“Loved the Fairmont” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Chester, United Kingdom
“Loved the Fairmont”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Fairmont for 2 nights. The location was fantastic and we found it easy to walk to all of Dallas' downtown attractions from her (6th floor museum, pioneer plaza, west end, etc.). More importantly we felt safe walking in the vicinity of the hotel at night which is something we hadn't felt at other locations in Dallas. The hotel itself was beautiful and felt very luxurious. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2010

My fiance and I were in Dallas for her work conference held at the Fairmont. I had high expectations based on the reviews I read and research that I did before arriving. I am happy to say that not only were my expectations met, they were exceeded from the moment we checked in until we checked out.

We arrived around noon to check in and the woman at the check-in desk informed us that since they were still cleaning the rooms, our king bed room wasn't available at that time. She gave us the option of waiting or she could assign us a queen sized bed room. We decided to wait for the king and she took our cell number and promised to call as soon as the room was ready but then said "Let me check one more time" and found us a king room. She did all of this with a smile on her face and a great attitude. She also gave directions to local attractions and places to eat and was more than happy to answer our many questions.

We arrived at the room, which was nestled in the corner of the hallway, and found the room to be clean and spacious. The bathroom was good sized but only one sink but since my fiance and I were on different schedules, that wasn't a problem for us, though it might be for other couples. A desk with two chairs was convenient as both of us brought our laptops and needed to work at the same time. A mini bar refrigerator and plamsa HD TV rounded out the room.

Heading out to lunch, we encountered a doorman/bell hop that asked us if we needed help. That was the theme of our stay: all employees were pleasent extremely willing to help. He directed us to a great BBQ place and gave us tips for getting around Dallas.

Overall, our stay was great. The bed was comfy, housekeeping did an excellent job keeping the room clean. The staff was helpful and available.

The only complaint I have is that the prices for drinks at the gift shop were outrageous. Ten dollars for a water and soda. The drinks at the bar were pricey too but I expected that. However, those are minor complaints and I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

The hotel is close to the DART rail system, the West End district, the Kennedy Assassination site, American Airlines Arena and the Dallas Art Museum. There are several restaurants within walking distance as well so it is very centrally located.

Ny, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2010

I stayed at this hotel for two days while in Dallas for business. As a President's Club member I was given the option to upgrade to a suite for a nominal fee, which I happily accepted. Also, anyone who is a President's Club member (free to enroll) receives free in-room internet access--so it is very worthwhile to sign up! The room was clean and spacious, on a high floor overlooking downtown. Since I was on a Gold floor, I had access to the Gold Lounge where I was able to have breakfast as well as light snacks, and coffee and other beverages throughout my stay. This was one of the most comfortable and more high-end stays I have had while traveling on business. I will certainly be returning to Dallas and look forward to staying at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2010

The Fairmont is an elegant hotel with friendly and helpful, staff. The rooms are spacious and have extremely comfortable beds. There is a very nice terrace with swimming pool, shady seating areas and a herb garden - this was the highlight of the hotel for me - the perfect place to relax.
The hotel is situated in the Downtown area of Dallas and is convenient for the Dart train and the McKinney Trolley - making visiting different areas of the city easy. The historic area and arts district are in easy walking distance - including the JFK museum which is well worth a visit.
The hotel breakfast was quite expensive but the YMCA round the corner did a good burrito, freshly squeezed juice and delicious yoghurt smoothies. There is also a Starbucks on the corner of the hotel.
There are few shops and cafes nearby because of the nature of the business area and this was the only slight downside to our stay.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

A friendly staff greeted us. The hotels was super clean and in a prime location of Dallas. Shopping and attractions were near the hotel and good food was all around. Soft pillows and a soft bed as well. I highly recommend The Fairmont Hotel. Price paid for 1 evening $130

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Toowoomba, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2010

Great personal service and friendly staff. I would gladly come back.

Salem OR
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2010

The hotel was very nice! It had one of the most comfortable beds I've ever had the pleasure of sleeping in. The only problem with this hotel was the waiting staff at the lounge, which I was basically forced to eat at due to lack of restaurants in the area. Every single time I ate at the restaurant, the wait staff did not get my order right. The people at the front desk were not really on top of things either. As we were to have a special group rate for our business conference. When we checked in they didn't even know what we were talking about. It was a lovely hotel but don't expect anyone who works there to know anything and order the simplest food that couldn't be screw up. Although they did screw up a hamburger and fries....

• 2 of 5 bubbles