“Overrated” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fearing's Restaurant

Fearing's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Fearing's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 3,524 Restaurants in Dallas
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Oak Lawn
Cross street: Pearl and McKinney
Description: #1 in the U.S. (Zagat-rated 2009). Elevated American Cuisine - global flair with the unmistakable signature of one of Southwest Cuisine's founding fathers, Celebrity Chef Dean Fearing. Rare wines, outstanding cocktails and plenty of local favorites.
Grand Island, Nebraska
“Overrated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

Our meal was good, not great and we were both disappointed based upon what we had heard about Fearings. The wine list is lacking and our server had little polish yet acted like she had known us all our lives. She knew nothing about wine so there was no point even discussing what we were hoping to have with dinner. The restaurant is definitely a social scene so the people watching is good. My suggestion? Order from the bar menu outside and enjoy the show.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mingfatsai

Huntington Beach, California
“Great Food Adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

Put Fearing's on your bucket list of great restaurants in the States, orginial twist on some traditional items. You will happy you came here.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank HBCarroll
Birmingham, Alabama
“Best meal in Dallas.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

No doubt, the best meal in Dallas. Great service, fabulous food.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank csp2
Dallas, Texas
“Heaven on a plate!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

I went to fearings for their Sunday brunch with my boyfriend and it was amazing! We were going for the sole purpose trying his fried chicken but got taken away once we saw the menu. First of all three courses sat this spectacular restaurant for brunch is merely $38. That's right $38!! As soon as we saw that I assumed that was for very generous portions. Once I saw his tortilla soup on the menu I knew I needed that as my appetizer. I see why this soup won awards!! Next was the fried chicken. The portion is a leg, thigh, and breast over some mashe potatoes and green beans with this lovely creamy pepper sauce on the side. I wouldn't have had any of the sauce until I tasted it. Why wouldn't I have eaten any of the sauce? Because the chicken was so juicy and tender and just chock full of flavor! I was really surprised that it wasn't greasy at all. The dessert menu was a very difficult choice, but again a very generous portion that is probably worthy of sharing (but I didn't :-) ). This is located in the Ritz hotel so definitely a decor and ambiance that are up to the Ritz standard. I would definitely recommend this place!!!

1 Thank Beachelise
austin texas
“Sloppy.. Dress .food..service! Overcooked and greasy..l”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

All foods seemed to have a taste of old saturated grease. The appetizer of"crabcake" the size of a quarter had been sitting in grease . The accompanying "tamale" was also saturated and had some dried out meat substance.
The entree of halibut was sent back 2x... Overcooked,,, with an accompanying dish of greasy overcooked green beens.
Desert was a chocolate covered mush.,, with caramel corn on top wit BACON!!!!!!
Seriously ... People don't and never have eaten like that!!!!!
My friends salmon was fresh and perfectly cooked.... But served on a again greasy brown substance of "Ramen " noodles!!!
Not on any level enjoyable!!!
Service was not attentive ,,, not professional , and their attire was sloppy stripped shirts that looked like pajama tops!
Come on Dallas... This is not a 5 star restaurant !!!!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank designer21

Been to Fearing's Restaurant? Share your experiences!