The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas
US$195
US$201
US$179
  • Restaurant
All reviewsclub levelrattlesnake barhouse cardean fearingrolls roycefearings restaurantspa servicesroom servicecorner roomluxury hoteljunior suitecar servicelarge bathroombeautiful hotelfitness centerthe entire staffbusiness trip
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I came back to my room at 10 AM to find the door wide open, and secured open on by the latch on the back of the door. There was no one in the room and no one in the hallway, my door was left unlocked, my room open, and with no one in it. I called security, they came up, the final response was that housekeeping was doing 2 rooms at the same time so she just left one open while she disappeared into another. Luckily there was no one in the room, but my laptop (didn't fit into the safe), expensive suitcases, clothes, etc. could just have "walked out" Love the location, Dean
Fearings Restaurant, the great lobby BUT security is lacking - is it training, staffing, or supervision ?

Room Tip: Corner on top floor is best
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank mary n
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I stayed at the Ritz-Carlton-Dallas for 3 nights. It was a nice hotel with luxury amenities such as complimentary shoe shine each night, a guacamole and margarita bar each day, and relatively nice room accommodations. It wasn't anything spectacular, but the employees were extremely friendly and helpful.

Although I have stayed at a variety of levels of hotels throughout my years of travel, from low end backpacker hostels to luxury hotels, this was my first opportunity to stay at a Ritz-Carlton. I was in town for a business-related conference and was sufficiently satisfied with my stay, at the time. It had been months since I had stayed anywhere other than my own home. Unfortunately, after some time, I began to develop a rash on my thigh. It was red and bumpy and somewhat itchy, but I thought nothing of it. Over the next several weeks, the rash began to spread and the itchiness became unbearable. I had redness and bumps on both legs and the itchiness was so severe that I could barely sleep at night. Three weeks after my stay at the Ritz-Carlton the itch was unbearable and I went to the doctor. I was informed that I had scabies. Yes, scabies. I looked at my doctor quizzically as I had not been in close contact with anyone and had not stayed anywhere other than my home and the Ritz-Carlton. How could this be possible? My only conclusion was that, yes in fact, scabies is not just a thing found in third world countries. Apparently, it is also prevalent in locales that perhaps have not changed/disinfected bed linens or towels properly.

I was apprehensive to post this, but after much deliberation, I felt that I had to. It could not go unmentioned. I hope that the Ritz-Carlton of Dallas will take a look at their procedures and ensure that all bed linens, towels, robes, and other soft surfaces are properly disinfected and washed in the future. It needs to be addressed, especially from a 5-star hotel such as this. It is absolutely unconscionable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank msp7278
RitzCarltonDallas, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Thank you for your kind and constructive comments regarding our Ladies and Gentlemen, which I will pass along.

We are very sorry to learn of your concerns, and I wanted to reply quickly. The Ritz-Carlton is recognized for the highest standards of cleanliness and we will investigate the matter with great urgency and care.

I sincerely hope that you will give us a chance to regain your confidence. Kindly contact me directly so I may personally attend to your needs.

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed in late April. Rooms are elegant, bar is lively and great for people watching, and the food at Fearing's is delicious. Typical Ritz Carlton service with a central location to everything in Uptown. Highly recommended. Don't miss the bar outside when the weather is good.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed three nights on the club level to attend a concert at the Worthington. As always, the staff and accommodations were among the best of the hotels we have experienced. The club level staff is attentive and helpful. The rooms are quiet, clean and comfortable. The food offered during the day is great. Fearings is still one of our favorite restaurants in Dallas. Looking forward to our next stay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Stayed for Easter weekend. Service impeccable with great Texas warmth. Fantastic location - in vibrant Uptown neighborhood walking distance to most museums and other tourist attractions. Fearing's outside bar a great late night hang out.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family