“Nice hotel in the arts district”

The Fairmont Dallas
Ranked #17 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for the ACS convention. Immaculate hotel. Friendly staff. Gold level has free wifi which was a plus. The bed was, maybe, a touch lumpy, but that's the worst thing I could say. The shower more than made up for that. Hotel is walking distance to great restaurants and shops and the Art Museum is right across the street. Highly recommend.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
KatieNorwood, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Hello and thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. We are very pleased to hear that you had a positive experience with your stay on our exclusive Fairmont Gold level. I am glad that you enjoyed our city-center location in the downtown Dallas Arts District. The Fairmont Dallas is located steps from the Nasher Sculpture Center and the Dallas Museum of Art, the Perot Museum of Nature & Science, shopping and fine dining. Thank you again for your comments. We hope to see you again at The Fairmont Dallas very soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,172)

Reviewed 21 March 2014

This is a massive hotel - two towers - so the staff clearly appreciates efficiency and there was no wait to check in or check out. The rooms were very spacious and clean, and the location is extremely convenient to downtown Dallas. The continental breakfast options (healthy, Southern, etc.) were very good but wildly overpriced ($34 for a smoothie, an omelet, and toast - in Texas?) and the internet has a hefty charge. Also, there were a couple minor kinks (for example, I never got my scheduled wakeup call). Generally, however, the hotel was nice and I would probably stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
KatieNorwood, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Hello and thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed our spacious, newly renovated guest rooms. As you mentioned, the hotel's city-center location is ideal for experiencing downtown, Uptown and the Dallas Arts District. For future visits, I would like to suggest enrolling in Fairmont President's Club. It is free to join and the program offers many perks, including complimentary internet access. We truly thank you for your feedback and hope you will visit The Fairmont Dallas again.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

The Fairmont is a lovely hotel, the rooms are a good size and clean. The beds were great and the service excellent. The location is very good, within walking distance of the Dallas Museum of Art, the Perot Museum and some excellent restaurants. What you do need to know is they charge extra for everything - internet is over $15 a day. No coffee pot in the room, if you want a morning cup of coffee you must order room service or head downstairs. Even a bottle of water in the room is $7.50. So while the hotel is large and lovely be prepared for all those extras.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

This hotel truly delivered! It made my stay in Dallas all the more enjoyable. I went with my brother for the recent UFC 171 event and we stayed for 4 nights from Thursday to Monday, I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay and the location was perfect. The service was great! all the fairmont employees were very attentive, and always making sure we were getting looked after a few names that stand out were Joseph, Warren, Julie @ the Pyramid bar is awesome! I really loved that Pyramid bar! it was our spot to hang and kick it with the bartenders, Rita too! she's so cool. I must say that the bartending service was prompt and they always came around to see if there was anything more we needed, it's really a refreshing change from what we are normally used to since it feels like at other places we have to always get their attention but not the case with this hotel and I felt so relaxed, their burgers were awesome too! tried them for 2 days in a row, just ordered them and took them up to the hotel room, I really loved how they packaged it for us to go with plenty of condiments very rad! So without a doubt I'll defintely come back to this hotel upon my next visit to Dallas, thanks for making me feel right at home guys! I've also recently become a president club member since my brother is one (can't let him get all the perks lol) and I plan to visit other Fairmont locations for sure but it's gonna be hard to top this one! So, if you're truly thinking about staying here then think no further, it's a greatly situated place, such comfortable setting and atmosphere is refreshing with honest good working people.

Oh and props on the Valet service too! always parked and brought out our rental on time, I would also strongly advise if your staying in the area for a few days to rent a car you can't go wrong! the driving was unbelievably easy in the downtown area you would think it would be cluttered but honestly there was no traffic anywhere I was like this can't be real! Head out to Main St for some good bars/food and also Mckinney Ave. as well they have some nice pubs everything was so close loved it!

Lastly, the room was two queens room, this was our concern initially because when we booked it was just for one bed and my brother and I weren't gonna have that lol so we were so happy that they were able to quickly hook us up with two queen beds AWESOME! and the room was very cozy and I really liked the art pieces. I was up on the 17th floor lovely view of the city it was just perfect *tear

UNTIL THE NEXT TIME! just the trip my brother and I needed.. thanks for the wonderful memories hope to see ya'll soon!

Oswald

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This visit was a business trip and the hotel filled the bill exceptionally well. It is very clean, very modern and as would be expected upscale. This is a great hotel. There were a fit nit picks if you will, I always detest paying for internet service in a hotel. Also, for some reason the hot water had a low pressure in the evening, not the morning, and I had a difficult time getting the shower warm enough of the evening. The fitness center is clean and has very modern equipment, but not overly large. It is open 24 hours per day.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

My husband, two grandchildren, and I stayed at The Fairmont Dallas during the children's Spring Break. The hotel is located perfectly for visits to the Perot Museum, Dallas Aquarium, Dallas Museum of Art, and Klyde Warren Park. The children loved experiencing room service and The Fairmont Gold Lounge for snacks and breakfast. The breakfast was wonderful with an assortment of delicious breakfast foods. The staff at the hotel were gracious and helpful, and we would love to return.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Hello and thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent Spring Break stay at The Fairmont Dallas. We are very happy to hear that you had a positive experience with your stay on our exclusive Fairmont Gold level, including the complimentary breakfast. I am glad that you enjoyed our city-center location in the downtown Dallas Arts District. The Fairmont Dallas is located steps from the Nasher Sculpture Center and the Dallas Museum of Art, the Perot Museum of Nature & Science, shopping and fine dining. Thank you again for your comments. We hope that your family will return again soon!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We experienced some accumulative (and unfortunate) issues the first day we arrived, but to the credit of (Fairmont Gold) management, they were able to resolve these issues, and assure us that our Fairmont experience would be to our expectations - and they were. After day 1, we had a very enjoyable experience, and must complement Fairmont Gold management for their professionalism, customer service, & general hospitality. The Fairmont Gold experience was excellent, and the staff were very courteous & customer focused.

Room Tip: We stayed in Fairmont Gold, and had the benefit of an excellent room on L18 (facing west, with easy...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello and thank you very much for providing your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you experienced inconveniences with your arrival. I am happy that our Fairmont Gold team resolved the issues and that you enjoyed the rest of your stay at The Fairmont Dallas. Our hotel colleagues strive to provide exceptional, warm service for all guests. Thank you again for your comments. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Dallas!