“Unique boutique hotel”

Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown
Ranked #40 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
“Unique boutique hotel”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

This place reminds me of seaside Pavilion. Thought I would be bothered by all the blue, but it was actually a really nice place to stay. The room we had was a suite and very nice. The bathrooms could have been a little nicer.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Tom T-Thank you for taking time to comment. We appreciate your opinion.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Louisiana
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Friendly and helpful staff made every effort to serve and accommodate. The shuttle service was an added plus. From check-in, valets (Michael is great!), food service we were greeted and taken care of. The rooms need refreshing and I know they are planning that this year. My only concern was the noise from the room next to mine. We stayed during Dallas Market and the ladies next door stayed up quite late and I was able to hear them through ear plugs. I did not get the rest I needed so I left a day early. The walls are thin and there are hard floors in the rooms, not carpet. Otherwise, a great stay.

Room Tip: Most rooms have adjoining doors so this might be part of the noise issue....
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Dear livoniagal,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the noise from other guests prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We appreciate your kind comments for the staff as well as the high scores for Service and Value. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Seattle
Reviewed 10 February 2014

First the good - the bed was very comfortable and the room was very quiet for being next to the elevator. Usually we hear doors closing and people walking down the hall, but maybe we lucked out and got a corner room because we heard nothing. They also have a free shuttle service to take you anywhere within a 3 miles radius. And my wife appreciated the Aveda products. That was the good. Now let's talk about the bad, which is more important.

1) Housecleaning never cleaned our room the 1st night. Well I take that back, they knocked on our door at 10am even though we had the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door. We told them to come back in a half hour. They never did. We came back at 6pm and our room still wasn't made. I called housecleaning and no one picked up, and so I left a message to have our room cleaned. We came back at midnight and room still wasn't made

2) We asked for a late checkout (from noon to 1pm) since I was Platinum. They said they were full and couldn't accommodate. I don't see what the purpose is of having status if you can't even ask for a late checkout. Even if the entire hotel checked out at noon, there's no way they have over 100 house cleaners to clean all 100+ rooms at EXACTLY noon. Seriously? You couldn't clean the other 2-3 rooms on our hall first and then come back to us at 1pm? Priority Club, your status means nothing.

Here's a tip on parking - valet is $20 for in and out. There is a garage next door for $12 overnight, but no in-and-out. The funny thing is that the sign says an attendant is only on duty M-F 8 to 8. We left our hotel on Saturday at around noon, and there was an attendant to collect our $12. We came back at 3PM and no attendant. If we were to leave, you'd just pay the machine $5. And he was there again on Sunday at noon. I think he works Sat-Sun until 1PM or so to collect the $12 from hotel guests instead of $5 from the random parkers. So if you want to pay $5 instead of $12, just leave after the attendant leaves.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank vinhnn
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear vinhnn,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chariton, Iowa
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Very nice hotel. Very helpful and friendly people. Everyone who works there went above and beyond to make sure we were enjoying ourselves. Enjoyed the cafe, good food at reasonable prices. Looking forward to our visit next year.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
ftp2andco-Thank you for the kind words. It is appreciated.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My stay started off great when I was greeted by the nices valet guy. Then check in was a breeze Jordan was outstanding. Her and her co worker remained professional as one of the guest were being rude to them. These girls remained calmed and professional the whole time with smiles on there face. This in return made me feel even more like a welcomed guest and not just another guest. The rooms were cozy and comfy. My stay was nice. From valet, (sorry i didnt remember his name when he told me) to front desk Jordan and her co worker oh yes not to forget the IRD runner he was the best! Actually they all were great. The rooms 100% cozy.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
ElaineL-Thank you for the kind words. They will be shared with staff. Jordan is new to the hotel business, but a great addition to our team.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Check in was a breeze. I got upgraded to a king suite for being an IHG Priority Gold Member. They also give members a coupon for a certain percentage off anything in the restaurant for the duration of your stay (gold members get 25% off). My room was great, but I had NO view, and housekeeping leaves a little to be desired. It was nothing major, but there was dust in certain places and the windows could use a cleaning. I really rated this property "Excellent" based upon the value at the restaurant. The prices on the menu aren't high, and with the priority club discount, they were excellent. The servers are magnificent. They are courteous, and do their jobs well. I stayed here four nights, and sampled several selections on the breakfast and dinner menus. I was never disappointed. The quality of the food far exceeded the price I paid, and everything was prepared perfectly to order. The downtown Dallas area has some of the best restaurants in the U.S., but I was never tempted to go anywhere else during this stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors help mitigate noise from the street.
1 Thank Houston N
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Thank you for the review. I will share with the restaurant staff.
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I only stayed here for two nights in September before travelling back from Texas to London. The hotel was very welcoming and the room was very clean. It was a great location for exploring the Dallas Downtown with everything within walking distance. The food was OK but a bit expensive. However, this is usually the case with hotel food. If I were to return back to Dallas I would probably stay here again (good room price for one person). If you're looking for a big room (which I've found most American hotels provide) this probably isn't the hotel for you. For me it was great but because it is an older building the rooms were a bit 'cosy'. For two people it may be a little tight. The rooms were well presented and had a fun theme with the bright colours and flowers which I appreciated. Overall, if you're travelling on your own and want a comfortable place to stay in which to explore the city this is a great hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for the kind words.