“Good sleep” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #44 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
Berlin
“Good sleep”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Although the hotel is not new, it´s very well maintained. The rooms are well equipped and very clean. The free Wifi worked perfect. The beds and the pillows are very comfortable and the noise insulation is good. Had a wonderful sleep there. They have a central AC system which is very efficient and really quiet. Beside the Doubletree restaurant, there is only one more restaurant in walking distance and no supermarkets. Parking was free and there were plenty of spaces. The pool was clean and had sufficient chairs. Its about 4 miles (10 minutes drive) to downtown. Breakfast is between 8 and 15$.

Room Tip: Although I had a room with city view, I could hardly hear the streetnoise (8th floor), Rooms with Po...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Adam C, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dallas Market Center. We recognize that you are a top contributor to TripAdvisor and are very pleased that we were able to provide such a great stay for you while here in Dallas.

We hope you will be able to return again soon, and look forward to welcoming you back as our guest in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

The location was very convenient to Love airport. The fitness center was great all the equipment worked. I was able to walk a couple of blocks to dinner at a Gastropub. It's great for that quick in and out business traveler. The staff were very helpful in suggesting dinner also.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your response about your stay with us here in the Dallas Design District. We are pleased that you were able to enjoy the hotel facilities, as well as the growing local area restaurants.

We enjoy giving guests a local's view of Dallas, and pride ourselves on learning the area so that we may better recommend an experience to remember. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
magnolia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

the hotel was full, so having 2 elevators was a huge issue. you needed to plan to either down or up 8 flight of stairs. If not plan to wait 10 minutes or more for a elevator that is so old that once you are on the elevator plan to spend time riding the elevator.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dallas Market Center, and thank you for your patience during this busy time at our hotel.

Please let us know if you will be arriving again in the future, and we will be sure to assign your room in a quiet area that is still convenient for your travels in and out of the hotel. We appreciate you being our guest, and hope you have a great day.
Waukesha, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

The hotel was nice. Some of the staff was great but some of the staff that worked in the morning had attitudes towards myself and my husband. I was also told before making the trip that there would be a shuttle that could take us to the airport. The day before we left we called down to the front desk to tell them that we would need the shuttle to take us to the airport. They told us they could not do that. They left it at that and never tried to resolve the problem. If I where to stay here again which I do not think I would I would get a rental car.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I would like to apologize if there was any mis-communication on our part about the services of the shuttle. We do only service the immediate 3 miles from the hotel, which does not cover either of the local airports.

We feel this range gives us the necessary time allotted to deliver our guests to their destination and to be able to return to the hotel in a timely and efficient manner for the next appointment.

I would like to thank you for being a loyal Hilton HHonors members, and hope to make up for this incorrect information on your next stay. I will reach out to you personally in the next day.
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

After I cancelled a two room stay for a meeting that was cancelled, I was still charged the fee. They claim there was a 4 day cancellation put on the room, but I was not aware, nor was I told they couldn't be cancelled. I would not stay here, very bad hospitality management.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Andrea C
Adam C, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
I would like to apologize if there was any miscommunication on our part about the cancellation policy for your stay. If you can provide a cancellation number for your reservation, I will be happy to reverse any charges placed on your reservation.
dawsonville, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

i travel quite a bit and typically feel doubletree is higher quality than other properties I stay at. this last trip was a little disappointing. my room just didn't feel "as clean" as is usually does. I only had 1 set of towels when i typically have 2-3. the carpet "felt" dirty. sorry.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay, we appreciate all of our guests feedback to better understand where we can improve ourselves as well as our property.

If you have a moment we would very much like to know the room you stayed in during your time here in Dallas. I will have the Housekeeping Manager personally check the room and carpet to see what we can do to provide a more comfortable experience.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us, if there is anything I can do to ensure your return, please let me know.
Edison, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

When we checked in we were told that the portable crib we ordered was not available due to the high volume of families staying at the hotel. After a lengthy argument and our insistence that they find one for us at another hotel, they decided to check the room and discovered that the crib had been there all along. The next morning we found that our rented Chevy Suburban had been vandalized over night and the third row of seats stolen. Needless to say, this was not our best hotel experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your feedback about your previous stay. I would like to sincerely apologize for the miscommunication between the staff about the requested item being placed in your room. All the procedures were followed through on your request for the crib to be placed in the room for your arrival except the required notation on your reservation that the request was complete.

I have already spoken with the entire Front Office staff about the issue and how a small misstep in communication can reverse the desired response from our guests especially in a case where we have already provided a extra service or amenity.

We have also reviewed the theft with our Loss Prevention Department and will continue to be diligent in providing the best security possible for all of our guests. Our guests safety is a priority for all of our staff and I can assure you that we have an extremely low rate of such instances at our property.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make your next stay with us the best possible. We hope to welcome you back again in the future.