“Don't stay here if you have food allergies”

Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Market Center
Ranked #49 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This hotel makes no effort to accommodate those traveling with food allergies. I attended a conference here and was served very plain, cold and limited food options while my fellow attendees ate high on the hog. The kitchen staff was talked to and still provided very little food options on a buffet and what was provided was cold, dry and hard. They also give no allergy options on their room service menu and are not walking distance to any restaurants that can provide allergy safe food.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Adam C, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you for your comments about your stay with us here in Dallas. I have shared your comments with both our Executive Chef and the Food and Beverage Manager so that they may take the opportunity to better our menu options as well as the dining experience for any of our guests with food allergies.

If you have any specific suggestions on how we can improve our services for you or any of our guests with similar allergies, it would be my pleasure to share these ideas with our Food and Beverage Department.

If you have a moment to share any extra information that would be helpful in improving these areas, please send them to acarr@alliancehospitality.com. Thank you again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,021)

Reviewed 1 April 2014

This is a great place to stay on business. The rooms are clean, good location and at a very reasonable price. I have stayed there many times and Lucy the hostess in the restaurant in the mornings greats me with a smile and welcomes me back. almost feels like home.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Adam C, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review of our property. We are very proud of our staff and hope to continue to create that home away from home feeling for you while staying with us here in
Dallas.

I will be sure to pass along these comments to both Lucy and the entire waitstaff. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I've stayed here many times. Sure, its a bit on the old side, but the service is excellent. The rooms are roomy (pun intended) and clean and the beds (King), really comfortable. The pillows? Well, like most Hilton properties, well - you need two to three to get comfy. My room had a small balcony with sliding doors. All the conveniences like coffee maker, microwave and small fridge. Wifi is one of the best I've used. Great value.

Again, in minor need of an update, but good location in the financial district and just a short shuttle ride to downtown. Small bar and giftshop for those things you forgot.

Dining offerings at the hotel are pretty much standard Hilton fare, but above average. You can always order chinese or pizza delivery if you need a night in. Fitness center is above average. Never been disappointed here, but set expectations appropriately.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Cleveland E, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to talk about our menu options, and location. We also like to hear concerns that can be corrected; our biggest concern is the comfort and safety of our guests. I hope the next time you're in the area you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I made a reservation for 4 nights five weeks in advance and received confirmation. A little over a week in advance of my stay, they sent another confirmation. A couple of days later, days before my stay, they advise me they cannot honor the full four days; only two, and "apologize for any inconvenience." They offered me no solution to this unethical and unprofessional failure to honor their commitment. Complaints have gone unanswered. I STRONGLY URGE OTHERS TO AVOID THIS HOTEL; THEY ARE NOT TRUSTWORTHY.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

We greatly apologize for the unnecessary frustrations you experienced. It is never our intention to cause our guests such unnecessary stress and inconvenience such as the conditions you described in your review. Our goal is to meet and exceed every guests' expectations and we are terribly sorry we failed to do so on your visit. I would love the chance to further discuss your stay and find a way to make it right, please feel free to reach out to me at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Stayed here for a week for a conference in Dallas, the hotel location is good enough, convenient for the Dart line and the freeway. Hotel room was nice and clean. The shower was good and the TV and wi fi worked fine. Fitness centre had nice new machines and equipment and was good to use. Never ate in the hotel but there is a cheap and cheerful Denny's right across the road. Shuttle bus was a bit hit or miss, it is booked via a first come first served system, so if you are at a conference 8am to 10 pm, by the time you come back you'll find the shuttle is already all booked up for the next morning, or someone else has booked it to go somewhere completely different, by the end we just walked the 15 minutes to the dart station for reliable transport into dallas city centre. Overall a reasonably pleasingly hotel

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to tell others about your stay. Denny's is just 1 of the dining options in the design district which is where we are located 3 of the top 10 best of Dallas are only 2 blocks away. Our biggest concern is the comfort and safety of our guests. I hope the next time you're in the area you will consider staying with us again

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Room was clean and service was really good. The shuttle took us to the area for the Mavericks game, which was very helpful and accomodating. They also came and picked us up afterwards. Room and bathroom were just super small for a family of four.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with the size of our guestrooms. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you’ll stay with us again in the near future and tell us what you think about our improvements.

"Coming Soon"

Reviewed 26 March 2014

The hotel was nice enough for what it was but it was older and needed an facelift. My window on the eighth floor had some of the plastic screening pulled off and was very disconcerting. The room was much smaller than any hotel Ihave stayed in since staying in the old hotel Niagra in New York in the 80's and it was an antique among hotels. My air conditioner did not work. I had to move the coffee maker into the bathroom to have a plug for it and it poured coffee all over everything.... one cup at a time brewers arefine but he instructions for the double cup one are stupid. I was not greeted as a hilton member at all. It was a yucky experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We greatly apologize for the unnecessary frustrations you experienced. We have staff available to assist 24 hours a day and we stiil missed some items on the PM of your room. It is never our intention to cause our guests such unnecessary stress and inconvenience such as the conditions you described in your review. Our goal is to meet and exceed every guests' expectations and we are terribly sorry we failed to do so on your visit. I would love the chance to further discuss your stay and find a way to make it right, please feel free to reach out to me at your earliest convenience.