“Amazing Staff”

The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas
Ranked #4 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
“Amazing Staff”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed for the first time at this property a few months back, as we travel to Dallas for medical appointments about every three weeks. My first experience was wonderful, I have stayed at many Ritz Carlton's and have high expectations knowing the level of service that is provided and the Dallas property is no exception.

My second stay three weeks later was just as wonderful, but with just a bit of confusion in terms of an upgrade charge, but upon returning home was able to get in contact with the rewards department and therefore then a personal phone call from an assistant at the property itself to resolve the matter.

Since then this particular assistant has been the most exemplary employee at any property that I have ever had the pleasure of staying at. Andrea B. has been a pleasure to communicate with, has been available to help with any requests or questions that I have, and has just generally been a wonderful employee and person to deal with this at this property.

Andrea has gone above and beyond to help in any way she can, has gotten to to know me and my family, and exudes the service level that the Ritz Carlton brand stands for.

I have stayed on the Club Level each and every time for my stay, it is a lovely and serene place to enjoy culinary delights and drinks. Megan makes a mean dirty martini for me and each staff member remembers me by name and welcomes me back in a genuine way.

Even the bellman (Rafael in particular) and Melvin the head valet remember us and welcomes us back with a smile and helpful hand.

The rooms are very spacious and comfortable and always meticulously clean. If you have the chance to stay on the club level and in a suite, it provides additional privacy and space that is appreciated especially when traveling with children.

I always look forward to my stays here and have never been let down. Special thanks to Andrea! The Ritz Carlton is lucky to have such an amazing set of employees.

Room Tip: Club level suite is worth the splurge.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jacqueline M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed here for a romantic get-away and enjoyed our stay. We booked a package with valet parking, dinner at Fearings, breakfast and the Club level so it was a great value. The Club lounge was fantastic and food presentations were great. Some minor things-The rooftop pool is very small with a limited view. The spa is also very small but lovely. I wish there was more privacy for the nail services but absolutely loved the relaxation room. Overall this is a reliable classic option for great service in a central downtown location.

Room Tip: If staying on the Club Level ask to be away from the kitchen /dishwashing area as it is very loud an...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Boston, MA
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed 2 nights at the Dallas Ritz in mid June for a family wedding. The room was traditionally furnished and very attractive. The bed and bedding were very comfortable. The bathroom was huge, except for the toilet enclosure which was cramped. There was a glassed-in shower separate from a large bathtub. The main attraction for my 10 year old daughter was the 2d floor outdoor pool. The pool was small but had little fountains that made it more interesting and there were plenty of lounge chairs with umbrellas upon request and pool-side drink and food service. We had breakfast in the restaurant one morning. It was quite expensive ($30 per adult) but the selection and quality of food was excellent. The restaurant service was attentive to the point of being obsequious. The hotel is in a great neighborhood, just a 10 min walk from the natural history museum and with lots of restaurants in the area.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank rcbjnb
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We spent a weekend in Dallas and decided on a stay at the Ritz-Carlton. I have stayed at other four and five star hotels, so I expected a certain amount of attitude from the staff. I was so pleasantly surprised by the staff at the Ritz. They treated everyone special and with the utmost professionalism. Of specific note were Terrell, Jaron and most of all Megan in the Club Lounge. Megan couldn't have been more helpful and accommodating. She really made our visit extra relaxing. The hotel was beautiful and the rooms were luxurious. We ate at Fearing's and enjoyed the relaxing environment with good food. The Club Lounge was very comfortable and well stocked with many scrumptious sundries and drinks of all kinds. If you are looking for a great place to be treated exceptionally well by a staff that's friendly, not stuffy, this is the place!

Room Tip: Club level is the way to go!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
South Yorkshire
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Nothing was too much trouble at this lovely Dallas hotel. It takes an awful lot of work to make it look this easy. Every single member of the Team contributed to ensure an enjoyable stay. If there is a better hotel " chain" then I'd really love to know the name

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
RitzCarltonDallas, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at with us. We are very proud of our wonderful team of Ladies and Gentlemen and hope we may welcome you back again soon.
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I visited Dean Fearing's restaurant last Friday evening. I didn't have dinner, just snacks and drinks. I loved the buffalo tacos - never had a taco taste that good. We also had fried pickles - my friend loved them. Drinks were good, service was great. Definitely will be back! The hotel staff are the best!! Just what you would expect from the Ritz.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I must admit, I love all the Ritz-Carltons!! This one does not disappoint. it is located in the Arts District in Dallas and very close to Highland Park. The service is exemplary, the guacamole bar in the evening is great, the concierge helped in every way they could. The rooms are beautiful, traditional and very relaxing. I was there on business but stayed 2 extra nights to see my nieces and reconnect with the city. Even though it poured the entire time, it was a great trip. It has wonderful restaurant, Fearings, he was the head chef at the Mansion on Turtle Creek. a truly wonderful experience whether you are in Dallas for business, pleasure or a little of both.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business