“Great Staff”

The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas
Ranked #3 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My stay at the Ritz-Carlton, Dallas,TX has been quite enjoyable. The staff is extraordinarily friendly and helpful. Unlike some other Ritz's there isn't any pretentiousness that can pervade some of their hotels.I only had one problem and that was with housekeeping not cleaning the room after I called and asked them to come up while I was out. I was assured that they would be there. However, when I returned to my room nothing was done even though room service had
brought the necessary items that I needed. Because of this I am giving the hotel a 4 rather than a 5. I'll review the restaurant separately-UGH to Fearings.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I arrived to the Ritz Carlton Dallas on a Friday around 6 p.m. Check-in was very efficient and friendly, as was the valet service. The lobby is fantastic. After settling in my room, I came downstairs to the lobby where they had a guacamologist making homemade guacamole with chips and margaritas, all of which were complimentary. I headed out from there in a great part of town. The house car is a Bentley and is available for all guests (nice touch). The bed was extra comfortable and the room is what you would expect for a nice Ritz Carlton. I would definitely return here again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We recently stayed at the Ritz in Dallas for a romantic evening celebrating a birthday. My wife and I could not be more pleased with the service and experience we had. This was a last minute reservation and the staff did an amazing job accommodating our needs and providing a special atmosphere for a birthday celebration. Everyone working at this fantastic hotel seems to go out of their way to be helpful and friendly. I have never experienced better service at any hotel in the world.

Fearing's is an amazing restaurant located in the Ritz. We have eaten here several times and are always thoroughly impressed with the food, atmosphere and service. Dean Fearing and his staff are true culinary artists and genuinely love to serve. You must dine here at least once during your stay at the Ritz-Carlton, Dallas.

Thanks so much to the incredible staffs of Fearing's and the Ritz-Carlton, Dallas for making our birthday celebration and stay so special. We will certainly be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2014

So I recently broke my leg and thought I would treat myself the Ritz Carlton while in Dallas. Great call! Staff at the hotel were very helpful in minimizing my labors getting in out of cars, accessing the dinning room tables, room service placements. My favorite was when I called and asked for a vessel to aid in bathing and room service showed up with a tray of options. A metal water pitcher, another pitcher option and a metal bowl. I smiled and made my choice. The hotel car is a great plus. A great trip.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I came back to my room at 10 AM to find the door wide open, and secured open on by the latch on the back of the door. There was no one in the room and no one in the hallway, my door was left unlocked, my room open, and with no one in it. I called security, they came up, the final response was that housekeeping was doing 2 rooms at the same time so she just left one open while she disappeared into another. Luckily there was no one in the room, but my laptop (didn't fit into the safe), expensive suitcases, clothes, etc. could just have "walked out" Love the location, Dean
Fearings Restaurant, the great lobby BUT security is lacking - is it training, staffing, or supervision ?

Room Tip: Corner on top floor is best
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank mary n
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I stayed at the Ritz-Carlton-Dallas for 3 nights. It was a nice hotel with luxury amenities such as complimentary shoe shine each night, a guacamole and margarita bar each day, and relatively nice room accommodations. It wasn't anything spectacular, but the employees were extremely friendly and helpful.

Although I have stayed at a variety of levels of hotels throughout my years of travel, from low end backpacker hostels to luxury hotels, this was my first opportunity to stay at a Ritz-Carlton. I was in town for a business-related conference and was sufficiently satisfied with my stay, at the time. It had been months since I had stayed anywhere other than my own home. Unfortunately, after some time, I began to develop a rash on my thigh. It was red and bumpy and somewhat itchy, but I thought nothing of it. Over the next several weeks, the rash began to spread and the itchiness became unbearable. I had redness and bumps on both legs and the itchiness was so severe that I could barely sleep at night. Three weeks after my stay at the Ritz-Carlton the itch was unbearable and I went to the doctor. I was informed that I had scabies. Yes, scabies. I looked at my doctor quizzically as I had not been in close contact with anyone and had not stayed anywhere other than my home and the Ritz-Carlton. How could this be possible? My only conclusion was that, yes in fact, scabies is not just a thing found in third world countries. Apparently, it is also prevalent in locales that perhaps have not changed/disinfected bed linens or towels properly.

I was apprehensive to post this, but after much deliberation, I felt that I had to. It could not go unmentioned. I hope that the Ritz-Carlton of Dallas will take a look at their procedures and ensure that all bed linens, towels, robes, and other soft surfaces are properly disinfected and washed in the future. It needs to be addressed, especially from a 5-star hotel such as this. It is absolutely unconscionable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank msp7278
RitzCarltonDallas, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Thank you for your kind and constructive comments regarding our Ladies and Gentlemen, which I will pass along.

We are very sorry to learn of your concerns, and I wanted to reply quickly. The Ritz-Carlton is recognized for the highest standards of cleanliness and we will investigate the matter with great urgency and care.

I sincerely hope that you will give us a chance to regain your confidence. Kindly contact me directly so I may personally attend to your needs.

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed in late April. Rooms are elegant, bar is lively and great for people watching, and the food at Fearing's is delicious. Typical Ritz Carlton service with a central location to everything in Uptown. Highly recommended. Don't miss the bar outside when the weather is good.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business