“Favorite Hotel!!”

The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas
Ranked #3 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I must admit, I love all the Ritz-Carltons!! This one does not disappoint. it is located in the Arts District in Dallas and very close to Highland Park. The service is exemplary, the guacamole bar in the evening is great, the concierge helped in every way they could. The rooms are beautiful, traditional and very relaxing. I was there on business but stayed 2 extra nights to see my nieces and reconnect with the city. Even though it poured the entire time, it was a great trip. It has wonderful restaurant, Fearings, he was the head chef at the Mansion on Turtle Creek. a truly wonderful experience whether you are in Dallas for business, pleasure or a little of both.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I just love this hotel. From the check-in to check out,the service was exemplary. The room service was magnificent, the suite I booked was outstanding, The concierge was helpful. Had my daughter with me and she was treated like a princess. I can't say anything negative about this place. The guacamole is to die for in the lobby so recommend you try it!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Luv2travelOzzie
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed here on a recent 2-day business trip to Dallas and was delighted by the staff and accomodations at this hotel. The valet was very pleasant when I arrived, and was then assisted by the concierge when I entered the spaceous lobby. He was quick in providing me room information, and also gave me a wonderful place for dinner that wasn't part of the hotel (Perry's - phenomenal!).

The room was beautiful and spacious. The bathroom was stunning. The bathtub was separate from the shower and overlooked the pool area. The view from the rest of the room was uninspired, as there is an empty lot and construction, but it was easy enough to ignore.

Room service was so pleasant when I ordered. Nancy was the quintessential professional with a nice sense of humor. The food was delivered quickly and tasted wonderful.

I would definitely stay here again if I had the chance.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My son stayed at the hotel when the hotel was at full capacity and the hotel was unable to deliver the service levels you would expect from a five star hotel the hotel front desk was suppose to call when the room was ready on check in that call never came. We had a surprise package to be delivered upon check in well that was a huge mistake because they forgot to deliver it. On Sunday they had employee appreciation dinner the only problem they forgot they were open for business and service levels fell. I guess we will try ZaZa or Fairmount. Next time

Room Tip: Check to see if they are full if they are pivot to another five star
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WendyPA
RitzCarltonDallas, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your observations with us. I am delighted that your prior experiences have been exceptional and therefore I am even more disappointed that your son’s visit did not live up to your expectations.

Please accept our sincere apologies. I will review your concerns with our team and ensure that we adjust our processes to avoid any reoccurrence.

Please also allow us to set the record straight. Kindly contact me directly the next time you are travelling to Dallas, so I may personally make the arrangements for your visit.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We have stayed at the Dallas Ritz Carlton now for 5 years and have always had excellent service, a beautiful room and a 5 star stay in general.

The moment you come in contact with the first staff member which is generally the valets and the bellmen, you will understand what sets this property apart from all others in the Dallas area. They will greet you with a smile, quickly get your bags to your room and remember you the next time you encounter them.

The check-in process continues from there where you are met with an efficient and speedy front desk staff who will get you to what has always been a beautiful room for our family. The rooms are large, updated and always spotless. We prefer the Club Level because it is very convenient for getting breakfast quickly and it's so nice to have a private area to visit with friends or just relax outside of your hotel room.

If you need anything while in town, see Robert or Kent at the Concierge desk and you can rest assured it will be handled.

The pool area is very nice and the fitness area is extremely large with everything you could want and more. The spa is fabulous so make sure to make a reservation for a treatment ahead of time as it is very busy at certain times of year.

Fearings Restaurant is located in the lobby and is a 5 star amazing dining experience that you cannot miss while at the Ritz. Enjoy their outdoor patio, their bar or dine inside in one of the many interesting room options available. You can sit in the room in which they cook, a cozy intimate room, a wine room or the room that has the feel of a cozy sunroom. Make sure to try their best dessert in my opinion which is the Banana Pudding with Beignets!!

You cannot go wrong with this hotel and you will leave feeling you are a part of a very welcoming family!

Room Tip: Club Level is a great choice but ask for a room that does not have McKinney Avenue as a view as the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JBHAtlanta
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have been to this Ritz many times for dinner and drinks as it is around the corner from my home in Uptown and have always had a great time. I finally stayed there overnight and left completely unsatisfied. The customer service and the management is not what I would expect from a luxury hotel. Christina, the manager working that night had a horrible attitude over the phone and in person and clearly does not value her guests. It is an unfortunate event that I will not be recommending the Ritz, Dallas as a place to stay to any friends and family coming to visit.

If I do however hear that management has changed I would be open to reconsidering as I can't complain on the rooms, location and hotel bar.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
RitzCarltonDallas, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Thank you so much for your loyal patronage of Fearing’s. It means a lot to us to have our neighbours visit regularly.

I truly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your constructive feedback regarding your stay and I hope that you will accept my apologies for the interaction with one of our managers. Please contact me directly with further details, so I may resolve the situation. Thank you again.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have never been disappointed with my stay at the Ritz in Dallas. We usually try to stay on the club level, especially when we have some time to spare. It is a splurge but if you add up happy hour, post dinner cocktails, breakfast and possibly lunch, it's not too bad. The club level is exceptional. The staff is terrific. I highly recommend the cosmopolitans. The food is always plentiful and there is usually a good selection of dishes so you will not go away hungry. The rooms are very generous in size with comfortable beds. I don't ever seem to have issue with the air conditioning yo yo that I have in other hotels. The downstairs in house restaurant could be better. I also think you meet more intersting people in the club lounge than in the bar downstairs.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple