“Just an amazing meal!!!!”

Fearing's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Fearing's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 3,740 Restaurants in Dallas
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: Southwestern
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Oak Lawn
Cross street: Pearl and McKinney
Description: #1 in the U.S. (Zagat-rated 2009). Elevated American Cuisine - global flair with the unmistakable signature of one of Southwest Cuisine's founding fathers, Celebrity Chef Dean Fearing. Rare wines, outstanding cocktails and plenty of local favorites.
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I recently traveled to Dallas on business, stayed at the Ritz, and had the distinct pleasure of dining at Fearing's. I live on the East Coast and dine out a lot in New York, Boston and Washington, D.C. and also have traveled extensively throughout the world - so I've had my share of great meals, and disappointments, in highly rated restaurants. Quite simply, Fearing's did not disappoint in any respect. The food was as good as any meal I have had anywhere and the service was absolutely perfect. The cost was pricey, but well worth it. It was terrific!

My appetizer (which I had trouble choosing from about 5 that sounded equally amazing) was sushi quality tuna, stuffed with crabmeat and very lightly pan seared and then tempura fried. It was served on a bed of shredded greens. It was one of the best combinations of flavors I have tasted in a long time. The sauces and faint essence of wasabe blended amazingly and although I'm generally not wild about the green stuff that my appetizer often sits on, I ate every last bite and then cleaned every drop of sauce. It was that good.

For the main course, I was again stymied by the array of incredible choices. But I was in Big D, so how could I NOT try the steak? While the filet and chicken fried lobster "surf and turf" sounded incredible, I ended up opting for the bone-in rib eye, grilled over live mesquite, with "West Texas Mop Sauce", cornbread pudding and tempura asparagus. I have been to the Palm, Sparks in New York, even Peter Luger's in Brooklyn. I eat a lot of red meat. This steak may have been the best EVER. The West Texas Mop Sauce really makes the dish - it is tangy and sweet, but not too sweet, with just enough to flavor the steak without drowning it. The cornbread pudding, with jalapenos, was amazing and the asparagus didn't make it back to the kitchen either. When I was done, there was a bone and a plate and I was incredibly satisfied.

I have been trying to stay away from desserts, but having gone 2-for-2 on appetizer and entree, it was worth making an exception. I had the apple dessert combo, which had three different kinds of apple-based desserts - a fried apple pie that looked like an empaneda but tasted like heaven, an apple spice cake with cream cheese icing, and a sort of apple cobbler with caramel ice cream (apologies if I didn't quite get all of that right - I ate it so voraciously that I hardly remember the details). It was the end of a perfect meal. I was stuffed.

The service was as expected at the Ritz - attentive and prompt, without being overbearing. The only thing even slightly uncomfortable was the bill - the food is pricey, but well worth the cost for a special occasion or moment when you need to pamper yourself or someone important to you.

1  Thank Ephtraveler

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Fearing's is an amazing restaurant located in the Ritz. We have eaten here several times and are always thoroughly impressed with the food, atmosphere and service. Dean Fearing and his staff are true culinary artists and genuinely love to serve. You must dine here at least once during your stay at the Ritz-Carlton, Dallas.

This is arguably the best restaurant in the Dallas area and that's saying a lot.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

When I made the reservations on OpenTable, I let them know that we were celebrating our anniversary. When we arrived, we did not have to wait for a table, and were seated in the stunning Gallery dining room. We had asked for a quiet romantic spot, and our table was tucked into the corner with a comfy loveseat that my husband and I both cuddled up on. We also received a card signed by Dean Fearing congratulating us on our anniversary and welcoming us to the restaurant.
Dean came by the table and introduced himself, and answered a few questions we had about the menu. Loved that he took the time to do this! Afterwards, he sent some complimentary shooters to the table for us - some sort of cold carrot soup with toasted pecans that was delicious! All of the food was unbelievable amazing. We started with the sampler appetizer that included mini crab cakes, enchiladas and baby tacos. They split the appetizer into two plates for us. Hubby had the buffalo tenderloin, and made yummy noises all through the meal. I had the cod with brown butter spaetzle - one of the best things I have ever tasted! Also, the bread basket that they brought out before the meal was spectacular. Loved the crispy crackers and the pretzel bread. After our meal, the waiter brought us a complimentary tiny wedding cake.
We adored our experience, and will definitely be back!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Wow was this fantastic! Starting with the kir royale which was wonderful. Our appetizers were super.....tortilla soup and the barbecued enchilada....a wonderful medley of favors. Our mains were a bone in pork chop and a texas filet with chicken fried lobster. Probably too much food but wonderful. The staff is magnificent and Chef Fearing is continually walking and visiting throughout the restaurant....which is very large. Cannot wait to come back!!

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Love the Lobster/filet combo, or the tortilla soup - 4 meals in 3 days was a bit much but great, be careful about reservations - it fills up.