“Went for drinks and appetizers”
Review of Cafe Istanbul - CLOSED

Cafe Istanbul
Price range: US$12 - US$20
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Inwood Rd.
Dallas, Texas
“Went for drinks and appetizers”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We went on a Friday afternoon and had drinks and delicious appetizers. I'm not sure how much everything was, because I arrived late and I didn't pay the bill. The server was attentive and quick to refill our empty wine glasses. Very accommodating to my 3-year-old son.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank margieandbrian2008

• Turkish first
“Love it”
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Do not miss this restaurant. Unique flavors in every course. Start with an appetizer sampler, move to a salad and don't miss the lamb. Make surf to have the bread. Everything is fresh. The staff is glad to explain any food you don't understand, so no need to be intimidated. Family, date, business -- good for all.

• Visited August 2013
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
“Delicious food and great atmosphere”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

If you are looking for the true Mediterranean restaurant experience with great food and excellent service, you will want to try Cafe Istanbul. We sat outside with friends in beautiful weather and were still able to enjoy the belly dancing. A very fun place.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Dean A
“Great food, atmosphere”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Really great atmosphere, food, and service. I would definitely recommend to those looking for quality Mediterranean/Turkish

• Visited April 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Greasy food.”
Reviewed 21 March 2013

I'm originally from the Mediterranean area and I'm familiar with what Turkish food should taste like. What we had in Café Istanbul is not it! We shared a platter of different BBQ meats (chicken, beef, lamb), with white rice. Everything was soaked in grease. The only thing I could eat was the chicken breast skewer. My husband felt sick all night (heartburn).
The owner/manager was very unpleasant. We asked to see the menu before sitting down and he acted like it was a big bother. We will not recommend this place. The Rise n 1 (across the street) is a better option with a better service.
Oh, and it is OVERPRICED.

• Visited March 2013