I travel fairly extensively. I have stayed in many different hotels/ brands, etc. This is a beautiful facility but given the price point, will not be on my personal list of hotels.
Overall it isn't a bad experience but there was not real flare to drive the price point upward to over $200 a night. I asked because I plan on taking the wife and kids on a weekend getaway in May. Standard rate was $208. The location is decent, rooms are nice enough, and staff is professional as expected but all of this is readily available in a Marriot Chain and a much lower price point.
The sleep quality was good, the hotel was fairly quiet (given there was a nationals volley ball tournament in town). However, I did miss out on an upgrade that was offered to my senior colleague, after I booked a room for him (Omni was sold out). That was gravely disappointing. That same upgrade was never offered to me... and I would have taken it given it was a corporate funded stay. My room, 1020 was clean and in good shape. There were a few little hiccups in the room but nothing worth the complaint.
Some of the staff are a bit pushy. I know they depend on tips as well as their income but I am able to lift my own bag. I started taking the west entrance to keep from having some try and call a taxi every time I walked out the door.
Overall, not a keeper for me. I'm sure there is a market for hotels such as this but this will not be a personal choice.
* Beautiful Lobby
* Polite People
* Decent Location (Near Several Museums)
* Price point is my major hitch. I cannot justify $208 a night in this facility. It simply did not do enough to set itself apart for this price point.
* Room would get warm in the afternoon and the cooling was very inconsistent.
* Inconsistent hot water.
* "Eager" help staff. If you tip, as you should, this adds up FAST!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Texas we do things in a big way, and The Fairmont Dallas is no exception amongst hotels in Dallas, TX. In this modern city of soaring skyscrapers, The Fairmont Dallas luxury hotel sets the standard for style and elegance. With our ideal location in the heart of the Downtown Dallas Arts District, we are situated just moments from incredible fine dining, shopping, arts and world-class entertainment. Newly redesigned luxurious guest rooms and suites offer warm hospitality, modern décor and that special Texas flair for an unrivaled travel experience. Fairmont Gold, an exclusive boutique lifestyle experience, is designed to fulfill the needs of the discerning business executive and leisure traveler, with elite lounge access and all of the comforts of home. Enjoy The Pyramid Restaurant & Bar’s four-star cuisine and a Starbucks conveniently located on the lobby level. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Fairmont Dallas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Dallas Hotel Dallas
- Fairmont Dallas
- Dallas Fairmont