“Great hotel, very attentive staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Fairmont Dallas
Ranked #17 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersGold level
Sun Peaks, Canada
“Great hotel, very attentive staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2010

I've stayed here numerous times, and I must say I've never been disappointed in the staff. They are well trained, courteous, and prompt. The hotel is always clean and well organized, and the food is excellent. The only thing that I think would improve it would be some updating, as some of the rooms are looking a little tired.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FairmontDallas, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Dallas, responded to this review, 14 January 2011
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the hotel. I am thrilled to hear that on all of your visits you have received excellent service from our staff. We are absolutely dedicated to providing our guests with experiences that are authentically local and engaging service.
While there are no plans in the immediate future for renovations, we are continually making improvements to the property.

Thank you again and on behalf of the entire staff, we look forward to your next visit.

Warm regards,
Hotel Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
Simmesport, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2010

We stayed here for a short weekend getaway and this was by far the best hotel that I've been too..The service was 2nd to none..Every aspect of this hotel is great from the beds to the bar!! Its location is also great..It is located next to many of Dallas's attractions..(Mckinney Ave., Historic West End, American Airlines Arena).

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2010

The accomodations were lovely and the beds were especially comfortable. It was a pleasure to stay at this hotel. Also, the hotel's restaurant was wonderrful!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2010

I went to Dallas this past July for business. The Fairmont was highly recommended. The hotel was great but a little outdated. The rooms could use some updating. I was able to spend some time by the pool which was great. The location of the hotel was perfect. A few steps from the hotel is an M-line stop. The M-Line is a free trolley service. I used it almost everyday to go to uptown. The service at the hotel was great. The only thing that I didn't really like about the hotel was its fancy restaurant. The food wasn't that great and it was very pricey. Overall when I go back to Dallas I am going to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank jenmarley36
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2010

Hotel staff leaves room service carts in the hallways overnight, so I guess it should be no surprise when a Texas-sized roach ran into my bathroom. Pretty grossed out and couldn't sleep that night. Location is convenient but cleanliness is more important.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced at the hotel. What you experienced is not representative of our property; we take this feedback very seriously and have addressed the issue with our housekeeping manager as well as the In-Room Dining staff. Both teams are aware of the situation and will be sure to ensure this does not happen in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback. We strive to provide service that excels guest expectations and will work hard to make sure that is exactly what we deliver.

Warm regards,
Hotel Management
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Fairmont for 2 nights. The location was fantastic and we found it easy to walk to all of Dallas' downtown attractions from her (6th floor museum, pioneer plaza, west end, etc.). More importantly we felt safe walking in the vicinity of the hotel at night which is something we hadn't felt at other locations in Dallas. The hotel itself was beautiful and felt very luxurious. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2010

My fiance and I were in Dallas for her work conference held at the Fairmont. I had high expectations based on the reviews I read and research that I did before arriving. I am happy to say that not only were my expectations met, they were exceeded from the moment we checked in until we checked out.

We arrived around noon to check in and the woman at the check-in desk informed us that since they were still cleaning the rooms, our king bed room wasn't available at that time. She gave us the option of waiting or she could assign us a queen sized bed room. We decided to wait for the king and she took our cell number and promised to call as soon as the room was ready but then said "Let me check one more time" and found us a king room. She did all of this with a smile on her face and a great attitude. She also gave directions to local attractions and places to eat and was more than happy to answer our many questions.

We arrived at the room, which was nestled in the corner of the hallway, and found the room to be clean and spacious. The bathroom was good sized but only one sink but since my fiance and I were on different schedules, that wasn't a problem for us, though it might be for other couples. A desk with two chairs was convenient as both of us brought our laptops and needed to work at the same time. A mini bar refrigerator and plamsa HD TV rounded out the room.

Heading out to lunch, we encountered a doorman/bell hop that asked us if we needed help. That was the theme of our stay: all employees were pleasent extremely willing to help. He directed us to a great BBQ place and gave us tips for getting around Dallas.

Overall, our stay was great. The bed was comfy, housekeeping did an excellent job keeping the room clean. The staff was helpful and available.

The only complaint I have is that the prices for drinks at the gift shop were outrageous. Ten dollars for a water and soda. The drinks at the bar were pricey too but I expected that. However, those are minor complaints and I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

The hotel is close to the DART rail system, the West End district, the Kennedy Assassination site, American Airlines Arena and the Dallas Art Museum. There are several restaurants within walking distance as well so it is very centrally located.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business