“Underwhelming for an normally an exceptional hotel”

The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas
Ranked #3 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My son stayed at the hotel when the hotel was at full capacity and the hotel was unable to deliver the service levels you would expect from a five star hotel the hotel front desk was suppose to call when the room was ready on check in that call never came. We had a surprise package to be delivered upon check in well that was a huge mistake because they forgot to deliver it. On Sunday they had employee appreciation dinner the only problem they forgot they were open for business and service levels fell. I guess we will try ZaZa or Fairmount. Next time

Room Tip: Check to see if they are full if they are pivot to another five star
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WendyPA
RitzCarltonDallas, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your observations with us. I am delighted that your prior experiences have been exceptional and therefore I am even more disappointed that your son’s visit did not live up to your expectations.

Please accept our sincere apologies. I will review your concerns with our team and ensure that we adjust our processes to avoid any reoccurrence.

Please also allow us to set the record straight. Kindly contact me directly the next time you are travelling to Dallas, so I may personally make the arrangements for your visit.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We have stayed at the Dallas Ritz Carlton now for 5 years and have always had excellent service, a beautiful room and a 5 star stay in general.

The moment you come in contact with the first staff member which is generally the valets and the bellmen, you will understand what sets this property apart from all others in the Dallas area. They will greet you with a smile, quickly get your bags to your room and remember you the next time you encounter them.

The check-in process continues from there where you are met with an efficient and speedy front desk staff who will get you to what has always been a beautiful room for our family. The rooms are large, updated and always spotless. We prefer the Club Level because it is very convenient for getting breakfast quickly and it's so nice to have a private area to visit with friends or just relax outside of your hotel room.

If you need anything while in town, see Robert or Kent at the Concierge desk and you can rest assured it will be handled.

The pool area is very nice and the fitness area is extremely large with everything you could want and more. The spa is fabulous so make sure to make a reservation for a treatment ahead of time as it is very busy at certain times of year.

Fearings Restaurant is located in the lobby and is a 5 star amazing dining experience that you cannot miss while at the Ritz. Enjoy their outdoor patio, their bar or dine inside in one of the many interesting room options available. You can sit in the room in which they cook, a cozy intimate room, a wine room or the room that has the feel of a cozy sunroom. Make sure to try their best dessert in my opinion which is the Banana Pudding with Beignets!!

You cannot go wrong with this hotel and you will leave feeling you are a part of a very welcoming family!

Room Tip: Club Level is a great choice but ask for a room that does not have McKinney Avenue as a view as the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JBHAtlanta
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have been to this Ritz many times for dinner and drinks as it is around the corner from my home in Uptown and have always had a great time. I finally stayed there overnight and left completely unsatisfied. The customer service and the management is not what I would expect from a luxury hotel. Christina, the manager working that night had a horrible attitude over the phone and in person and clearly does not value her guests. It is an unfortunate event that I will not be recommending the Ritz, Dallas as a place to stay to any friends and family coming to visit.

If I do however hear that management has changed I would be open to reconsidering as I can't complain on the rooms, location and hotel bar.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
RitzCarltonDallas, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Thank you so much for your loyal patronage of Fearing’s. It means a lot to us to have our neighbours visit regularly.

I truly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your constructive feedback regarding your stay and I hope that you will accept my apologies for the interaction with one of our managers. Please contact me directly with further details, so I may resolve the situation. Thank you again.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have never been disappointed with my stay at the Ritz in Dallas. We usually try to stay on the club level, especially when we have some time to spare. It is a splurge but if you add up happy hour, post dinner cocktails, breakfast and possibly lunch, it's not too bad. The club level is exceptional. The staff is terrific. I highly recommend the cosmopolitans. The food is always plentiful and there is usually a good selection of dishes so you will not go away hungry. The rooms are very generous in size with comfortable beds. I don't ever seem to have issue with the air conditioning yo yo that I have in other hotels. The downstairs in house restaurant could be better. I also think you meet more intersting people in the club lounge than in the bar downstairs.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Every staff I came into contact with during my stay at the Ritz provided excellent service. Often when I stay at hotels and call to housekeeping to request non-feather/down bedding due to allergies, someone will bring me the bedding and I will have to change it out myself. The staff at the Ritz changed the bedding completely for me while I was out at a meeting. I found out later that they actually have dedicated non-feather/down rooms on each floor so if a person lets the hotel know at the time of reservation or check-in you can be placed in one of these rooms. The staff assisting our group holding a meeting there were all very professional and at the top of their game - anticipating our needs before we even expressed them. The guacamologist in the lobby providing homemade guacamole with chips and sample sized margaritas was an extra special treat! All of the food I had during my time there was excellent.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

From the moment you pull up to the front entrance, the Ritz-Carlton experience begins. Everyone on staff is finely attuned to delivering top quality service, i.e. "leave your concerns at the door." To start, the lobby greets you with an ever-changing, gorgeous display of flowers. The front desk quickly squares away your arrival details, then off to a comfortable and clean room. For the premium experience, opting for a Club level room is well worth the extra splurge. The lounge has an exceptionally nice, constantly changing selection of foods and complimentary beverages. The lunchtime vegetable soups are both healthy and tremendously satisfying (don't overlook these, they are truly fantastic!) and the deserts are so well-crafted, Laduree would be honored to serve them. Since we last visited two years ago, the food has dramatically improved. And who doesn't enjoy Champagne with every meal. Robert and his warm staff make the Lounge feel like home away from home. It just doesn't get any better than this! The spa looks nice though we've never used it, and the gym is decently equipped though stronger air conditioning would be appreciated. The pool is not large and on certain days is jam-packed. Never fear, though, there is always that chilled bottle of Champagne in the lounge patiently awaiting you. At the Ritz, life is good!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My stay at the Ritz-Carlton, Dallas,TX has been quite enjoyable. The staff is extraordinarily friendly and helpful. Unlike some other Ritz's there isn't any pretentiousness that can pervade some of their hotels.I only had one problem and that was with housekeeping not cleaning the room after I called and asked them to come up while I was out. I was assured that they would be there. However, when I returned to my room nothing was done even though room service had
brought the necessary items that I needed. Because of this I am giving the hotel a 4 rather than a 5. I'll review the restaurant separately-UGH to Fearings.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business