“Great Stay!”

Ranked #49 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Valdosta, Georgia
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

It was excellant! When we checked in we were handed two fresh, warm chocolate raisin walnut cookies. Tasted just like from the oven (and you can ask for as many as you want!). The staff was super friendly. The rooms were super comfy, beautiful view from the balcony--only downside is next time, I'll ask for a balcony on the other side of the hotel (that side gets a better view). Later that night we asked about some recommended bars/clubs and the guy at reception (I can't remember his name) actually wrote down a list of bars/clubs in order from casual to dressy apparel. We took the shuttle out that night (you need to reserve a time), and the driver took us to the main street where all the bars were, and didn't just drop us off anywhere, he actually rode around with us giving us a tidbit of information about each bar, until we found one we liked. The next day, both the shuttle driver and reception guy followed up with us and asked how we enjoyed our night. Hands down, the staff is what makes or breaks a hotel, and the staff here has put this hotel as my go-to whenever I'm in Dallas. I really enjoyed my stay here, and will definitely recommend to any and all to stay there.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Dallas, United States
Reviewed 30 April 2014

The hotel is great property, right off 35 with comfy rooms! The staff was super helpful and room service was yummy! At breakfast the chef made Texas-Shaped fresh waffles! Will definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Berlin
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Although the hotel is not new, it´s very well maintained. The rooms are well equipped and very clean. The free Wifi worked perfect. The beds and the pillows are very comfortable and the noise insulation is good. Had a wonderful sleep there. They have a central AC system which is very efficient and really quiet. Beside the Doubletree restaurant, there is only one more restaurant in walking distance and no supermarkets. Parking was free and there were plenty of spaces. The pool was clean and had sufficient chairs. Its about 4 miles (10 minutes drive) to downtown. Breakfast is between 8 and 15$.

Room Tip: Although I had a room with city view, I could hardly hear the streetnoise (8th floor), Rooms with Po...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Adam C, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dallas Market Center. We recognize that you are a top contributor to TripAdvisor and are very pleased that we were able to provide such a great stay for you while here in Dallas.

We hope you will be able to return again soon, and look forward to welcoming you back as our guest in the future.
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

The location was very convenient to Love airport. The fitness center was great all the equipment worked. I was able to walk a couple of blocks to dinner at a Gastropub. It's great for that quick in and out business traveler. The staff were very helpful in suggesting dinner also.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for your response about your stay with us here in the Dallas Design District. We are pleased that you were able to enjoy the hotel facilities, as well as the growing local area restaurants.

We enjoy giving guests a local's view of Dallas, and pride ourselves on learning the area so that we may better recommend an experience to remember. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
magnolia, United States
Reviewed 24 April 2014

the hotel was full, so having 2 elevators was a huge issue. you needed to plan to either down or up 8 flight of stairs. If not plan to wait 10 minutes or more for a elevator that is so old that once you are on the elevator plan to spend time riding the elevator.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dallas Market Center, and thank you for your patience during this busy time at our hotel.

Please let us know if you will be arriving again in the future, and we will be sure to assign your room in a quiet area that is still convenient for your travels in and out of the hotel. We appreciate you being our guest, and hope you have a great day.
Waukesha, United States
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The hotel was nice. Some of the staff was great but some of the staff that worked in the morning had attitudes towards myself and my husband. I was also told before making the trip that there would be a shuttle that could take us to the airport. The day before we left we called down to the front desk to tell them that we would need the shuttle to take us to the airport. They told us they could not do that. They left it at that and never tried to resolve the problem. If I where to stay here again which I do not think I would I would get a rental car.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I would like to apologize if there was any mis-communication on our part about the services of the shuttle. We do only service the immediate 3 miles from the hotel, which does not cover either of the local airports.

We feel this range gives us the necessary time allotted to deliver our guests to their destination and to be able to return to the hotel in a timely and efficient manner for the next appointment.

I would like to thank you for being a loyal Hilton HHonors members, and hope to make up for this incorrect information on your next stay. I will reach out to you personally in the next day.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 22 April 2014

After I cancelled a two room stay for a meeting that was cancelled, I was still charged the fee. They claim there was a 4 day cancellation put on the room, but I was not aware, nor was I told they couldn't be cancelled. I would not stay here, very bad hospitality management.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Andrea C
Adam C, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
I would like to apologize if there was any miscommunication on our part about the cancellation policy for your stay. If you can provide a cancellation number for your reservation, I will be happy to reverse any charges placed on your reservation.