“Great Hotel - Great Location”

Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown
Ranked #32 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Loved this hotel. room was very very nice - clean and light, good bed too- microwave and fridge in room - good amanitas. would stay here again..........................................................

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

ShaneF-Thank you.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I've stayed at this hotel many times. It's by far the most convienent to my work location, so I stay loyal. It's not bad. Clean and comfortable, good beds, and good service generally. The perks for being "platinum" are nice - free breakfast, free drink from the bar, upgrade to suite when available. I've also generally been able to get a fridge and microwave when I asked. But it has some issues. Previously I've had the biggest problems with the computers and printers when I needed to print my presentation at night. My room this time is very cramped with two double beds. There's barely room for the desk. The lighting, as always, is awfully dim for working, and this time I asked for an extra desk lamp. That helps. I'm glad I don't want to watch TV though, because the TV is small, wall mounted, and the wall it's mounted on would make it almost impossible to watch from the beds. The only place to watch it from is the desk chair. Both the cramped desk and the TV situation are a result of trying to cram two beds in a room better designed for one. They could have put the TV on a swing bracket - that would have helped. I've also had issues with the impossiblty of adjusting the thermostat. It's not miserable, but you can't seem to adjust it above 70, which feels to me more like 68 - cooler than I'd like. I've been told that's the design and they can't change it.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the larger rooms, and ask for a fridge and micro if you want it. This is a rehab of...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

ReaC-Thank you for taking time to review. I will share your comments with ownership. If you are coming in the future, feel free to contact me directly ahead of time. I would like to make sure you get in a room that fits your needs. We appreciate you as a guest. Mike Owen-GM

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Sadly this was the last of the hotels we stayed in so it had a lot to live up to compared to the Radisson and Omni we had used during the week.
As a result I was disappointed with the size of the room, no water provided, and general decor.
It was in a good location and parking right opposite for just $12.
I would choose to stay here again but convenient for our one night need.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Howard Southampton-Thank you.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We went for a Saturday through Monday stay. The room decor is cute; yellow and blue are the main accents of the rooms. There is a mini fridge, microwave, and coffee pot in the room. It is a bit different than some hotels. The closet was in the bathroom and was covered by a curtain. There was a door to the room to the sink area and a door to the rest of the bathroom and there was only one light switch for both. The bed was pretty comfy. The lobby has a restaurant and some convenience snacks available. I really enjoyed the orange water near the elevator. We used the gym and it was adequate. There was someone cleaning as we arrived but there was not a sanitation area to clean up after each use. There is valet parking in the garage across the street for $10 a day. They were pretty quick about getting our car each time.

Room Tip: There were rooms right across from the elevator so I would make sure to avoid that.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Shaunalynn250-Thank you for the review. It is appreciated.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

My family and I really enjoyed staying at the Indigo Dallas Hotel. Upon arriving at the hotel, the color scheme and decor provided a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere. The hotel is a registered Texas landmark, that was interesting to me. The hotel maintains some of the interesting characteristics of its earlier days as a Hilton hotel. The room was bright and the decor had a beachy slant to it. The downtown location was only a couple of blocks from a DART rail stop. We traveled on the DART train to the Bush Library. Since it was spring break, I noticed several families riding the train to the Dallas Zoo. We road the DART system back to the Dallas Arts District. It is an easy walk from the Arts District to the Hotel. I saw several places to dine within walking distance of the hotel. The only negative thing about our room, was the adjoining door to the room next to ours. It provided little sound insulation from the guest next door. So we got to hear a little too much of a sales reps. interaction with his office at 1:30 AM. Every member of the hotel staff we encountered were pleasant and personable.

Room Tip: An adjoining room door in your room, may let you be more involved in your neighbors business than yo...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

MacJ-I am glad you enjoyed what Dallas has to offer. The trains along with our free downtown shuttle make it easy to get around. Have a nice week.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stayed here for a week this month. My primary impressions are the smallest room I recall staying in (and I've stayed in some cheap hotels) and spartan furnishings. I've never seen a hotel room with no drawers and the only shelf the one above the rod in a closet. Also only a ring and four pegs to hang towels. (That's not so unusual.) No place to store clothes. I guess I'm supposed to hang everything in the closet.

The bed was comfortable for me, but I'm not real picky about that. I did have a mini-fridge and microwave. The bathroom was reasonable sized and counter space was good. The light was bright enough to shave, but not quite positioned well for working directly under my chin.

I had a connecting door which was no barrier to noise. I was talking to my wife on the phone in normal tones when the front desk called to tell me the people next door had complained about my "noise." In one sense, I don't blame them because I could hear them talking also, but it is a bit of a problem.

The wifi was good in that I appreciated having one signin work for the week instead of being interrupted at bad times to refresh my signin. Unfortunately the speed varied from a little faster than my 4G LTE phone to as low as 1.5 megabits per second each way.

The thermostat indicated it had a motion sensor, but they had it set so that the temperature did not get out of hand while I was motionless sleeping. The change was at most one degree.

Location was OK. I was attending events at the Sheraton convention center which was a bit over a 5-min walk. There are some restaurants about 3 blocks away.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Nebular_Novice-Thanks for taking the time to write. A refresh of the property is coming soon. I will share your comments with the ownership group. Have a great week.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Thank you Hotel Indigo!!! My family of 4 headed to Dallas for a mini vacay. The staff at the hotel were exceptional, from the valet-to the front desk- to the hotel restaurant. The front desk staff were very knowledgeable about the how to's and where to go's. The valet staff were very helpful with directions and also knew the best route to take due to excessive traffic. The valet even went out into the pouring rain to retrieve a bag that we left in our car. The hotel restaurant staff were very cheerful and cracked a few jokes here and there. The food and drinks were excellent. The beds were comfortable. The hotel over all has sense of nostalgia. You can tell that they have updated the hotel ---a kinda "facelift' but have kept the old wood carved ceilings and walls. I can appreciate the history this hotel must have. Really I can't say enough positive things about this hotel. When I return to downtown Dallas, I will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

dmcoleman04-Very kind words I will share with staff. Thank you.