Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dallas-Love Field (Medical Center)
Ranked #125 of 204 Hotels in Dallas
amarillo
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed four nights with our two little doggies. The room was clean, spacious, loved it. The breakfast was always delicious. There is a sign that says not to take food to your room or there might be an extra cleaning fee, to be perfectly honest most hotels with hot breakfast have signs that say do not take food back to your room period. I don't see any problem with this type of sign, maybe they should just reword it a little that says don't do it period. The staff was extra nice, friendly, and sensitive to the fact my husband is slightly disabled with his back. They gave us a room right near the exit door, this helped us with getting our luggage in and out. the hotel is very near a whole bevy of restaurants, right down the street past the expressway. Also very near a Chevron station, which by the way had a very nice person working there. The hotel was quiet, restful. I don't know why people say it is outdated, I like the decor on the first floor, never went beyond that. I don't know of any hotel that is perfect, I don't believe the reviews people post that are negative, I think they just people with a bone to pick. Our dogs barked when we left for the evening meal and not once did the staff complain. I know the day manager walks the hallways checking on things, I like that. It is gated and locked, and I love that also. I don't care what TV stations are available, I don't go to a hotel to watch TV. The hotel was halfway between every where we wanted to go, that was a bonus. Give this hotel a try and see for yourself.

Room Tip: Let them know of any disabilities you have, or special needs.
1 Thank Foodloveralso

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Texas
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

The staff are very friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The room setup was unique but not bad. Before I start with the cons, let me first say that I would probably stay here again. It was a decent room at a fair price. In my opinion this hotel was good, but could very easily be very good. The room seemed to need a little TLC. There were scuff marks on the walls and a dirty handprint. Small things that are easy to fix, but look tacky in my opinion. I really like it when hotels have HD channels in the room. This one did not with the exception of a few local channels. The other channels were analog (but had a lot of channels). The main lobby area was very nice but the hallways need to be updated. I felt like the hallway on my floor was a little dark. Someone had dumped a lot of trash in the vending area on my floor. It was there when I checked in at 5:00 pm and was still there in the morning. The breakfast was ok and had a large selection. One thing that was interesting to me was a sign at the breakfast bar that said something like refrain from taking food to your room or you may be charged a cleaning fee. I have never seen a hotel discourage you from eating in your room. Furthermore, a hotel room that has a microwave, coffee maker and a refrigerator. This was a bit confusing. The neighborhood around the hotel was a little shady in my opinion however the parking area is gated, and I felt safe in the parking lot. There is a good selection of chain restaurants close by and it is close to Love Field airport.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank timbottu
Baton Rouge, United States
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Hotel is convenient to Dallas Love Airport with free shuttle, comp WI-FI, free breakfast. Even though the shuttle to DFW is not free they did accommodate my transfer and we paid the driver; which is a lot less than hiring a taxi. Hotel is just a few minutes from Dallas Love and about 25 minutes to DFW. Rooms were clean. Great stay!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

1 Thank Louise R
Longview, Texas
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We redeemed Club Carlson points when staying in this hotel and asked to upgrade us upon arrival since we were travelling with kids and needed extra room. The staff was courteous and upgraded us to the suite - which ended up being just two separate rooms (each with a bathroom and own entrance door) with the connecting door between them unlocked - which provided much more space and convenience than the 'conventional' suites in other hotels. The swimming pool is outside but since we were staying in August it was Ok. Rooms were clean and as I mentioned spacious - though quite conventional and not stylish - just what you would expect from the hotel of this type. Would definitely return to the property on our next trips to Dallas.

1 Thank Denis L
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Spent our last night of vacation before returning home. Have always had good experiences at Country Inns & Suites and this one is no exception. Appears to have been recently renovated and in line with the new look for C I & Suites. Bed and pillows very comfortable. Hotel is close to a highway but the room was very quiet and we heard no outside noises. AC worked well with wall thermostat. Bathroom clean and towels plenty soft. The toilet/shower room had no exhaust fan and the room does get steamy. Front desk staff very efficient and helpful. Breakfast bar well stocked. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for third floor in the rear of the hotel.
1 Thank stl1126
Rancho Cucamonga, United States
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This property is well maintained, and clean. It needs an upgrade in the Laundry Room, as a double stacking unit would be beneficial. Also a hot tub renovation is needed as well. I know it is hot in Texas, but still necessary. Friendly staff, lax environment.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Kempner
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I have stayed at the this hotel twice this year and have been happy with my stay there. Even though they are a little off the highway and hard to find without a GPS it is worth the stay. The main thing I like about this hotel is that the rooms I was given both times had two separate bedrooms with their own bathrooms. The first time I stayed there the room actually had a big living room between the bedrooms. Each room had its own balcony so if you are a smoker or you just like relaxing in the evening enjoying the weather this is your place. Although the hotel seems like it has been there a while it has been kept up really well and it is gated, which gives you a little more secure feeling. The hotel staff is very friendly and the hot breakfast in the morning is not bad. All I can say is give it a try.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family