“Love it”

The Fairmont Dallas
Ranked #17 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My husband and I always stay in the fairmont hotels and this one did not disappoint. The rooms were lovely with a cool Texas feel. The buffet breakfast has everything you need to start your day! The staff are friendly and the hotel is in the perfect location! The only reason I didn't give the hotel an excellent was because we upgraded to the suit , the bedroom and living room was huge but the bathroom was teeny but that is me being really picky!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
KatieNorwood, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. We thank you for your loyalty in choosing Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, and we are pleased that you enjoyed your first time at The Fairmont Dallas. I am glad to hear that our hotel colleagues provided excellent service and that you enjoyed our city-center location in the downtown Dallas Arts District. We hope to see you again at The Fairmont Dallas very soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,144)

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Hotel lobby, restaurant, and bar all very nice. Nice location convenient to musuems, park, trolley, etc
Room was nothing special but not bad. Spacious and nice sized closet.However air conditioner did not work well at all. Had it down to 64 degrees and still not cool. Woke up hot at night. And there was a water noise in the wall at all times.
Also granted checkout was busy it took 45 minutes to get car from valet. The so called system of putting keys in a box and not in any order is not timely and efficient. Lastly will need to call hotel tomorrow to have them credit me for breakfast the last morning as it wasn't on bill yet at checkout. They billed it to my card even when I had breakfast included. The first day was taken care of fine. Just something to hassle with that hotel should have noticed before charging. Also bill given under door didn't include the $50 credit that was included in my rate so had to request that to be put on. Just little hassles to deal with. Maybe if the ac worked properly and I didn't have to wait for my car for so long these things wouldn't bother me so much.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights due to business meetings nearby. The rooms were fantastic - classic elegance, clean, spacious, appointed with top shelf amenities. The staff were so friendly and helpful, especially our doorman Tony, who was extremely helpful in arranging cabs or anything we needed at a moment's notice. The location is very central to everything downtown, and within walking distance to the West End. I would love to stay here any time in Dallas.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much for sharing your comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, and that Tony Bennett truly helped to make your stay special. Our colleagues are dedicated to providing guests with warm, engaging service, and Tony’s enthusiasm is a great example of that commitment. I am glad that you enjoyed our ideal location in the Dallas Arts District, as we are located steps from the Nasher Sculpture Center and the Dallas Museum of Art, the Perot Museum of Nature & Science, and very near the West End, shopping and fine dining. Thank you again for providing your feedback and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

And the devil had it's way at my recent stay at the Fairmont. The designer finishes were absolutely stunning and very high end, but my room seemed warm and engineering came up to work on the AC. I should have switched rooms...I was hot all night long...even with the $20 box fan (provided by housekeeping) blowing on me. The next morning I discovered that the toliet wasn't flushing properly and asked to be moved. The staff was extremely accommodating to my request, and the AC and toilet worked well in my new room. It's too bad the mattress was hard and lumpy and that there was only ONE reachable electrical outlet in the entire room....where do you plug in your devices???

Good air conditioning, properly flushing toilets, comfortable mattresses, and reachable electrical outlets are basic requirements in even the least expensive hotels. Expensive designer finishes don't make up for these details.

I won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We would like to extend our sincere apologies for the inconveniences experienced with the air conditioning system and guest room during your stay. We are very disappointed that your visit did not meet your expectations. I will share your experience with our hotel leadership team to ensure that these issues are properly addressed. I would like to note that all guest rooms have electrical outlets located on the side of the bedside lamps to ensure convenient access. I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

The Fairmont Dallas is a fantastic place to stay if you want to be downtown. It's within easy walking distance of the Arts District and all of the activities going on there. It's a beautiful hotel with great rooms and good views of the city.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 9 June 2014

A convenient location, at a very good hotel, at a reasonable price. I was attending a conference at the hotel and found both my own room and the conference facilities to be very good.

I arrived on a Sunday and is the case with Dallas there was not much going on. The hotel is a reasonable walking distance from a vareity of restaurant selections.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent conference visit. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your guest room accommodations. For future visits, I would like to note that in addition to walking, the nearby McKinney Avenue trolley offers complimentary transportation to exciting dining and entertainment in Uptown and West Village. There is a trolley stop located one block from the hotel. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to see you again at our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

This hotel was very central to attractions, it was really lovely, bedroom was so comfortable & big, breakfast was really good, the pool area was great as well & the staff looked after us so well with water & snacks as we arrived there. But the biggest thing about this hotel was Phillip he treated myself & hubby like we were royalty, we were made to feel so special. Every hotel should have staff like Phillip we were amazed how he tried to make our trip so special,also Tony was great sorting us out with trips & local restaurants, and Janet at the shop was so helpful and sweet to us. We would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to feel special for a while.

Room Tip: We had a room looking onto the pool, air conditioner wasn't too loud but worked great.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Colette D

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments. We are very glad that your stay was truly special! I am happy that your guest room accommodations were comfortable and spacious and that Philip and Tony with our guest services team ensured that you and your husband feel "like royalty" and provided helpful recommendations for local spots. Our hotel colleagues have a passion for providing warm, engaging service. I will share your kind words with Philip, Tony, Janet and the rest of our team. Thank you again for providing your feedback, and we hope that you will visit The Fairmont Dallas again very soon!