“BEWARE OF WASPS !!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #43 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
DALLAS
“BEWARE OF WASPS !!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

I had the the WORST experience I have ever had at any hotel at this place. The rooms with balconies were infested with wasps and after refusing the first room, I entered the second room only to be stung by a wasp ! The idiotic hotel staff knew about them and looked at me like I was crazy for not wanting the rooms ! Not only this but the hotel description said it was "newly remodeled", well, that had to be in the 90's ! Terrible, terrible place !

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

1 Thank M K
Cleveland E, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
We apologize again MK, for the very unfortunate experience that you had with wasps outside your room during your recent stay at our hotel. Please know that our guests’ health and safety is extremely important to us and we focus a great deal of our time and attention on them. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and correct any pest situation that might occur. We have shared your comments with our staff and promise the situation has been successfully addressed. If we may be of any additional assistance or if you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact our offices directly.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Medway, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Really enjoyed my stay here. Only 2 issues -1. bathrooms are a little cramped and 2. breakfast was a little cumbersome with having to go to the $12 buffet. A la carte was available, but was a little cumbersome for someone trying to have a casual breakfast. The 'Starbuck's served' sign was confusing since I thought I'd be able to pick up a muffin or scone with a coffee. It was doable, just not that easy.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you Susan M, for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I have shared your message with our food and beverage director as well as our chef and they are currently working on ideas to make the signage less confusing.

Thank you again for sharing and pointing out some ideas on how we can improve our on property experience.

Please stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Dallas.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

I spent four nights at this property last week while my colleagues paid double to stay at a convention at the Anatole which is just up the street. This was a perfect option. The hotel was clean and comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful. The shuttle driver Brandon was professional and friendly.

The Design District is walking or shuttle distance and has several very nice restaurant options including my favorite in Dallas, FT33(reserve well in advance). Ascension coffee was a comfortable morning walk if you go via Highline (past a row of new townhouse style condos).

Haymarket was a great little surprise find tucked in behind another business at 1715 Market Center Blvd. I was able to get locally made soaps, lotions, grits, tea, candles and honey to bring back to friends.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Cleveland E, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thank you Highlandstraveler_11, for taking the time to share your feedback with us and I know Brandon will especially happy, our staff recieves an extra monetary incentive, if a guest mentions them by name for doing there job well.

As I mentioned in an earlier response the area is the fastest growing area in Dallas with new shops and restaurants opening in some very non tipical areas, and when I asked if anyone had heard of Haymarket no one had so we took a road trip to check them out.

Thank you again for sharing and pointing out some new venues to check out in our area :)

Please stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Dallas.
Louisville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

It is a nice clean hotel , very nice staff close to a lot of things to do.. Shuttle service are very nice and helpful. Close to downtown and to love airport.. They Have great room service and always have warm cookies in the l

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Cleveland E, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
First of all, thank you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We value our guests feedback to assist in identifying areas for continued improvement. We always try to do everything that we can to ensure a positive stay, your feedback let's us know that we are on the right track.

Thank you again for your review, as it will help us to better our property for the future. We hope you'll stay with us again the next time you're in town!

Best regards,
OKC, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I stay in DoubleTree hotels fairly often, and this one will not get my business again. The airconditioner was broken, which they knew but waited until they were called to come fix it. The room smelled and felt damp. As well as the television only worked on about half the chanels. Also, there was ONE towel in the bathroom. The worst part was eating in the restraunt of the hotel. Apart from being overpriced (which I can understand to a point), the food was totally misrepresented. Two of us ordered the BLT which the menu said contained "8 pieces of bacon". We figured that's why it cost $10. When it came out, there were exactly 3 pieces that were half strip pieces. The same amount was on the other persons sandwich as well. They cooked 3 pieces of bacon and made 2 sandwiches. I also had exactly 12 french fries. I normally don't count my fries, but the lack of anything on the plate was funny to us. When we said something to the waiter he offered to go cook more bacon. I declined and asked for a change on the ticket. They took $2 off the ticket. Total BS. The worst part was yet to come. As we were waiting, we watched one member of the waitstaff walk out of the kitchen, stop, look around for a moment, and then eat a couple of french fries off someone's plate -- THEN DELIVER IT!!! So that's where my bacon and fries went.... We were done, so we went back to our barely cool, smelly, no towel having room and we to bed (which was comfortable and probably the best part of the hotel).

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

First of all, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback of your recent experience with us. I'm sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We always try to do whatever we can to make sure that our guests feel cared for, valued, and respected, and I apologize that we fell short of our standards. The service that you received was unacceptable by our standards, and I have passed your comments along to the staff to make sure this does not happen again. Thank you again for your comments as they will help us to better our property for the future. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly if you have any questions or concerns.

Best regards,
Indianapolis, IN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Convention at Anatole...but didn't care for price or room options. I like to get a separate bedroom when hubby travels with me because he stays up later than me. Got great room at Doubletree for less than Anatole. Three minute walk to Anatole.
Breakfast buffet at hotel is very good but couldn't really eat $14 worth every day. Denny's across street had great food, service and better price. Yes, I was shocked too....
There is NOTHING else within walking distance. So if you want to see or do anything, rent a car.
The hotel was clean, I love their beds and pillows. An older updated hotel...you can tell by small size of bathrooms, but absolutely no complaints. They have a lovely courtyard and pool, but weather was too cool for pool.
I always look for better options when going to a convention, and this was a good find.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Agioe, for taking the time and posting your review of our property after your recent stay, we value all of our guests feedback.

Thank you for pointing out some of the great features of our property (Our Staff) and location access to hundreds of restaurants and nightlife venues downtown.

As our location continue to improve with the addition of 4 new restaurants, as well as our old neighbors, Denny's and Buck's Prime across the street and, 2 blocks is The Purple Onion, Bowlounge, Mama's Daughter, and Subway.Thank you again for a great review as we and our location continue to improve.
Draper, Utah, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

I did not stay at this hotel. I just had an event in one of their ballrooms. The staff was helpful, the ballroom was clean, the A/V worked just right. Everything went off without a problem. The property looks good and i'm sure the rooms are just fine if you're looking to stay here. I also noticed a nice pool lounge area.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Chris C, for you candid feedback of our property from your last visit for your meeting.

Your feedback has been shared with the entire banquet staff, as they continue to strive for excellence in their department.

I hope that you will be able to stay with us during your next visit to Dallas.