“Hotel review 2/14”

Ranked #49 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Memphis, United States
“Hotel review 2/14”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Hotel dining was excellent. Food was cooked to perfection. Wine was great. Clean and comfortable. Heating system made a lot of noise when it came on during the night. The hotel is a good value for the price. Would stay at the this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Cleveland E, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Thank you Linda M, for your review of your recent experience at our hotel, and taking the time to let us know how we are doing.

It is our goal for all of our guests to have a rewarding stay. We’ve addressed training areas with our staff and passed on your excellent feedback as motivation to strive for excellence.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Cedar Park, United States
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Really disappointing experience. I booked this hotel based on location and price. I did not receive my requested wake-up call. The antiquated heat/ac kicked in about once an hour, waking me up throughout the night. In the morning, I called 3 times (within 30 minutes) for a cart, was told each time it was on the way and when I went downstairs, the front desk employee was chatting casually with the other employee and nobody had been sent with the cart. The hotel doesn't have a valet, so I was rained on before going on television. Really surprised to have such a bad experience at a Hilton property!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you Suzanne B. for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We’ve addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service.

hobbs, NM, United States
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Went to a Hockey game on Saturday and Basketball game on Sunday, Great Hotel Shuttle made travel easy and painless! Nice Rooms. Staff are Excellent, Honest and Go above and Beyond. I left my hair straighter and eye drops behind at checkout, did not realize until morning after arrived back home AND THE HOTEL MAILED BOTH BACK TO ME ! I checked out on Monday and via mail both where in back in my possession Wednesday morning! : D

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you Albert K, for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay so it is great to hear that we are heading in the right direction.

We hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments
Gilbert, United States
Reviewed 3 February 2014

This hotel welcomes you with the traditional warm cookie but the employees working here are warm too. Cesar was very welcoming and assured me that he'd be there for anything I could need. When I needed to extend my stay for another night after my flight was canceled, everyone was helpful and happy to see me back. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you Karla K for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered this years ever evolving weather patterns and had to stay over but we are glade that you chose to spend it with us.

We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay.

we hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience an even higher level of customer service.

Thank you again for your comments.
dallas, United States
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Absolutely DELICIOUS morning coffee! The breakfast restaurant servers were all friendly & fast and got us off to our days at Winter Market in the best possible way. Warm cookie on arrival was also a nice touch. Hotel is also within walking distance of the Market which was one of our requirements. There is a free shuttle but we chose to walk.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you Catherine S. for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed the coffee, we do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay.

We’ve shared your feedback with our team members as a source of motivation.

The staff and I hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience an even higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments
Hempstead, Texas
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We stayed here twice. The first time, the air con made such a god awful noise that I kept waking up. The second time, different room, same noise. CLUNCK! in the middle of the night. The first stay I thought more attention could be paid to things by the GM: The art in the elevator has dust balls under the glass, the little cracks int he ceiling of the room, the corners of the wallpaper, peeling... but maybe I was just being picky since becoming a fan of Hotel Impossible. Then I turned on the water in the shower on my second stay and the entire shower head popped out of the wall and landed where I would have been standing if I had gotten the water to temp before switching from bath to shower. I called the customer care line and received an "I'm sorry about that." Same thing at the front desk. Whoever the GM is here, they need to be retrained to 1) identify the little things that need to be fixed or cleaned on a daily basis to keep the place looking fresh; and 2) needs to make sure things are in working order and to IMMEDIATELY investigate an incident in which a guest could have been hurt. That could have been me or my 8-year-old daughter standing in the tub...

Room Tip: HH members should use their points to upgrade to a suite.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Cleveland E, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you Thkosan, for your review of our hotel, on your most recent visit we are very grateful that you took the time with to let us know that we did not meet your nor our expectations.

We value both positive and negative reviews I trust that you were not charged for that nights stay, and if you would contact me, we would like to make it right for you.

We hope we are able to welcome you back in the very near future.

Cleveland Evans
AGM
214-742-6345
Dallas, United States
Reviewed 21 January 2014

the shuttle was a GOD send, and made the trip wonderful and easy. These people went OUT of the oridnary to help in every area... We had reserved a room with two queens but after the day at Market we walk into the hotel and they say "NOT".. But after a minute she got the problem fixed...

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you Carol C, for your review of our hotel, on your most recent visit we are very grateful that you enjoyed your time with us.

We value both positive and negative reviews but it is such much better to hear that we are doing things the right way, as we build on these positive examples to insure that your next stay is better than the last.

We hope we are able to welcome you back in the very near future.