“WOW!!! What an experience”

The Fairmont Dallas
Ranked #17 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 20 February 2014

WOW what an excellent experience! Tony Bennett the Valet is Wonderful, along with all the other hotel staff. First class service all the way from the minute I drove up to the front doors. Rooms are extremely clean and fresh. I stay in about 6 hotels a year and this is the best by far that I have ever stayed at. Thank you to all the employees of the Fairmont for making me feel so welcomed.

Room Tip: stayed on the 23rd floor, what a great view of the city at night
There are newer reviews for The Fairmont Dallas

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

From the moment we drove up to the front door we felt welcome and special. The lobby is busy, palacious and appointed with amazing works of art. Our room was comfortable and beautiful with a view of the city out the full length windows.
The bar is relaxing and has an interesting menu of drinks and food to offer.
Amenities abound including a ride to the Symphony Hall
Extraordinary!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Hotel bellman Tony Bennet deserves 5 stars! Thanks for all your help and attention Tony!

(repeated because trip advisor requires at least 200 characters. Silly)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
KatieNorwood, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Hello and thank you for your comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you received "five-star" service from our bellman Tony Bennett. Our hotel colleagues strive to provide guests with engaging service and Tony’s enthusiasm is a great example of that commitment. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we hope to see you again soon at The Fairmont Dallas!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

From the valet, to the check-in, our room service, our room and check-out, it was a wonderful visit, albeit short. Great location to the Arts District and close to the Meyerson. Clearly the place has been spruced up as the rooms were exquisite. It was a girls night and we were treated like royalty. Lastly we were bid farewell the next morning by the lovely Tony; what a jewel he is!!! Definitely will be back again. Thanks for the great hospitality!

S Davidson (T Wilemon)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor. We are pleased that you had the chance to experience our city-center property and that you enjoyed your stay at The Fairmont Dallas. As we are located in the heart of the Dallas Arts District, we are ideally situated for guests who will be visiting the Meyerson Symphony Center and many other venues such as the Dallas Museum of Art, the Nasher Sculpture Center and more. I am glad to hear that our hotel colleagues provided excellent service, especially Tony Bennett. He is truly a treasure among our Fairmont colleague family. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

First, I'd like to say this is a beautiful hotel in a great location. I have no complaints about the room or hotel itself.
I really wanted to give it a nice review.
However, I had a difficult time dealing with a reservation issue that could have easily been resolved but never was

I called reservations and asked about various promotions. I ended up choosing their "sleep in, stay late" deal which means you can check out at 5 pm.
I asked the lady if I could use my AAA discount with this promotion. She said yes and proceeded to get my info and book the room with the promotion.
Later I checked in and was told check out is at noon. I told the front desk guy I had booked the stay late promotion. He looked confused and was like "no, you have the AAA promotion which means free valet."
Over the phone I had never even discussed free valet since I wasn't even valeting and didn't need it. I assured him this was a mistake on reservations end but instead of correcting it he told me that "maybe" I could stay til 3 and if I found and talked to some "kid up there" he might let me stay til 5.
All this was very frustrating considering the main reason I booked this hotel was for the stay late promotion.

In the room, the mini-bar aka "refreshment center" did not have a menu so I called front desk to have them send one up. After several call backs i finally received one an hour and twenty minutes later.

The next day, despite the "privacy please" hanger on the door, housekeeping entered out room twice. Someone called to ask if we were staying another night. I said no but the promotion I booked and paid for was the stay late deal til 5 and we would leave then. Around three, another woman came up to the room banging loudly and entered the room after only a few seconds as I rushed to put my pants on.

I informed her as I had at least four other employees about the promotion I definitely booked on the phone. Seems like none of this was communicated to anyone.
She just kind of nodded and said "ok" and didn't apologize or say she would make sure we wouldn't be charged extra for late check out.

When checking out, they tried charging me for late check out. Again, I had to inform the employee about the reservation mistake on their part and she just look confused and got a manager. He came up and took off the extra charge but wasn't friendly or apologetic.

So needless to say I will not be staying at the Fairmont Dallas again. Seems like none of the employees are on the same page. I've had better customer service at a Motel 6.
I travel to DFW often, about once a week, and usually return to the nice hotels I like. I always spend a lot ordering room service and extra amenities. So this is their loss.
And btw, the in-room dining was very mediocre.
There are better options out there.
Shame for such a pretty hotel with nice rooms and views.

• Stayed: February 2014
KatieNorwood, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay at The Fairmont Dallas. We are very disappointed to hear that your experience was neither convenient nor satisfactory. On behalf of our team, I would like to extend our sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. It seems that there was a miscommunication regarding the package booking, which is not indicative of the level of service the hotel typically provides. I have shared your experience with our hotel leadership team so that these issues will be directly addressed. Again, we are very disappointed that your experience did not meet expectations and that your sleep was disrupted. Our team will be in contact to discuss the experience further. We hope to have the opportunity to be of service to you in the future. Thank you again for sharing.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

From the time of check-in where Cortez demonstrated great service and professionalism to departure, the entire staff exhibited true hospitality, dedication and assistance. Room was spacious and provided all necessary amenities for conducting business.Only regret-2 night stay.

1  Thank 2barroc
Reviewed 8 February 2014

My wife and I stayed here and got upgrade to a suite. The suite was beautiful, the hotel was great and the service was wonderful. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone in the Dallas area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for providing your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated suites and that your stay was pleasant. We appreciate you choosing The Fairmont Dallas. We greatly look forward to your next visit!