we were on a lower floor and only had one bag. That would have been a major problem if on a higher floor with more bags. Overall, we had a good experience with the elevator issue our only major complaint. I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing a centrally located hotel with great service by the staff.

Stayed October 2013
Thank you ddgadams, for taking the time and posting your review of our property after your recent stay, we value all of our guests feedback.

Thank you for pointing out some of the great features of our property (Our Staff) and location access to hundreds of restaurants and nightlife venues downtown.

As our location continue to improve with the addition of 4 new restaurants, and a farmers market in the area/walking distance maybe? 4 blocks , but we also provide shuttle service.

Thank you again for a great review as we continue to improve.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My first impression of this hotel was framed by signs in the parking lot that read something like: "park at your own risk". This statement had particularly compelling meaning since just beyond the sign was a run down apartment complex immediately next door and behind a rusting chain-link fence. I really had the impression the hotel was abandoned or under construction, when I first drove up. All the cars were bunched up in the front parking lot...there were no cars parked in the side or rear parking lots--maybe other visitors knew things I didn't!!! The driveway was in ill-repair with many people loitering in the front of the building (they may have been taxi drivers...I'm just not sure). All i know is, while I was not really concerned about my personal safety, I thought to myself I would not want my wife or daughter to have to come up to this hotel by themselves.

Once inside, the hotel lobby was rather dark, small and outdated, with "smells". While the person working the reception desk was polite, he was very rehearsed at denying any upgrades that frequent guests are entitled to as part of the loyalty program. He denied any upgrades based on full occupancy, when it was clearly obvious by the number of cars in the parking lot, and the number of people moving around the hotel, that the place was no where near full. For the life of me, I will never understand this attitude I often find exhibited by reception desk personnel determined that they will not honor the intent of the program. I believe I was the only person on my floor (7th), yet, the only room available for me was the one right next to the elevator, and with 2 double beds (I only requested a King for my 6'5" frame.) Since the floor and the hotel, for that matter, was relatively empty, it turns out, the room was quiet despite the passive aggressive rudeness by the front desk person. He did manage to "toss" a warm cookie at me before leaving reception (I was happy about that since I had missed lunch, and it was well past the dinner hour by the time I completed travel).

The room itself was outdated, but, reasonably clean (I mean I wasn't running in horror), and noticeably smaller than the "standard" Hilton room you would expect. A few issues jumped out at me, however: 1. only 2 plugs available on the desk, not any of the other walls, 2. windows stayed wet with condensation and you could not see out clearly because they needed to be cleaned, 3) bathroom was so small you couldn't turn around, 4) iron was broken (of course you only discover this when you are 10 minutes from showtime), 5) remote was "sticky" 6) towels smelled of chlorox (however, in this case, I was kind of glad.)

I didn't eat in the hotel. I was not compelled to eat there. I got in the car and navigated my way to the nearest McDonald's. I do not know Dallas well enough to describe the part of town where this hotel is located, but, it seems like it is off downtown. i drove to a McDonald's about 10 minutes away that was indeed downtown. However, it is around the corner from the Anatole Hilton Hotel, which is much more the standard you would expect from this chain. I would never stay at this hotel again. I work for a major corporation and we have a list of hotels to choose from for each city we travel to for business. Generally, the hotels have been vetted very carefully, but, in this day of economic belt tightening, etc, etc., I guess this hotel slipped through the muster. As a well seasoned business traveler, I can tell you, this hotel misses the mark in nearly every respect. Based on it's location, appearance, service and cleanliness, I would not be happy about my family staying at this hotel, and I would not recommend it.

Room Tip: Dallas is a very large hotel market and offers many many options. No hotel can get away with poor s...
Bigger32,

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Got bumped from another Hotel and Adam in the front desk went above and beyond to accomodate us. Kudos for the great service! and to the management for empowering employees to take charge and problem solve....will stay again!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you Travelz4biz, for taking the time and posting your review of our property after your recent stay, we value all of our guests feedback.

Thank you for pointing out one of the greastest features of our property (Our Team Members).

As our location continue to improve so will our focus to our guest on property experience.

Thank you again as we continue to improve.
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My overall stay went well. The outside of the hotel and the hallways are not that appealing, but the hotel room was nice. The woven textured wall paper was a nice touch. My room however, did have some kind of weird stain on the wall that I just tried to ignore. This hotel is obviously older, but they have done renovations to work around it. The staff was nice and took care of any issues promptly. The slowest service was at the bar on my last night; I think the bartender was overwhelmed even though the bar is on the small side. The location of the hotel is great for business you may have downtown and is pretty close to several area attractions. The courtesy shuttle was also pretty handy. I was glad that they do not charge to park on the property.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you JB1234houston_Texas, for taking the time and posting your review of our property after your recent stay, we value all of our guests feedback.

Thank you for pointing out some of the great features of our property location access to hundreds of restaurants and nightlife venues, and from the date and location visited you must have been here for Texas OU Weekend and be a Longhorn Fan.

Thank you again for a great review as we continue to improve.